60-Day FP Booking Window for Disney Springs Area Hotels; UPDATE: No Packages Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, like FP+ doesn't stink enough already. It's hard enough for us with Annual Passes or just stay offsite to find a Fast Pass for the popular rides at the 30 day mark. I really don't want to be that guy that books a refundable room at WDW or Downtown Disney to have a chance at a big Fast Pass, but I'd like to have a chance to ride an E-Ticket attraction without the 2 hour wait! :littleangel:

I feel your pain. I get annoyed sometimes at the 30 day AP window

I think staying on property is a a benefit in itself (which it seems you do too.):)

I think staying on property has benefits, but I also will crunch the numbers in that if I stayed at one of these Disney Springs hotels and could stay longer (for the same price as on property), I'd extend my trips to add more days. We usually go for 8-10 days at a time, but I could adjust that to be longer if it the final bill was going to be the same. I don't know that up front, but that is something I'd look into really hard. I also am a Hilton Honors Gold member with those perks. The DDP is not economically smart for my family (4 Disney adults), so I would not care about that at all. If the benefit of staying on-site is diminished to the point that I can get the same benefit off-sight, I'll strongly consider it.

What about EMH? Does the room need to be booked through Disney to get that perk? If it doesn't then I might move our POFQ reservation to Wyndham since it's around $600 cheaper for our dates.

What about EMH? Does the room need to be booked through Disney to get that perk? If it doesn't then I might move our POFQ reservation to Wyndham since it's around $600 cheaper for our dates.
The EMH and FP Booking perks are available to all guests of these specified DS Hotels.

After the announcement by Disney, Disney clarified in TA Trainings that all guests have these benefits - it doesn’t matter how they booked their room.

Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to say bye bye to POFQ.

If emh wasn't included for off site guests of these partnering Disney hotels, would you think the extra $600 you would pay would be worth it?

If emh wasn't included for off site guests of these partnering Disney hotels, would you think the extra $600 you would pay would be worth it?
That coupled with the magical express since we aren't driving, ability to charge items straight to our room, and proximity to Disney Springs did make it worth it when I booked. Now I'm not so sure.

The ONLY thing onsite has now that these don't is transportation to the parks, and we all know how that's been going lately.....downhill fast!
I'm kind of surprised they're getting the EMH too. I agree that this really lessens the attractiveness of staying on-site.
The seven properties used to participate in ERide Nights, and used to use WDW buses.

Wonder if it's more reliable (really every 30 min?) and how full the buses get. Of course, they could get much more crowded with these new offers.
Barring traffic incidents, yes. The buses don't simply come every 30 minutes, they pick up on a schedule.

Well I just went with Double tree for second part of our upcoming trip- more space , booked direct with their holiday Disney promo (no resort or parking fee). Was only $20 more than a CM discount for CSR for same days. Already have FP, and was already considering offsite for that part of trip. Having EMH included and transport (if we want it) clinched the deal. We have APs so if we decided to drive wouldn't pay for parking anyway. Heck Doubletree direct for those days was cheaper than Orbitz with a discount code! Maybe I hit a sweet spot LOL?

And I literally booked FP for MK on the 30th a few days ago (totally forgot about that day as I didn't know flight times when I booked rest of trip) and everything was available except SDMT (for two people).

The EMH and FP Booking perks are available to all guests of these specified DS Hotels.

After the announcement by Disney, Disney clarified in TA Trainings that all guests have these benefits - it doesn’t matter how they booked their room.
How do you link the hotel to your Disney experience to book the fast passes?

hmm. I could see there being a lot of problems with this. I'm a Hilton Honors member so I book directly through Hilton, but there's a hundred different websites to book hotels through. They all have there own confirmation numbers. I have 7 nights booked at WL, but I'd like to add a few nights pre WL at a less expensive hotel I guess I'll wait and see how this works out.

We’re still staying at ASMu in a Family Suite. My Dad only gets a discount at Hilton for a Standard Room that does not include a microwave. We are only looking at hotels with microwaves in the room, as my Mom really wants a microwave. Based on my research, only Disney Springs Holiday Inn have microwaves in their standard rooms, however it’s more expensive than ASMu Family Suites.

Double Tree suites all have microwaves and the rooms hold 6 people. If you book through Mouse savers you get continental breakfast for 4 included. There are no resort fees but I believe $20 to park.

Double Tree suites all have microwaves and the rooms hold 6 people. If you book through Mouse savers you get continental breakfast for 4 included. There are no resort fees but I believe $20 to park.

Now I just have to wait and see if the Disney Springs Hotels will also be eligible for the Disney Dining Plan. Because we are going to attempt to get free dining on our vacation, as our vacation dates fall within the time they usually offer free dining. If the Disney Springs hotels are also able to partake in the dining plan and not exempt for the Free Dining Promotion then Doubletree Suites would be the best option. However, if they are exempt than Asmu would be the better option.

Now I just have to wait and see if the Disney Springs Hotels will also be eligible for the Disney Dining Plan. Because we are going to attempt to get free dining on our vacation, as our vacation dates fall within the time they usually offer free dining. If the Disney Springs hotels are also able to partake in the dining plan and not exempt for the Free Dining Promotion then Doubletree Suites would be the best option. However, if they are exempt than Asmu would be the better option.

I have not seen any information suggesting that dining plans would be available at these hotels. Is that info out there somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter