• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7:00AM flight, Do I need to take uber?

mackmack

Predicted WDW AP's would be gone
Will I need to get an uber that early(guessing 5:30am) to get to airport by 6:00am for flight at 7:00am. Assuming disney transportation isnt operating that early.

This is for Cornado to Orlando airport on a friday morning.

DME will pick you up around 3 hours before a domestic flight.

I don't agree with your Uber approach. What will you do if you have to wait 20 or 30 minutes for an Uber? How many in your group? Luggage? Id either go with DME or book a car service.

Just did this. 7:00 a.m. flight. Arranged for an uber pickup at 4:30. All went well. I did the same exact thing 2 years ago also.

They will pick me up at 4:00am?
Likely 3:45 a.m.

I've done this too many times. I swear I'm going to start booking later flights, but then a good deal comes along on that first flight of the day, and I get 4 hours of sleep.

DME operates 24/7, that is part of the reason they ask for your flight information to allow them to plan for capacity. Major airports all recommend arriving 2 hrs before your domestic flight. You never know how long the TSA line might be and the plane will leave without you if you aren't there when they are boarding. If you have TSA pre-check, you might arrive a bit later, but 1 hr is cutting it way too close at any large airport.

Last edited:
Luggage has to be checked 45 minutes to an hour before your flight. Check with your airline.

You're required to be at the gate prior to departure time. Maybe 10-15 minutes. Check with your airline. Airlines can, and do, push back early. Easier to maintain on time status if you start the day ahead of schedule.

Scheduling a ride with Uber merely means they will attempt to find a driver around 15 minutes before your pickup time. No
guarantee. Works for some posters. Others got burned.

I'd go with a car service if you want an extra 45 minutes of sleep.

So my thinking was arriving at 6:00am with TSA precheck and no checked luggage would be alright but maybe I will go earlier. I figured traffic and airport congestion would be pretty minimal at the time.

It once took me 30 minutes to get through security at MCO, through the TSA pre line.

Fewer flights at 7a may also mean fewer TSA employees working.

No checked luggage. You might be OK if you have a car service booked.

edited to add Your airline makes a difference. A low BP, or even eligibility for pre-board, won't mean much with Southwest if you get to the gate after boarding starts.

A poster on a different internet board once posted " A flier who never missed a flight is a flier who wasted hours in airports through the years". That attitude might make sense for a business flier, flying on a route with hourly service, but not so much for families flying home from vacation.

Last edited:
MCO will be busy at 6am. Today, there were 37 departures during the 7AM hour, the busiest of any morning hour (tied with 11am). tsawaittimes.com reports the average wait at TSA in the 6 AM hour is 23 minutes. The 7 PM hour is the longest at 26 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter