SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
The crew:
Myself, (35) cardiac nurse, mother of 3.5 kids
DH (41)
DS1 (16)
DS(2)
DD (1)

We have eaten at 50's many times so I will compare to previous trips on food and service.

We were on the dining plan (4) Disney adults and paying for kids meals for the DD. We generally only used 3 TS for the 4 of us because even that was to much food.

We ordered for appetizers: shrimp cocktail, fried cheese, and onion rings. The shrimp were just gross, we will NEVER order them again. I can get past a bland presentation especially when I'm at a themed restrau. but the taste....yuck. The onion rings were great, so great the one year old over indulged and later paid for it. The fried cheese...oh the fried cheese...I have found a new favorite appetizer. Entrees- 3 fried chicken plates, nothing great but good food. Desserts- 2 dad's super sundeas and an order of smores to go. Nobody can mess up a sundea and the boys enjoyed the smores later in the room.

The service was fine, the interaction was strained. Our server really did try but english was not her first language and it made it a little more challenging for her. But I would certainly give her a A for effort.

3 Table Service Credits= $108.42

We will return but will skip the shrimp and try something other than the chicken which we are tiring of. On a scale of 1-10 "7.5".

I have heard a bunch on the "ucky" shrimp, I think we might pass that up this up~coming trip. Thanks for the reviews!

Thanks for the reviews.

I, too, like the onion rings. Never had the fried cheese, so pehaps on the next visit. I never, ever have fried chicken, except on WDW vacations, so I am no where near an expert, but I always liked it at Prime Time. Someday I will experience really goooooood fried chicken (I hope)!

once again hitting on another ADR of ours for August
thanks!!

Really wanting to try the smores!! :cool1:

Please don't be scared off of the fried chicken, it is good but we always order it. We are tiring of it. The only thing that we had that we just flat did not like was the shrimp. It's just we had some really good meals this trip and when you compare 50's to those it just isn't quite up there. It's still a fun choice especially if you've never tried it. By all means try the fired cheese. We had been multiple times and never tried it, well several people just raved about the fried cheese on some recent reviews and I thought "note to self- must try" and so so happy that I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter