4 day cruise ?

jewelray

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone -

I'm new to the cruise boards and have a couple of questions about doing a split land and cruise. It would be me and my daughter who will be 10 yo the end of April. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise before, so the first thing I'm thinking is it would be best to start with just 4 days. I do want to stay on land for 4 days prior to the cruise though to get my park "fix" :D Where does the 4 day cruise go to? Is it a nice cruise and worth doing? I love WDW so if I'm going to take time away from the parks, I want to be sure it's worth it. This will be our 3rd trip back. Also, when is the best cruising month. I'm thinking I want to go either the end of November or April/May time. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this is appreciated.

Thanks.

A four day'er is great! And certainly work leaving the parks for. After hours of standing around in line, you will LOVE being on that ship and being waited on! Do the parks first, then get on the ship to recover!! You and your daughter will have a blast!

The four day that we did went to Nassau, Discover Cay and a day relaxing at sea!

zbuddy

I agree! We did this for our first cruise! We stayed at WDW for a few nights, then went on the 4-day cruise. It stops at Nassau, Castaway Cay, and it has a full day at sea to enjoy the ship! Wonderful choice!

I would add that you should look into pricing the two parts separate yourself, instead of going with DCL's land/sea package. You'll usually save a lot of money doing them separately. :)

Thanks for the replies so far. I've heard Nassau isn't really a great place to do an excursion to so do you all just stay on the ship basically until you get the Castaway Cay? Also, what is the best months to cruise. I don't want to get caught up in Monsoon season which I know to be early Fall. Are there any other times to avoid?

The port of Nassau itself does get some bad reviews... But, there are some wonderful excursions too - Snorkeling, Blue Lagoon Dolphins, Atlantis, etc.... Do check out all the possibilities!

We have planned a 4day as our first cruise. Can't wait!

I would recommend May, the weather is beautiful and the parks are not packed. We are doing our first cruise May 2003. We booked the 7 night land/sea package. We added a day to the beginning of the hotel stay, so we are actually doing 4 night land and 4 night cruise. If you book the package, do any add on's yourself its alot cheaper.
Good Luck!!!!

Just had to agree with the May/late April recommendation! Last time we were at WDW it was late April..... Absolutley PERFECT!!! Gorgeous weather, and no crowds between Spring Break and June.

Actually late April early May is my favorite time to visit WDW too!! Our first trip was the last week of April into the first week of May and the weather was absolutely beautiful and the crowds were low too. I just wanted to make sure that the weather would be just as nice for the cruise at that time as I've never been on a cruise before. Thanks for all of the information and I am going to give some thought to doing the cruise along with a 4 day stay at WDW. I think my dd is afraid to be on the whole "Sea" as she put it so I have to work on her a bit to assure her that it's safe, etc. :D

We walked around the straw market in Nassau, but that was about all. The vendors were pushy, and the people on the street were scary. We only spend a couple of hours there, then went back to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter