5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
goingthedistance said:
Congrats to Stacey for 33000 and Hedgie for the reply.

I guess I can try again in approx 995 posts!

Shouldn't be long..... Better check back in tomorrow....

Virgil
pirate:

goingthedistance said:
Congrats to Stacey for 33000 and Hedgie for the reply.

I guess I can try again in approx 995 posts!

At the rate we are posting that should only take a day or so :lmao:

You got that right Virgil!! :thumbsup2

I was planning on hanging around for the race, but got busy. Darn!

Congrats to Stacey and Hedgie for their accomplishments!! :teeth:

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the milestone post Stacey & reply from Hedgie!!!

Everyone has been chatty around here. Stacey, did you get ANY sleep last night? :stir:

Ang

tinksdad said:
Just exactly what is that???? :lmao: :lmao: We are a multi-topic group!!

Well, I started talking about one thing, and ended up talking about another. Guess I fit in pretty good, huh? :teeth:

chip&dale&fun said:
If there are any old tux's laying around, I bet I know where you could sell them :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nope, too bad EBay wasn't around when we closed the store. That would've been a good way to recoupe some cash...

Stacey,

Do y'all do wrought iron curtain rods? I found what I want at Penney's but it's not thick enough or long enough. They are black w/ a hint of gold & have fleur de lis finnials (sp?). I'm sure it would be waaayyy to expensive to have them shipped to me though. Any ideas of where I could look for something mass produced? I've yet to finish decorating my dining room that we painted before my surgery!!! My mom is going to bring me some black & white photos that my brother took of various fences, statues, etc. around New Orleans. I can't wait to see them.

Ang

OK, back to work for me. Do some laundry and organize the boys' new room.

Chow for now.

I'll take the U-TOP. Not the milestone, but that's OK.

Ok ... who was it that wanted to know what we all do for a living???

DH is a software engineer (BS & MS in EE) ... since we've been in GA, he's been in to wireless devices (phones, PDAs, etc.). Since we've been in GA, I've been a web application developer. So, yes, we're both computer "nerds" .. although I don't put myself in the nerd category ... it's just a job to me ... a means for making $. I could leave it in a heartbeat!!!

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
Hi everyone!

Congrats on the milestone post Stacey & reply from Hedgie!!!

Everyone has been chatty around here. Stacey, did you get ANY sleep last night? :stir:

Ang

Four and a half hours. I'm pretending to be a doctor. ;)

I would have slept later today, but the hairy dog in my face with his icky dog breath woke me up.

TiggerInNY said:
Is there anything that you take that makes you sleepy besides Benadryl?

Simply Sleep......Tylenol PM........or a bonk on the head.....

CajunGirl2 said:
Stacey,

Do y'all do wrought iron curtain rods? I found what I want at Penney's but it's not thick enough or long enough. They are black w/ a hint of gold & have fleur de lis finnials (sp?). I'm sure it would be waaayyy to expensive to have them shipped to me though. Any ideas of where I could look for something mass produced? I've yet to finish decorating my dining room that we painted before my surgery!!! My mom is going to bring me some black & white photos that my brother took of various fences, statues, etc. around New Orleans. I can't wait to see them.

Ang

New Orleans is the BEST place for admiring that kind of work!!

Yes, we do the curtain rods....I actually have some in my bedroom. Took me years to get them....
The hardest part would be getting the color that you like...the "hint of gold"...antiquing.....but it can be done. And they would be expensive to ship. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to find what you need (size-wise) mass-produced, but check your phone book for Ornamental Iron. There has to be someone there that custom makes them. Warning: You're looking at a minimum of $200 a rod.

A hint for making the ones at Penney's work for you.....buy extra brackets and space them along the length of the rod for extra support with heavy curtains.

TiggerInNY said:
Is there anything that you take that makes you sleepy besides Benadryl?

Flexiril :) For muscle spasms. Got some left overs here and when I REALLY need sleep..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;)

justmestace said:
New Orleans is the BEST place for admiring that kind of work!!

Yes, we do the curtain rods....I actually have some in my bedroom. Took me years to get them....
The hardest part would be getting the color that you like...the "hint of gold"...antiquing.....but it can be done. And they would be expensive to ship. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to find what you need (size-wise) mass-produced, but check your phone book for Ornamental Iron. There has to be someone there that custom makes them. Warning: You're looking at a minimum of $200 a rod.

A hint for making the ones at Penney's work for you.....buy extra brackets and space them along the length of the rod for extra support with heavy curtains.

Thanks Stacey! I HATE it when you know exactly what you want but don't know where to find it. That's usually my problem with decorating. I have something in my mind then wind up having to settle. When I first bought my table & chairs, I hated that the seats came with black ultrasuede fabric but now I know (in my mind) how to pull it all off ... black antiqued wrought iron curtain rods, black & white prints, etc. .. gold sheer valences.

Ang

Show & Tell time....remember, like the shoemaker's kids..it took me years to actually get these in my own home. Our stuff is mostly southwestern design, but Jay actually does a lot more "traditional" things.

We have my corner kitchen pot rack, living & dining room valances, kitchen valance, bedroom curtain rod, and an air return vent cover.
I'm the one who likes the copper.

Sorry they're small.

th_CaveCreekWelding002.jpg

th_CaveCreekWelding003.jpg

th_CaveCreekWelding004.jpg

th_CaveCreekWelding007.jpg

th_CaveCreekWelding006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter