60 days of Free Disney Vacations sweepstakes!

I tried.....kept saying there was an error! I just figured everyone is trying to do it. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!

I kept trying, but the site was throwing an error back at me. So I thought I'd go price out a vacation and now http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ is down. Sheesh....I hope this isn't a sign of how my Disney relationship is going to go in 2012. :rotfl:

Good luck with the sweepstakes....it would be great for a fellow DIS reader to win! :)

June

I enter every Disney vacation contest out there. Yes, I've entered. Heads up -- ABC and Disney websites do not work well in Chrome for entering their contests. I have to use Firefox to get entries through. Enter daily here: http://disney.go.com/memories/

I'd love to see a winner from the DIS.

I finally got entered!
I had to use Internet Explorer. It wouldn't let me enter using Chrome.

Has anyone read the rules.... This is near the bottom....granting the right to conduct background checks....is this normal now? I understand Disney is saying it doesn't want to have someone on the FBI's most wanted list as a grand prize winner , but still it seems extreme.

Sponsor has the right to conduct a background check ("Check") of any and all records of the winner including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, which he/she, to the extent necessary under law, shall authorize; [23] Sponsor has the right to conduct a Check of any and all records of the Guests including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, which he/she, to the extent necessary under law, shall authorize; [24] Sponsor may take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by the winner and Guests, and he/she will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information for the Check; [25] if any felony or misdemeanor conviction is found, or if there is anything that conflicts with Sponsor's image, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the winner or the Guests from participating in a Trip or portions of a Trip and to pay the winner, but not the Guests, a cash substitute for the Trip or those portions that are removed and ......

Has anyone read the rules.... This is near the bottom....granting the right to conduct background checks....is this normal now? I understand Disney is saying it doesn't want to have someone on the FBI's most wanted list as a grand prize winner , but still it seems extreme.

Sponsor has the right to conduct a background check ("Check") of any and all records of the winner including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, which he/she, to the extent necessary under law, shall authorize; [23] Sponsor has the right to conduct a Check of any and all records of the Guests including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, which he/she, to the extent necessary under law, shall authorize; [24] Sponsor may take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by the winner and Guests, and he/she will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information for the Check; [25] if any felony or misdemeanor conviction is found, or if there is anything that conflicts with Sponsor's image, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the winner or the Guests from participating in a Trip or portions of a Trip and to pay the winner, but not the Guests, a cash substitute for the Trip or those portions that are removed and ......

That's an easy way for them to cover their butts in case, say, a registered sex offender wins. If the person that wins doesn't jive with their image, they have the right to disqualify that person.

Does anyone know what the "Grand Sweepstakes" prize is...we couldn't seem to find it in the rules or the website.

Odds of winning each Daily Sweepstakes depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for the applicable Day, except the odds of winning the Grand Sweepstakes shall depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for all Daily sweepstakes except the Entries of the winners. Dates below are each "on or about."

I tried to enter last night and this am using Chrome guess I need to try another browser :headache:

That's an easy way for them to cover their butts in case, say, a registered sex offender wins. If the person that wins doesn't jive with their image, they have the right to disqualify that person.

I understand the reason, but what's next, background checks before you can buy a ticket into the parks?

I haven't been able to enter on the site so I entered by text message.
text the word DISNEYDAY to 347639

I think it's a smart move. Imagine the headlines: Disney awards prize to convicted child molester and muderer and allows them to sleep on Disney grounds for 4 nights.

You can't control who is sleeping in the hotel room next to you, but it would look really bad for them (and would be a huge liability) if they awarded people with such records a hotel stay and park visit.

Same for me!

Did nyone get a response back from the text entry? I usually do but not this time. Even tried to text "HELP" with no response...they down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter