3D movies

WOM

Earning My Ears
I went out in 2012 and bought a 65 inch 3D plasma because the 3D movies I saw at the theater were great. I bought a lot of 3D movies including 5 Disney movies, Planes, UP, Tangled, Monsters University and Brave. I went and saw Frozen and Maleficent in 3D and couldn't wait to get them. I have a grand daughter and great grand daughter I wanted to share them with. Talk about being disappointed to learn that Disney wasn't going to release them in the U.S because 3D doesn't sell enough. Why show movies in 3D at the theaters then? Why get us all worked up for nothing? I have 58 3D movies so far and am buying more when they come out. I guess there's nothing one can do but vent. :sad:

Check your cable provider.... Do they offer Video on Demand in 3D?

Got tired of paying a premium on 3D BluRay's and now use video on demand. Watched Frozen 3D on my home TV.

I am with you. I'm so aggravated at Disney. I did not buy Maleficent this week because it wasn't offered in 3D. If they don't want to support it then don't release them in the theater in 3D either. They should at least offer an upgrade like they did with Oz.

I've quit buying Disney movies until the 3D version is released in the US. It's frustrating that Disney keeps releasing the 3D versions in foreign markets, but not here in the United States. :confused3 :mad:

I am probably the oldest on this thread. I grew up with Disney on TV. Disney was for us kids. I've stayed loyal and miss their TV show, but it seems in this time of greed Disney has fallen into that Walmart pattern. I to am considering not seeing or buying anymore Disney movies. I did buy Frozen and Maleficent because I took the grand daughter to see them and she wanted them. Its a shame. I don't have cable only directv or dish. I have about 1000 movies so I am a buyer.

After being burned twice now I won't be taking my grand kids to anymore Disney films. I think the next is into the woods, probably not 3d but I'am, done spending money.

Amazon has Frozen in 3D. Not a U.S. release, but it's region free and it's only a couple of dollars higher in price.

I think 3D for home video has been pretty much a failure. Can't imagine they'll be releasing them in any country much longer.

3D entertainment is costly and it has no future outside the big screen. It could even be considered a failure with most TV manufacturers dropping their 3D lines to focus on higher resolutions. This, as a consequence, means that film distribution companies are stopping their 3D Home Entertainment production altogether, as it's not that profitable anymore.

You may find some of those films online, thouh I suspect more companies will join Disney in a not so distant future, unfortunately.

That new curved super high res 55, 65, 75 inch TV's are 3d and they are great. Will probably get one as soon as one of my other HDTV's fall apart. Best Buy carries them.

I still see quite a few 3D televisions for sale. I bought the 3D version of Frozen from a UK vendor on ebay. Waiting to see if the 3D versions of Planes 2 and Maleficent come down in price.

I remember the first time I saw the 3d version of AVATAR. I was sold on 3d. I would hope the companies don't pull the plug on 3d to soon as more people are buying 3dTV's. Shame there are not more tv stations in 3d.

I just got Guardians of the Galaxy and it had 3D included.

I just got Guardians of the Galaxy and it had 3D included.

I don't usually buy the 3D versions, but for GOTG (and Winter Soldier) the 3D and 2D editions were the same price, so I got them anyway. Now, if only I had a 3D TV.

Yep, no 3D tv here but I think we own three now.

Went ahead and ordered the last 2 3D's from England as I promised my grand daughter I'd get her them in 3D.

Just got the 3D version of Malificent from Spain. It's a Russian copy but with the English audio. Pretty bad the way you have to get a copy of an American movie.

3D is here to stay but is only going to be a niche market, at least in the US. It doesn't cost much to add it to a TV and only adds a small surcharge to the price. Same with the movies. It makes something extra at the theater something extra when the disc is sold so it is worth it for filmmakers.

3D on your television is better than in the theater if you have active glasses that take a battery. Passive is what they use in the theater and it isn't as good. I have a Samsung 52" TV with active glasses 3D and it is downright awesome! It even does a good job converting non-3D content.

Just make sure you order region-free blu-rays if you order non-US. Or get a player that plays all regions.

I want to get Oz The Great and Powerful, but Disney sells it separately from the regular Blu-ray and it is expensive so I haven't bought it. Every other company allows you to buy a Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and DVD combo, but Disney has apparently stopped doing that. So I have stopped buying Disney 3D. 3D is only 4 to 10 dollar premium in other sets, but Oz would be $27! just to get 3D. Forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter