30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Columbus Day weekend could create some line crowds and waits for Friday (and that 3 day weekend )
But will wait and see once we are closer to that time period

I posted this on fb group but thought I’d look for advice here too:
I’m taking my 19 and 17 year old boys on Oct 22 to the 730 RIP tour. Should we do stay and scream before? Is it worth lining up to see a house or two before our RIP tour? What time can you go to the meeting place/ food and drink area with a 730 tour? Thx!

My wife and I booked a sort of last minute Disney trip and after talking about doing Horror Nights for years I finally convinced my wife to go. She hates haunted houses and being scared in general but she's willing to give it a try. To help alleviate her fears we booked the private VIP tour so if she doesn't want to go into a house she'll have someone to keep her "safe" while I go in. We really don't know too much about this event so I guess I'll need to read this thread from the start and hit up some of the DIS videos to see what we're getting into here. We also booked Bigfire for an early dinner before the night time event starts.

My wife and I booked a sort of last minute Disney trip and after talking about doing Horror Nights for years I finally convinced my wife to go. She hates haunted houses and being scared in general but she's willing to give it a try. To help alleviate her fears we booked the private VIP tour so if she doesn't want to go into a house she'll have someone to keep her "safe" while I go in. We really don't know too much about this event so I guess I'll need to read this thread from the start and hit up some of the DIS videos to see what we're getting into here. We also booked Bigfire for an early dinner before the night time event starts.

My wife hates haunted houses too. In the past, I’d either do HHN by myself, or with other family members and/or friends, while she stayed in the hotel room. This year, because of the Beetlejuice house, she agreed to attend HHN this year. Hopefully, she enjoys HHN.

I posted this on fb group but thought I’d look for advice here too:
I’m taking my 19 and 17 year old boys on Oct 22 to the 730 RIP tour. Should we do stay and scream before? Is it worth lining up to see a house or two before our RIP tour? What time can you go to the meeting place/ food and drink area with a 730 tour? Thx!
absolutely, you would likely be able to get in at least two or three houses if you hit it right.

your reservation confirmation should have that info on it re labamba
Hopefully, she enjoys HHN.
aw, that’s great to hear! Hope she loves it

I thought I was one of those who “hated” haunted houses too, as I do not like people jumpin at me and scaring me. But after hearing about it for years from the veterans on here, plus that was the one thing my then 16 year old wanted for her birthday AND we had free ticket with AP…well I’m hooked. I still get really nervous going into the first couple houses then it just become fun to be scared! First year did a couple nights (yep got tickets for other nights after first one) next year extended stay by couple nights plus daytime tours and express, this year? 2 weekends (6 full nights of HhN), pass with Express, daytime tour AND an RiP tour. It’s highly addictive lol! By accounts seems the BeetleJuice isn’t terribly scary so maybe start with that one? Hope she ends up having fun!

We did our first HHN last night (Thurs, 9/09/21). We did a public RIP tour and I just want to say it was totally worth the money.

Here’s a little rundown of the evening. After check in, we went to La Bomba to wait for our tour to start. They had some yummy food options. Sliders, pork mac n cheese, cheese & meats, olives & minimal veggies , flatbread pizza, etc. The dessert options were pretty slim. There was a flourless chocolate cake, macaroons, mini cheesecake, and one other one, I think, but I can’t remember for sure. They had drinks available inside for purchase but water was free.

We had 12 people in our group and our tour guide, Brandon. We did the first 5 houses and a couple of scare zones before going back to La Bomba’s for a short break. Then there was a show (some projections on water, I believe). My hubby and I chose to stay behind so we didn’t watch that one (10-15 minute show). After the rest of the group returned from the show, we hit up another couple of houses and the remaining scare zones (if memory serves), before taking a quick break at Lombards. Around 10:30pm, we queued up for the second show, which takes place in the back of the park (by MIB ride). That show was really cool! Lots of fire, pyrotechnics, and half naked dancers. Storyline was weak but the show really was still pretty cool. Plus. we had great seating right in the middle bleachers.
(Note: The show / music was extremely loud. If you’re sensitive to that, bring earplugs. )

After the show, we took another break at Jimmy Fallons. Pretty much all of the breaks are 10 minutes or so. Enough time to use the restroom and buy a drink. We went straight from Jimmy Fallons to the last two houses of the night. We did the Tooth Fairy and then the Icon house last. I wasn’t a fan of the tooth fairy house but that’s only because I’m that person whose afraid of the dentist and who has those creepy dreams where all of your teeth fall out. So yeah, that house creeped me out more than the others. I thought the houses were very well done. There was plastic sheeting in front of some of the scare actors but it was pretty unobtrusive. Sometimes the plastic goes all the way down to the floor and other times it just goes down to waist height so the bottom half is all open. I did know to pay more attention at those spots though, which was a bonus for this easily scared girl. The scare actors are very good at their jobs and I had more then a few jump starts. The Beetlejuice house was one of my favorites because it was more fun than scary. The RIP tour was worth it for the house lines alone. The tour bypasses all the lines so you get right into every house. That’s a major plus in my book. Also, our tour guide, Brandon, was really knowledgeable about the event and the houses. He gave us the background story before each of the houses so we’d know what was going on in there. I hate being scared (and haven’t been to a haunted house in like 15 years) but I wanted to have this new experience with my guy. I was still very nervous and my husband may have complained about my nails digging into his arm a time or two but it was a lot of fun.

As for crowds, it was noticeably busy. Busier than the parks were during the day. The lines for the houses were super long. The Netflix House on Haunted Hill (not sure I have that right) had the longest lines of the night. That line was intense! It had a posted wait time of 70 minutes when we started our tour (7pm tour). I did see it drop just a bit later in the evening but it stayed pretty close to an hour. It looked like most houses were posted around and hour but I remember seeing the tooth fairy at 35 minutes around 10pm. If those were the waits on a Thursday, I can’t imagine how busy the parks must be on a Saturday night.

Overall, we had a great time. The RIP tour was money well spent and was definitely the way to go for these HHN newbies.

Thanks fir the comprehensive review!
After check in, we went to La Bomba to wait for our tour to start. They had some yummy food options. Sliders, pork mac n cheese, cheese & meats, olives & minimal veggies , flatbread pizza, etc. The dessert options were pretty slim. There was a flourless chocolate cake, macaroons, mini cheesecake, and one other one, I think, but I can’t remember for sure. They had drinks available inside for purchase but water was free.
Any pics to share of the grub.

disappointing to hear the dessert options this year
We had 12 people in our group and our tour guide, Brandon.
Had a Brandon once for tour guide. Brown hair, large stature, loved to talk lol. Wonder if same one
The lines for the houses were super long.
Did u wait in any standby lines & monitor the posted wait time. In general in most parks it tends to be overstated

Passing along an update from a friend that was there last night (Friday, 9/10): Simpsons Stay & Scream area released very early (@ 5:30) and they made it through 7 houses in the first 2 hours. Some early rain, however, may have kept crowds away and it picked up after 8pm with long waits (almost an hour at most houses). Using S&S and strategic use of Express, however, they were able to do almost all houses twice and call it a night a little after midnight. Not bad for a busy Friday night. They did say most wait times seemed to be inflated by about 25-50% - although they also said Express times consistently seemed to be about half the posted time.

Without EP? That is very early for them to clear park, have scare actors ready to roll & have so many houses open early!
I was very surprised at a release that early. I’ve never been lucky enough to have one before 6pm. They said they didn’t start using their EP until around 8pm on the second pass through. I agree that it seems like a perfect storm - but certainly highlights the benefit of Stay and Scream. They were on house #3 before they noticed the general release of guests.

Tuesday, October 26 HHN - seems to be the only Tuesday event. Does anyone know if there is something going on that night or is it just an added night because it is the last week of HHN? Any thoughts on how the crowds would be that evening?

Today’s the day for our first ever HHN. :p Here‘s hoping the weather stays clear.

We have Premier APs, which include one free night. Do we have to go to guest services to get a printed ticket? Or can we just scan in with our AP card?

We also have the RIP tour planned. I’m assuming we can just show them the email confirmation on that one.

I had the same question! Thanks for asking.
We got the 15 month premium ap....gonna try to do hhn next.october...trying to learn what to do...staying off property.

I’m still trying to figure out the logistics between 5-5:30pm on our HHN night. Currently have reservations at Lombard’s at 3:45. I assume we’ll be out around 5:00-5:15. Where do I head to? Do I head to a holding zone, or can I line up at a house?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter