4 days in a row to much?

Trisa

Earning My Ears
Our plan is to get to Fl this Sunday. Rest on Monday
go to MK on Tuesday, Universal on Wed , Epcot on Thur. I want to go to MGM also but will 4 days be to much? We could go to MGM on Sat but Im worried it will be to packed that day. Anyone done
4 days with kids and it was ok? Ages are 9 and 21 months.

MGM shouldn't be too crowded on Saturday. MK might be, but the other parks probably not a problem. I'd play it by ear--go on Friday if everyone is still able or rest Friday and do MGM on Sat. Don't skip it if you don't have to--it's a great park!

I agree that MGM should be OK on a Saturday. I would also consider going to a park on Monday unless your travel day was very hard. We like our rest day somewhere in the middle. Last year we were there the week before MLK week-end and wanted to avoid the parks on Friday so with a 5 day hopper we went 5 days in a row. We had one 9 year old and did fine but we were tired!

jordan's mom

Unless you really need to go to Universal, I'd skip that and concentrate on Disney. If you are staying on site, going to one park in the AM and another in the PM with a rest or pool break really works well. Resting on Monday would be a waste of time unless you are driving all night long and really need the sleep.

It really depends on what type of tickets you have. If you have park hoppers, you can go to different parks on the same day. If you only have one park - one day tickets, then you can still go to that same park with a break in between.

Your 9 yr old will probably like Disney Studios or AK more than he/she would like Epcot. Disney Studios has lots of things for kids - shows, playground, movie based fun. AK has great things for kids - lots of real live animals.

On our first trip we did nine days with 3 kids (brought our nieces and our son). If you have a stroller for your little one, you should be fine. He/she can sleep in the stroller if he/she gets tired.

Well we are meeting family and they are only doing the MK
with us and its on Tuesday. Wed we are all going to UVS/IOA
everyone else bought the 5 days pass for that place but we want
to go to Epcot( My fav) and MGM. family not to happy
that we are not doing the 5 day Universal things but I dont want to keep seeing the same stuff for 5 days I want my kids to see
more of Disney. The week is pretty much set. If we go it has to be Friday. Hope thats not a really busy day for MGM. Thanks for your replys:D

I think it's really hard to anticipate crowds any day of the week.

I see that you are going with family members. Considering the fact that kids are unpredictable I would mention to these family members before you leave that you need to be flexible & may have to "play it by ear" with some of the plans.

Do what's best for you & your family & don't worry too much about the others. Make the trip fun & magical for yourself. :p

Have a great time - don't skip MGM - it's a great park. My favorite!! :p

We did 4 days of disney last October and saved MGM for our last day. By that time, the kids were tired and basically ready to go home. Needless to say MGM was our least favorite park. We did take a day off in the middle of the week to go to the beach and that seemed to revive us. I think your 9 yr old will like Universal, a friend of mine went with her 9 yr old and they LOVED it.

Me personally, I like Disney more. But the parks are very tiring especially with a 21month old. Take frequent breaks and go with the flow.:cool:

juli

Yes Im sure my son will love UV/IOA but I only want to go one day
just for the fact that they dont have alot for my 21 month old. You can only see Barney and play in water for so long ya know
what I mean? What I have read about MGM she should love that place!!!! But I did read she cant play at that play area they have. Its says you must be at least 4 years old. We leave today. I am so excited that I could not sleep much last night. I feel like a little kid!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Our family must be the minority, but when we go down to Disney our 7 day stay doesn't nearly seem long enough! We have had an annual pass now off and on for about 4 years & try to use it 3 times yearly--about 22-23 days a year to get our value out of it.
Our family motto is generally play to you drop at Disney & rest when you get home!
And believe it or not, each trip uncovers another area of Disney which we've never experienced before!
Not going to a park on one of your days seems a shame! At least try going to Downtown Disney, Boardwalk or Disney Quest! Get into the pin trading...play bus roulette (whatever bus shows up first at your bus stop...thats where you're going!)
Our trips to Disney in the past few years have been some of the most memorable of my lifetime. Take a leisurely day at the parks, get to know the cast members (you'd be surprised how these people remember us from trip to trip...kind of like going back to meet the family!)
My 15 year old, in retrospect, told me a month or so ago that our earlier trips to Disney had one flaw...we had a plan of when & when we were going to be. Now we just go with the flow & have the time of our lives!

I'm with Jaybecky - go go go!! we haven't been to WDW WITHOUT a baby or toddler in 7 years and a day off would have killed us :) Rent/take a stroller and the baby will sleep when s/he is tired.

Also, MGM is always the place my kids seem the most relaxed and pleasant. Its not the dead screaming run that the others are and they seem to love the setting. Its a good middle of the week place (close enough to resting).

Of course, you're gone now, and not reading posts YIPPEE!!

Originally posted by Jaybecky
play bus roulette (whatever bus shows up first at your bus stop...thats where you're going!)

What a fun idea. We usually play things by ear also, but have never tried this.

We also find that 7 days is just not enough to be at WDW. We went from 6 to 7 to 10 to 12 days. Last year our Easter trip was 14 days, this year it's 15. We usually get another week long trip in during the year also. I would stay longer if I could. :p

Next year is the last year my kids will get 2 full weeks off at Easter time (they will be splitting the weeks during Feb. & Easter) & I told my DH that maybe we will leave on Wed. or Thurs. evening just to get a few extra days in there for our last extended trip!! He just rolled his eyes, :rolleyes: but.........he didn't say no. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter