4 paws for ability dogs

of2dbeach

DIS Veteran
I was contacted about a dog for my son Michael who is 18 has Autism/ Epilepsy. Wondering if anyone has gotten a dog from them? I would like the good, the bad and the ugly before making a decision. youcan either post on here or email me at of2dbeach@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!:goodvibes
~Tonya and Michael ~

I personally have not recieved a dog from them but I do have a very close friend that has recieved a seizure dog from them. They are very pleased with the dog that they got.

well thats good news then. just dont know how we will get up the money for the hotels, gas and food even if we get someone to help us with the dog part of it.. this is the second time they offered us a dog the first time hubby wwasent working so i decided it was best to wait. they kept us on the list and i am greatful. so many questions though

One of my students who has Autism got one last year. The family has had nothing but wonderful things to say about 4paws. The little girl was 6 at the time and has done very well with her dog, the dog was trained mainly to keep her safe, as she has no safety awareness and would try to leave her family home quite often. They have been so pleased with the decision to go with 4paws. I know that the cost of getting the family there for the training (can't remember if it was one week or two) was a lot and our community had several fund raisers to help with their expenses. Accepting the generosity of the community was difficult for them, but knowing that their daughter so badly needed this made it worth it. Good luck!

I've heard about 4 paws and they are a wonderful organization!!! Nothing but good things from them as far as I've seen and heard. I'm heavily involved in the service dog/guide dog circuit and this is a great organization!!! Good luck to you and your son on his new SD!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter