6 Days at the park... Where were the dreams?

There is a difference between *acknowledging* one's feelings and *indulging* one's feelings. People seem to be confusing the two. You can acknowledge your feelings exist without indulging them. Just because something is "natural" doesn't make it right. I just bought a megamillions ticket (it's over $150 million right now). Might I, for a split second, feel bummed when I don't win? Sure. In acknowledging that will I give myself license to moan and groan about how the world isn't fair and how I never win anything and others who do win are less deserving than me or appreciate less than I would? Heck no.

Some feelings are like day old trash, they should be acknowledged only long enough to kick them to the curb. Ignoring them *or* indulging them just ruins everything else around them.

This thread cracks me up. I have read a few threads with the same theme, whine. I especially like the threads where the poster is whining...how all the families with small children win.......give me a break!!! This promotion is very simialiar to the odds of winning the lottery. We're going this summer and fall, I would be tickled to win anything, do I expect to win anything, that would be......NO! Will I have a great trip, you bet I will.

Like I mentioned in every other "disappointed" post - the dream squad EXCLUSIVELY uses backstage areas. They only hand out prizes a handful of times a day. Your odds of actually seeing a dream squad member are slim to none. I'm here 40+ hours a week and am lucky to see them 1x. They are literally prize ninjas. They always have a manager with them who gives them a time frame so they are in-and-out within minutes.

This is not an accurate statement. The Dream Squad members are NOT exclusively backstage nor do they ALWAYS have a manager with them. Yes, they do have a manager with them when they are handing out the very special prizes such as the castle stay. But, at least at Epcot, the Dream Squad members can be seen around the park - they'll be wearing light blue shirts and khaki pants, sometimes a white vest.

Going to Disney IS going to be a dream for my family!!! We are going for the first time ever May '07 and we have been dreaming of it for a long, long time!!! :cloud9:
Awwww.... I know how you feel. I dreamed of taking my boys for years, and finally did in June 05. I truly feel it was a dream come true. Now we're going in June this year, and we can't wait! Have an amazing trip!

We just returned from WDW and did not receive any dreams nor see many that did. Was I somewhat disappointed, yes, but I believe that is human nature. Especially after reading these boards and hearing everyones stories. Was I expecting a dream? No. Was I wanting to receive a dream? Why YES! Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. Just human. Did we still have a wonderful time? YES, YES, YES! Will we go back even though we didn't get a dream? Hopefully next year. We passed out our own Disney magic. We gave away fastpasses when we couldn't use them. Our son commented each time how happy the kids were they gave them to. We made sure the little ones by us at the parades could see and moved out of the way if they couldn't. We watched our son talk to other adults about pin trading and just life in general when we were in lines or on the bus. It made our heart sing. It was a wonderful vacation even though we didn't get a dream but I would have still loved to receive one and I don't think that's a crime. haha Lynn

it's pretty bad when people are mad about others getting alittle something. for me, it is going to be magical to have dd6 and dd8 have their first magical experience. isn't that what this whole thing is supposed to be?
loving the boards and glad dh doesnt see me use all this icons
:cool1: :banana: :hug:

we went to DL for ten full days back in october when YOAMD first started. i saw bunches of people with the dream fastpasses...was i a little dissapointed we didn't get anything? yes. but it was fun to see the people who had won - well those who were excited about it (there were of course those who were upset when they didn't get loaded into a ride fast enough with their dream fp :confused3 ). i still enjoyed DL. but yes, a bit of disappointment, but an incredible trip! :)

We were there in November for our Disney Wedding and Honeymoon for a total of 7 days. We did not see any magic being spread and we did not recieve any either. We then went back in December/January and the same thing happened nothing was seen or recieved. We didn't go expecting to see anything but it would've been nice to recieve or to see someone win something with all the advertising Disney has been spreading lately.:cloud9:

The program must be winding down in some sense. I was in all four parks over last Thurs-Sunday. I saw one group of dream teamers, and I'm not sure they were actually doing or awarding anything. They may have just been on greeter duty, although one did have a bag.

I saw no one in any park with dream fastpasses, or light up hats or anything. I didn't care, because I was there in October and saw very little then, but it sure isn't in wide effect currently either.

No matter what day we go to the park we alway see folks with the dream fastpasses around their necks or a group of people who have won the Dream Ears and the lanyards.

DD and I won the lanyards (we are pin collectors so that's a good thing) and twice been within a group or two of the group that won the ears - which is what I really really want!

This is not an accurate statement. The Dream Squad members are NOT exclusively backstage nor do they ALWAYS have a manager with them. Yes, they do have a manager with them when they are handing out the very special prizes such as the castle stay. But, at least at Epcot, the Dream Squad members can be seen around the park - they'll be wearing light blue shirts and khaki pants, sometimes a white vest.

Yes, it IS an accurate statement. When the Dream Squad is in "prize mode" (in the vests), you will not see them except when they are just about to give a prize, are giving it, or have just given it. They do ALWAYS have a manager with them to observe for legal purposes.
The light blue shirts and khaki pants are when they are acting as "super greeters."

When we were there from 12/6/06 - 12/11/06, our DS got a couple of "cast only" pins, a free Buzz Lightyear mug at Pizza Planet, and a sweet little girl shared a special Tink pin that you only get from cast members that has one to keep and one to give! :goodvibes

We also saw a couple of families with the Dream Fastpasses handing around their necks!

Yes, it IS an accurate statement.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here (or, as Disney's marketing team calls it, "Chernabog's Advocate")... but I think CPer'sMom was challenging this statement of yours:

Like I mentioned in every other "disappointed" post - the dream squad EXCLUSIVELY uses backstage areas.

And I agree with her. They do not.

In reference to the original post, though, I was replying to when they are in "prize-giving mode."

We were there for 12 days in January, spent 11 of them in the parks and we didn't see a thing! I really didn't know what to look for but I was looking! I was already to congratulation whoever I saw but there was nothing out of the ordinary going on around us at any time.
We are going back in June, I hope I see someone get something fun!

:confused3 I was just wondering..what does the dream team look like? Are they dressed like CM? or are they wearing something special? Iam leaving in 11 days,...I'll be on the lookout for them!

Just playing Devil's Advocate here (or, as Disney's marketing team calls it, "Chernabog's Advocate")... but I think CPer'sMom was challenging this statement of yours:

Originally Posted by Vemnox
Like I mentioned in every other "disappointed" post - the dream squad EXCLUSIVELY uses backstage areas.

And I agree with her. They do not.

Thank you :) That is indeed what I was referring to.

I've been to DL, DLRP, and WDW several times in the last three months; either alone or with another (adult) friend.

We've received many dreams and magical moments: twice dream fastpasses at AK (I gave one of mine away to a stranger), double fastpasses many times, a magical moment certificate, an offer to ride Casey Jr until park closing, etc etc etc.

Never did I expect or search out a dream or a magical moment - often we created the moment by chatting with a CM and having them surprise us.

The dream fastpasses were handed out very surreptitiously - on EE at the exit; we were on the train which pulled up at exactly 10am and won. At Primeavil Whirl, the dream team was hidden around a corner, waiting for people to pass.

I did however experience some ugliness - I was shoved into a wall by a young couple and realized later that they were trying to get to the dream team at Primeavil Whirl. At EE the man behind me was livid that I had a dream fastpass (I never wore mine, just took it out to give to the CM) and that it was UNFAIR that he didn't get one and how did they give them out and it was UNFAIR that people like me were clogging up the fastpass line. This on a very very quiet cold January day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter