407-WDW-PLAY Call -- LOL!

aerxo17

Mouseketeer
I just placed two calls to the recreation hotline, asking what the pool hours were at Kidani Village for next week. On the first call, the CM said she had never heard of Kidani Village, and there was no such thing. I said, "I mean Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - what are the pool hours there?" she took a moment and told me there is NO pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge, there are only pools at the Resorts, like the Contemporary and the Polynesian. I said, ma'am, Animal Kingdom Lodge is a resort. She said "well you can't book anything there". I said again, I just want to know what time the pool opens next week. She said, please do not yell at me (I wasn't yelling lol) and said most pools open at 10am. I hung up, because I'm not trying to correct a CM.

I called the recreation number again, and asked the same question. The CM was very kind, and told me the pool hours were 10am-11pm. Almost instantly! I said, "Thank you so much, the last person I had on the phone told me Kidani Village doesn't exist and Animal Kingdom Lodge doesn't have a pool". When I tell you that this second CM laughed, I mean that she LAUGHED! She said "oh my goodness I'm so sorry about that, sometimes you just have to know the right place to look!" and we both had a good chuckle over it.

Omg, funniest two calls of my life. "there's no such thing as Kidani Village" well, I paid a good amount of money to stay there so I would hope it exists! LOLLLLL

I used to be a Front Desk/Concierge at the Disney Resorts and guests would come to us and say, "Well we just called..." and I would always have to nicely say, "Yes, you didn't call the hotel directly..you called our third-party answering service. Those employees never actually work on the property...they are Disney but they also aren't. So sadly, their information isn't always 100%." I will admit it was always difficult and frustrating that they didn't have the correct information. The same with the Disney Reservation Center, they didn't have first-hand accounts or updates on a lot of information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter