4 day $$ question

luvstiggertoo

<font color=green>DIS'ing at work!!<br><font color
Okay, there's a thread going about how much to spend on a 7 day. How about on the 4 day?

Between soda mugs, excursions(blue Lagoon, banana boat ride), drinks(not too many), pictures and souveneirs that the kids bought we spent around $400. That doesn't include tips.

My DH and I went on the 4-Day Wonder last October, to celebrate our Anniversary. We decided to splurge, so we budgeted for it.

All in all - our bill ended up about $1,000...which included:

Photos from Shutters

Snorkel & Catamaran excursion at Nassau

Souvenirs - mostly gifts for friends and family back home

Drinks - love them BB&C's, not sure if there were any left after I got done... :)

Spa - couples cabana massages on CC, and "suckered" into a nice assortment of lotions, creams, scrubs, even massage oil...which I should have known better since I'm a spa regular at home...but you know, we just figured what the hay...and I've already used everything up...except that massage oil...DH isn't a willing masseuse all the time...:) LOL

Tips - and we tipped more than recommended, loved our servers...and ordered room service quite a few times.

If we had skipped the spa session and products - we would have gotten away with around $500. So we're budgeting for $1500 for our 7-day in October this year...figured we probably won't do the same spa treatment...and won't be getting the products this time...but will do more excursions maybe ... and definitly drink up all those BB&C's. :):):)Plus we're bringing friends who will be celebrating their anniversary and we'll be doing special things for them...which will add to our cost.

Hope that helps.

I have kept track of a budget so I have enough to spend:
Tips for 3-$131.25
Atlantis Dig/Taxi on our own- $90.00
Sanctuary Dolphin Encounter-$226.50
Castaway Cay Getaway package-$96.00
Shutters Picture package-$85.00
Souvineirs-$100.00

So I am budgeting $800 to be on the safe side, for any of the extras. This is a once in a lifetime for us!!

4 day (no Freeport, one day at sea) - just did it for around $ 500 (2 adults, 1 child)

...the $ 500 included...if I remember correctly
$ 95 - Atlantis (on our own)
$ 350 - ship charges which included tips, (tipped more than recommended) 5 photos, bingo, souvineirs, floats and bicycles at Castaway Cay. Oh... and 10 minutes on the Segway.
$ 40 - Parking at the terminal
$ 5 - tips for porters unloading luggage from our car

...only had 2 drinks (as part of our package we received the AAA soda mugs- no big "bar" drinkers in this family)

We booked this cruise only 60 days prior. There's where the money went:eek:

In addition - (not counting the cruise itself) airfare, car rental, and 3 additional days in Orlando & Palm Coast (visited friends) added a lot more $$$$ to the trip.

BUT - We had a GREAT time !

We're budgeting around $400, not including tips or limo. We are not planning on getting off the ship, except for Castaway Cay of course. The only thing that may add to that amount would be spa treatments. I'm thinking I may go to the spa at home so I can save time and money on the ship.

4 day wonder in october 2 adults 2 kids approx. $1280.00

spa treatments $200.00
unlimited internet $ 40.00
wine pkg $ 89.00
arcade cards $ 50.00
shutters photos $130.00
soda mugs $ 70.00
banana boats (4) $ 28.00
parasailing (2) $ 140.00
smoothies $ 20.00
alcoholic bevs $140.00
tips $230.00
souvenirs $140.00

Thanks everyone! I'm getting some great ideas of the things I need to budget for.
I like vicnmickey's idea of setting a budget as a guide...and then adding a little more.

4 night Wonder Dec 2002, approx. 900.00 for myself (and my bar bill) DW, DD13 and DD11. 1 spa treatment for DW Sunday and Monday football @ESPN for me soda mugs for DD's, pictures, unlimited virgin daqueries for DD's a few drinks for DW, castaway cay snorkeling, biking and floats, DDs at vidoe room, And included tips (we gave a little extra for all the good service). That was just our ship board charge, we did spend much more $$$ at Nassau and Freeport.

We are doing the 4 day as part of the Land/Sea option. We are planning on $2000 for the whole trip which includes:

All meals at WDW
Tips & Souvenirs
Scuba excursion for 2 in Nassau
Drinks, Drinks, and did I mention the Drinks?

Our group is 2 adults and 2 DDs.

We plan on splurging!!!!:)

Mike and Rona

:) :) Riding Space Mountain in 1 week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter