4 night Thanksgiving on Dream. Lot of the same, some differences

Rob1872

DIS Veteran
Great Thanksgiving cruise on Dream this week.
Minor bump on COVID testing. I don't remember seeing that I needed my Safe Passage login while at the port. There was a TV monitor in the waiting tents where they were supposed to be posting test result status; it wasn't being updated. We ended up having to call their phone number to find out when our test results were done.

VERY light crowds. Only time having issues were getting into the theater. They kept every other row empty and 3 seats between families, so my son got shut out of Encanto one showing. (He did get to see it later.) VIBE was much less crowded than previous cruises but still had enough kids to do activities. Believe was night 1 and 4; Beauty and the Beast was night 2 and 3. I actually saw empty chairs on Castaway Cay for the first time in 4 cruises. Never saw the line for Aqua Duck past the entrance to the funnel. There was occasionally a line to get into the deck 3 shops at night; they would let people in one entrance as people left through another and they had cast members stationed to keep anyone from trying to enter via the exit door.

Couldn't touch the characters; they stayed about 8-10 feet away. (Several 3-5 year old girls had to be intercepted from running up to hug princesses.) They would talk to you while you were wearing a mask, then you took the mask off for the pictures.

No Pirate Night. Instead, we had the standard menu for each dining room and a Thanksgiving day menu.

No paper Navigators, even on request. No book in your stateroom with the room service menu. (We finally found it buried at the bottom of the app's section on dining.) You HAVE to have the DCL app loaded on your phone. When getting off for a shore excursion, if you were not on a DCL excursion you joined a virtual wait list via the app to tell you when you could go down and leave the ship.

Two firework nights (2nd and 3rd) 1st dinner sitting was supposed to go to 1st firework show; 2nd sitting to 2nd. No verification taking place; pure honor system. They had dots on deck 11 and 12 for where to stand for the show to stay spaced.

No towel folding classes; mostly games where they ran multiple sessions and mixology classes.

Rob:
Thanks for taking the time to recount your cruise. We sincerely appreciate the information.

Sorry, didn't take any pictures. No physical menu handed out (even though it was posted outside the restaurant), only used the app.
There was a Thanksgiving seafood appetizer that was good with jumbo shrimp, smoked salmon, and two crab claws. There were 4-5 dinner options but we all took the turkey dinner with two thick slices of white meat turkey and one thick (but smaller in length) slice of dark meat turkey along with mashed sweet potatoes and mixed veggies. We also had apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. (My wife's apple pie is much better)

How was disembarkation? We have late dining. Do they still do the set times for breakfast or anything new. We want to get off as latest as possible as we have an early evening flight.

How was disembarkation? We have late dining. Do they still do the set times for breakfast or anything new. We want to get off as latest as possible as we have an early evening flight.

thry have set times for embarkation as they want everyone off the ship by 930 or 10 am. For late dining, I believe breakfast was at 730 or 745 am.

Oh wow that is early. Pre- Covid it was 8 I believe. Might have to look into a day room as we have an overnight flight home.

Great Thanksgiving cruise on Dream this week.
Minor bump on COVID testing. I don't remember seeing that I needed my Safe Passage login while at the port. There was a TV monitor in the waiting tents where they were supposed to be posting test result status; it wasn't being updated. We ended up having to call their phone number to find out when our test results were done.

VERY light crowds. Only time having issues were getting into the theater. They kept every other row empty and 3 seats between families, so my son got shut out of Encanto one showing. (He did get to see it later.) VIBE was much less crowded than previous cruises but still had enough kids to do activities. Believe was night 1 and 4; Beauty and the Beast was night 2 and 3. I actually saw empty chairs on Castaway Cay for the first time in 4 cruises. Never saw the line for Aqua Duck past the entrance to the funnel. There was occasionally a line to get into the deck 3 shops at night; they would let people in one entrance as people left through another and they had cast members stationed to keep anyone from trying to enter via the exit door.

Couldn't touch the characters; they stayed about 8-10 feet away. (Several 3-5 year old girls had to be intercepted from running up to hug princesses.) They would talk to you while you were wearing a mask, then you took the mask off for the pictures.

No Pirate Night. Instead, we had the standard menu for each dining room and a Thanksgiving day menu.

No paper Navigators, even on request. No book in your stateroom with the room service menu. (We finally found it buried at the bottom of the app's section on dining.) You HAVE to have the DCL app loaded on your phone. When getting off for a shore excursion, if you were not on a DCL excursion you joined a virtual wait list via the app to tell you when you could go down and leave the ship.

Two firework nights (2nd and 3rd) 1st dinner sitting was supposed to go to 1st firework show; 2nd sitting to 2nd. No verification taking place; pure honor system. They had dots on deck 11 and 12 for where to stand for the show to stay spaced.

No towel folding classes; mostly games where they ran multiple sessions and mixology classes.
Did the characters dress in Thanksgiving themed outfits at any time?

Never saw Thanksgiving themed costumes on the characters. Did see Santa once.

The Tiffany store on deck 4 was replaced by another Diamonds International affiliated store (same as the jewelry store on the starboard side of the deck 3 rotunda shopping cluster).

Disembarkation breakfast times were 7 and 8. No crowd at 7; there was actually a line waiting to get in to Royal Palace at 8. You had to be out of your stateroom by 8 and off the ship by 9:30. They were trying to space people out by calling out when luggage tag groups were ready (Our 'grey Daisy' was called while we were still eating first sitting breakfast.) The line to get off the ship at 8 went all the way to the Walt Disney Theater, but it moved quickly. When we got our luggage, we only had to wait for 1 family ahead of us at customs instead of a long line like previous cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter