5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
CajunGirl2 said:
Have you ever considered lasik surgery? DH just did it in June and is happy. I don't know what his eyes were but pretty bad. I don't think he could read the clock that's on his side of the bed. I can usually make it out if I squint or close one eye. My eyes are -2.50 & -2.75. I'm going to consider having it done next year... maybe before the cruise! It's probably too late for you to have it done before your next cruise though.

Ang

DH had surgery - it may have been before lasik and he loves it. :3dglasses

Me, I am terrified...Plus they told me I would still need glasses....And I am correctable with lenses...

chip&dale&fun said:
DH had surgery - it may have been before lasik and he loves it. :3dglasses

Me, I am terrified...Plus they told me I would still need glasses....And I am correctable with lenses...

I'm right there with you on that.....can't stand the thought of having someone mess with the only eyes I have!
And, I too, would still have to wear glasses, so I figure there's no point in going through that.
I do love the new rimless glasses, though. In my picture, you almost can't tell I'm wearing glasses.

chip&dale&fun said:
justmecat - so is this your vow renewal picture from Key West? :cloud9:

Yes, one of them. We had such fun that day. I almost wish I could do it every year!
Weddings are much more fun when you're already married!!!!!

Gonna sneak in another trivia question.....
Remember, match the phrase with the title of a movie:

Charlton Heston + Gary Cooper + a freighter = a collision.

And the movie title would be........????

justmestace said:
Gonna sneak in another trivia question.....
Remember, match the phrase with the title of a movie:

Charlton Heston + Gary Cooper + a freighter = a collision.

And the movie title would be........????

Thought I knew - I was wrong....

justmestace said:
Yes, one of them. We had such fun that day. I almost wish I could do it every year!
Weddings are much more fun when you're already married!!!!!
So, do you recognize this shot???

dadalicia_keywest.jpg

chip&dale&fun said:
So please may I see a show of hands --

I vote for a tailgate party in the parking lot. Oh wait... guess I've been planning the fall football marketing strategy too long- sorry.

It's starting to look more and more like that will be moving day. I'd say do whatever you can with 4 less people (us) and go from there. Sorry to back out, but, having a roof over my head seems to be quite a priority these days.

Or... we could have a moving party at my house... :rotfl: (insert MEGA rotfl smiley here... I tried to, but its not working.)

We don't have any shots like that, Kevin..... I recognize the pretty girl!

I'm going to try to post a picture of the "canyon" that makes up the back of our property. It's one of the washes that runs into Cave Creek. Cave Creek is where Jared was when he shouldn't have been yesterday. Several washes like the one in our back "yard" run into it.

Back in a second....if I can figure out how to put it up. I've been adventurous lately. :flower:

Here goes:

th_CanyonFlood8-9-05006.jpg

Too big? Too small?? Too small, I guess. But you can get an idea of the water rushing down that one. Add a few more of these to the one bigger creek, and you'll get an idea of what it's like. Yuck.

Thought I'd show ya'll what I ran over on the way to the Ohio State Fair. The nice Toyota people got it out for me, plugged the tire, and suggested I keep the full size spare on the car and use the damaged tire for a spare only.

Keep in mind, that screw is about 2 1/2 inches long!

IMG_1211.jpg

Ohminnie....that was an old one.....not like all the fresh new ones we run over. The ones that fall off the construction trucks!
Who else would look at that and wonder where it came from??

justmestace said:
Here goes:

th_CanyonFlood8-9-05006.jpg

Too big? Too small?? Too small, I guess. But you can get an idea of the water rushing down that one. Add a few more of these to the one bigger creek, and you'll get an idea of what it's like. Yuck.

Stacey,

That looks scary! No way I'd go anywhere near there!!!

Ang

kikipug said:
I vote for a tailgate party in the parking lot. Oh wait... guess I've been planning the fall football marketing strategy too long- sorry.

It's starting to look more and more like that will be moving day. I'd say do whatever you can with 4 less people (us) and go from there. Sorry to back out, but, having a roof over my head seems to be quite a priority these days.

Or... we could have a moving party at my house... :rotfl: (insert MEGA rotfl smiley here... I tried to, but its not working.)

Thanks for the update. What say the rest of you - we are down to 10 and that is a table of 4 and 6 or two tables of 6 and we play musical chairs?

ohiominnie said:
Thought I'd show ya'll what I ran over on the way to the Ohio State Fair. The nice Toyota people got it out for me, plugged the tire, and suggested I keep the full size spare on the car and use the damaged tire for a spare only.

This is what Frances usually finds on the highway...... She's ruined more tires than I can count.....

Virgil
pirate: TFD

WE NEED A BIG BLAST OF PIXIE DUST TO convince my namesake to blow herself out to sea. I thought I had her talked into drifting north-west this weekend and now I see stories that she may hit Florida - Carolinas as a hurricane. Oh, no, this is not acceptable. Come-on Amanda -- pipe in here too. Come on storm - turn, turn, turn........GO AWAY!!!!! GO VERY FAR AWAY!!!!!

story.irene.315a.wed.jpg

ohiominnie said:

IMG_1211.jpg
Oh man! Let me the first to say: Girl, you got screwed!! :earseek:

justmestace said:
We don't have any shots like that, Kevin..... I recognize the pretty girl!

I'm going to try to post a picture of the "canyon" that makes up the back of our property. It's one of the washes that runs into Cave Creek. Cave Creek is where Jared was when he shouldn't have been yesterday. Several washes like the one in our back "yard" run into it.

Back in a second....if I can figure out how to put it up. I've been adventurous lately. :flower:
That is the Southern most spot in the US, down in Key West! I thought you would have been there..... :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter