5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Cruisers

We sail in 76 weeks*!

*DISclaimer. This is based on a sail date of June 7, 2008. This can of course change once the 2008 dates come out and if DCL has anything special planned.

A little bit late since the boards were down over the weekend.

Merry Christmas from the Norwegian Sun!

We're all here, we're all in one piece.....but more than a few are really, really SICK! We had some evil crosswinds and waves last night. Unlike anything I've ever experienced, and being on the top deck, in the front of the ship, is NOT the place to be. Our verandah doors (mine and Virgil's) blew open during the night and sucked the curtains out. Took forever to wrangle them and get the doors closed. I wasn't sick, but I was really panicky. I kept thinking of those rogue waves......
It started at midnight, and it's about 3:40 right now, and we're finally hitting calmer seas.

Anyway.....will be in Costa Maya tomorrow, and Frances says once she gets on dry land, she may not get back on the ship.

And.....definitely NOT Disney! We really enjoyed the Dream last year....this is different. Very impersonal.
Better sign off for now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Stacey - good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the sickness and rough waves. Hopefully things will go smoother for you from here on out!

Stacey, hang in there. The front is almost through. It's been pretty rough in our area today and it's the same front you are in.

Enjoy the calm and warm seas of Mexico!!

Hope all you cruisers make it through the rough weather with all your curtains!! Sounds exciting! I can just "imagine" the same situation with our family........

Merry Christmas to all!! Hope all is well and you have a wonderful day. Ours has been quite nice. Opened presents this morning and I now have a belt just like Virgils. (guess the girls bought the same Mont Blanc belt at Diamonds International on their "Girls Only Cruise"!! Very chic!! Quite frankly, I didn't know they sold belts at the jewelry store......

Here's a couple of pictures from the ice cream eating extravaganza after dinner at Ghiradelli's:

Went the dish is served:

icecream_before.jpg

The expressions after the dish is gone......... Sooooo Sadddddd! :sad1:

icecream_after.jpg

(I quickly photoshopped the umbrella pole out in the center)

Kevin, great pictures. Reminds me of Christmas, all the anticipation and then it's over.

Back to work of us today. :eek:

:tinker:Good morning cruisers :tinker:

Happy Tuesday!

Back to work for me as well. This week is usually a casual week for us with jeans allowed every day. However they made today a college day. We have 5 college students coming in for interviews for next summers training session. That means I'll be interviewing all day and it also means we are business dress. Tomorrow and Thursday will be Jeans and we are off Friday so it is all good.

The front is almost through. It's been pretty rough in our area today.

THAT's an understatement!!!

Jim- not sure if you were home yesterday... could you hear the F2 that went through Daytona?

We were outside taking the rack of lamb off the grill... we weren't sure what we heard until we saw the news later on... sounded like a freight train off in the distance- lasted too long to be thunder.

DeLand is a mess this morning, too... that other one hit about 2 miles from my office... its amazing no one got killed...

Safe, calm seas who all who are still enjoying their vacations!!!!!

Good Morning All!

I didn't get back in time to check for the yahoo link on Friday, so I've been in withdrawal. My parents arrived on Thursday night just as we were pulling into the driveway. Their van was loaded top to bottom with stuff...Christmas presents, suitcases, printer, fax machine - "just in case" - my mom said...Don't think she trusts her office when they say "Don't worry, we'll be fine"

We started our Christmas celebrations Saturday night with John's aunt, uncle and cousins. Standing rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes, a compote of spinach, tomatoes and garlic, broccoli, salad and homemade foccacha (sp?) bread. And a dense chocolate cake which comprised of 1 1/2 lbs of dark chocolate, eggs, and 1 lb of butter. Layered with white chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache....yumm!!!!

John worked the 5:00, 6:00 and 7:00 services Christmas eve, so to make it simple, we fixed appetizers.

Monday morning John made caramel apple cinnamon rolls. Traditional Christmas dinner is spent with friends - warming up leftovers and letting the kids enjoy their presents and friends. Added to our Christmas Eve Eve leftovers and appetizers our friends brought - smoked turkey, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole and green beans.

highlights of the kids' christmas - their iPods. Before Christmas, John loaded cds, a few podcasts (thanks OM) and a few mickey cartoons. It's been blissfully quiet! We're going to have to get the wall chargers, though.

Kids gave John an ice cream maker attachment for his kitchen aid. We'll all reap the benefits of that presents! He also ordered himself an iPod.

My highlights - pink Disney crocs from the kids!! And from John - the complete box set of Captain and Tennille CDs - PLUS - dvds from their tv show woo hoo! Watched one last night John travola singing, Penny Marshall singing... I can only handle one show at a time - it's sooo cheesy!!! but, I love it!!!

We had a relatively calm Christmas too. As usual, I got sick after returning from our trip. That's three trips this year, and three bouts with cold/bronchitis etc. Wondering what happened to my wonderful immune system. Kevin and Alicia have sniffles, but are otherwise fine, thank goodness.

I felt so bad Christmas Eve, they went to the in-laws get together without me. Didn't want to risk infecting his elderly and very fragile parents. They keep their house nice and closed up and warm, sort of like an incubator. But they had a big crowd, did lots of eating (and probably drinking), set up luminarias, and opened presents. I ate some posole and watched "Everything is Illuminated" on HBO.

Christmas Day we opened presents, watched the parade and ate breakfast, and then went to see Dreamgirls. Loved it, highly recommend it. My tongue got raw from sucking on cought drops the entire movie, but it was worth it. Came home and started dinner, prime rib roast, mashed potatoes, asparagus, dark chocolate ganache cake and a nice Pinot Noir. My brother's family stopped by to exchange presents, this resulted in burnt asparagus.

I think maybe I am getting better. Still taking it easy today. I happened on some posts about Oil of Oregano. It's an old holistic cure, taking the drops is supposed to shorten the duration of a cold, and most important keep it from developing into something worse. It's nasty stuff, but maybe it's working.

Kiki, what is an F2? I just read in the paper that there were a couple of tornadoes between Tampa and the Georgia state line, did you have them over your way too? That's quite a storm!

Hey, the edit feature isn't working any more! I just tried twice to take the "t" off the end of "cough" but it didn't take.

THAT's an understatement!!!

Jim- not sure if you were home yesterday... could you hear the F2 that went through Daytona?

We were outside taking the rack of lamb off the grill... we weren't sure what we heard until we saw the news later on... sounded like a freight train off in the distance- lasted too long to be thunder.

DeLand is a mess this morning, too... that other one hit about 2 miles from my office... its amazing no one got killed...

Safe, calm seas who all who are still enjoying their vacations!!!!!

We were home, but did not hear it. We were watching movies so we did not hear much of anything else.

Matt has gym duty this week and is driving my truck so be on the look out!

Wow, that's scary. What is the warning system for tornados? You were outside, huh?

highlights of the kids' christmas - their iPods. Before Christmas, John loaded cds, a few podcasts (thanks OM) and a few mickey cartoons. It's been blissfully quiet! We're going to have to get the wall chargers, though.

Kids gave John an ice cream maker attachment for his kitchen aid. We'll all reap the benefits of that presents! He also ordered himself an iPod.

My highlights - pink Disney crocs from the kids!! And from John - the complete box set of Captain and Tennille CDs - PLUS - dvds from their tv show woo hoo! Watched one last night John travola singing, Penny Marshall singing... I can only handle one show at a time - it's sooo cheesy!!! but, I love it!!!

You should not be posting all the gifts you got.

It makes the new set of tires I gave Sharon look like of cheezy! :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter