50th Celebration Enchantment

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
So last night I watched the debut of Enchantment the new fireworks show at Magic Kingdom.

Extreme disappointment. The first two sections were so blah...almost boredom inducing. The last section was a little better but still not to the standard of HEA or Wishes. I know our pal @Bishoparc is going to be there tonight and will be looking for his opinion of it in person. Just seemed very flat, did not invoke or cause any emotional response.

Not much color used in the show, so for photographers, not much of a draw, lot of silver blooms. Noticed a lot of same level shells during the show also, not creating any visual depth.
Just my 2 cents. Was expecting a lot more from Disney as far as a replacement of HEA.

From my point of view they tried to replace more projection with less fireworks. The score some thought was great, many thought was washed out. For something special like the 50th anniversary of the park you would think they would have done more to highlight the characters and reason people go and its remained popular.

I too am waiting to hear more in person reviews of the show, though my expectations is going to really low.

From my point of view they tried to replace more projection with less fireworks. The score some thought was great, many thought was washed out. For something special like the 50th anniversary of the park you would think they would have done more to highlight the characters and reason people go and its remained popular.

I too am waiting to hear more in person reviews of the show, though my expectations is going to really low.

The problem with the projections while nice, is from a distance they become a moot point, just some fancy color. The people in the middle of main street can not make out the characters and what if you are watching from Ariels Grotto.
There are just too many places that projections do not work well from. And you can only pack a fraction of the attendees in to the front. So by cutting fireworks you are lessening the experience unless you are right in the Hub.
Photographers love fireworks, you can photograph from TTC and a host of other places, from them you can not see the projections. Just expected way more going in to last nights viewing.

I have not been a fan of the projections shows. When they added it as a extra for Wishes it was something cool, it became the 50% mark for HEA which took some adjusting but I really liked the score. I had high expectations that the 50th would be a step up, but it seems Disney's leadership chose to step it down a notch in my impression. I won't hold my breath and we know we will be back, but at the direction things are going it will not be the frequency of trips we used to take.

We were BIG fans of Wishes (travelled to see the last few shows) and thought HEA was a dud, not having a real story line but being a collection of 'hit every IP'. For the first time ever, we waited for over 5 hours for an unobstructed view not too far from the Partners statue, and for far-northeners that was grueling in 90 degree Florida sun! Note: I normally listen to a full album and am not a fan of 'Hits-FM'.

We thought the show was AMAZING! It had a great story line, we enjoyed the music and the theme, and from where we stood there were plenty of 'blowing stuff up!' Maybe from afar, or on YouTube it was not as spectacular, but it sure tugged on our heartstrings, and nobody in the throngs around us expressed any kind of disappointment that we heard. We did hear a few saying 'how could people not like this?" Maybe on a screen it is not as powerful as in person.

For anyone who has questions or concerns, go see it. Get a decent view and make up your own mind. For me, I hope it lasts for at least a decade, unless they bring back Wishes, or do something even better then Wishes.

My opinion: The show makes the least sense of anything I’ve ever seen (in person or on YouTube.) There isn’t even a remote story line. We sing about you are the magic then dive into a bunch of random movie clips and songs that tie together in no way.

Wishes and HEA both had plenty of moments that tugged on the heart strings, gave me chills, and made me cry. I’ve never once watched Wishes or HEA without crying. So many moments, especially in HEA, that you just want to hold on to your family and cherish the moments.

Sure, they’ve got lasers, and projections on Main Street so I’ll give them a few points for the technology and the fireworks themselves but the score, the clip choices, the song…two thumbs way down for me. 👎🏻👎🏻

Since we finally have our AP’s, I’ll be back many times to try to give it another chance. I’ll let you know if my opinion changes (but don’t hold your breath.)

I have not watched it yet. I will wait to see it in person. As we never are in the get a spot and wait it out crowd, I will let you know how it is from a far. Lol. Thats even if we make it. My daughters a bit older, so hopefully will not be too bushed to stay up late. She was 8 last time and only stayed for the fireworks 2x in like 8 days. And both of those we left early.

Haven't seen new one yet. In person is real proving ground. YouTube can't give the true atmosphere. However, Wishes is what brought the goosebumps. Every single time. HEA wasn't bad, but didn't have the same reaction though.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia.

There is already a petition on Change.org to have HEA brought back in place of Enchantment. That did not take long.
I went and signed it. Doubt it will help but might as well. I do plan on emailing Disney my thoughts tomorrow, again won’t help but at least I tried.

I loved Wishes and thought HEA was just an IP showcase at first, but the music and the theme of HEA really grew on me. I've watched Wishes and HEA back to back online and it is crazy how much better the "production" is for HEA. I'll give Enchantment a chance in person and see if it grows on me. I do remember I was in the minority of people that didn't like HEA at first. Sounds like the general concensus for Enchantment is not good.

j

I have only watched it online. I find it a positive that the castle projections don't tell too much of a story. They've increasingly relied on projections and, as stated above, that creates some real viewing issues when Main St. and the Hub are the only viable perspectives. This show is enhanced by the projections, but I think it could be enjoyed from the Fort beach or elsewhere without missing major elements of the story (because there isn't much of one).

That said, the score simply falls completely flat for me. It is truly a disappointment from a musical standpoint!

Wishes was always my favorite, HEA had to grow on me and the Theme song was the closing song of our Wedding in 2019. So I have that connection. I am not great on change, I expected a new show for the 50th, but the score and story there is nothing to follow. Maybe if you get a perfect view of all the projections it might make sense. I hold judgement until I see it myself, which will be in June 2022. After all the changes and mostly the huge price increase on the gold AP (don't care what they call it now) we just would rather spend that money on other trips.

In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, this one is not all that spectacular, especially since we were there on the 29th and saw the last show.
That being said, the projections, again my opinion, were phenomenal for the Halloween Parade down Main Street.
If projections are all over the place, it's hard to find the perfect place to view.
Tripping and falling off the soap box now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter