7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

Does anyone know the age for the gym in the spa? He recently started going to one around here with DH and he would like to keep it up if he could.

I'm pretty sure it's 18 for the gym . . . my 16 year old would love to do the ellipticals but I think the cutoff is 18 and up.

I'm pretty sure it's 18 for the gym . . . my 16 year old would love to do the ellipticals but I think the cutoff is 18 and up.

They might not have been enforcing rules but I worked out with my 12 year old nephew two years ago in Alaska. With my wife and sister in law we were the only ones there though.

They might not have been enforcing rules but I worked out with my 12 year old nephew two years ago in Alaska. With my wife and sister in law we were the only ones there though.

This is what they say on the DCL website, but maybe they are not strict about it:

The Fitness Center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. every day except when the ships are docked. Reservations for instructional classes, seminars or one-on-one training sessions may be set up at the Fitness Center any time after 1:00 p.m. on the day you first board the ship or any time thereafter. Please note that Guests are required to be 18 years of age or older to use the facilities.

i thought you can only carry on alcohol in barcelona(embarkation)....i thought if you bought it in any of the other ports it was kept by disney until disembarkation....am i thinking of another cruise line????

i thought you can only carry on alcohol in barcelona(embarkation)....i thought if you bought it in any of the other ports it was kept by disney until disembarkation....am i thinking of another cruise line????

I think it's just certain ports because we purchased alcohol on our last Med in different ports and carried it on. We also did the same thing on our Alaskan cruise.

I think it's just certain ports because we purchased alcohol on our last Med in different ports and carried it on. We also did the same thing on our Alaskan cruise.

Same with me in Alaska. Bought a six pack in Skagway because I did not care for the pedestrian choices on the cruise liner.

We were able to buy & bring beer on board in Germany. There was no problem drinking it in our stateroom. I think it's only if you purchase it through the duty free shops that they hold it until the end of the cruise.

We were able to buy & bring beer on board in Germany. There was no problem drinking it in our stateroom. I think it's only if you purchase it through the duty free shops that they hold it until the end of the cruise.

Correct....it is if you buy duty free they hold it. :) It varies from island to island in the caribbean, whether they'll let you purchase in the shops to carry on or not....but you can carry it on the ship as far as DCL is concerned.

Just wondering....there is still one room on FE list that is gty....do some people get their cabin numbers at embarkation???

I've been there often enough, I feel like I should know this, but does anyone have any further info RE the spinning bikes in the fitness center? Do they do a group spin class? Can they be used ONLY in a class, or can one use them on their own? I assume they do not have clip-only pedals, since I can't imagine that many people want to haul bike shoes TOO in their luggage? Any info would be appreciated....trying to plan out my triathlon training while on vaca! :)

Just wondering....there is still one room on FE list that is gty....do some people get their cabin numbers at embarkation???

I've been looking at that, too . . . it's virtually impossible for someone not to have their cabin number by now so I'm wondering if this cabin isn't participating in the FE. Also, I thought there were a few people who joined late and were going to be added only by those who had enough FE gifts but I don't see them anywhere (and I could add some cabins to my delivery, no problem).

I've been looking at that, too . . . it's virtually impossible for someone not to have their cabin number by now so I'm wondering if this cabin isn't participating in the FE. Also, I thought there were a few people who joined late and were going to be added only by those who had enough FE gifts but I don't see them anywhere (and I could add some cabins to my delivery, no problem).

I noticed that, too, Julie. I wanted to make my own FE list from the list on the first page and figured that if they show up at our meet, we'll fix it from a guarantee to a room number. Not sure about the last min. folks, though.

I have heard about some people not getting a stateroom assignment until arrival at the port. Not sure how common it is. Eileen said she would have the most up to date list at the meet on Day 1 at 2:30; if that person didn't give us their room assignment before then, hopefully they will be there to give the room at that time. I don't think the "backup" list of extra rooms ever materialized, I think its just the confirmed 25 on the current list.

I have heard about some people not getting a stateroom assignment until arrival at the port. Not sure how common it is. Eileen said she would have the most up to date list at the meet on Day 1 at 2:30; if that person didn't give us their room assignment before then, hopefully they will be there to give the room at that time. I don't think the "backup" list of extra rooms ever materialized, I think its just the confirmed 25 on the current list.

Thanks Nicole. Can't wait - getting closer....... :banana:

Help me, what am I missing? I see cabin numbers for everyone on the FE and SM list on the first page.

We have one group of 25 because that is how the person in charge before me set it up. I tried to make it larger or split it into smaller groups when we got more interest, but too many people did not want to change it so I had to cut it off at the original 25 that signed up.

Sorry I have not been able to make the cheat sheet with room assignments to post ahead of time, I am currently on vacation #1 before we head out to the Med for vacation #2. (I know, I know it sounds awful.) I will bring them with me to the meet and greet and will also have extras that I will put in a labeled envelope in our fish extender, we are in room 6632.

Thanks everyone.

Help me, what am I missing? I see cabin numbers for everyone on the FE and SM list on the first page.

We have one group of 25 because that is how the person in charge before me set it up. I tried to make it larger or split it into smaller groups when we got more interest, but too many people did not want to change it so I had to cut it off at the original 25 that signed up.

Sorry I have not been able to make the cheat sheet with room assignments to post ahead of time, I am currently on vacation #1 before we head out to the Med for vacation #2. (I know, I know it sounds awful.) I will bring them with me to the meet and greet and will also have extras that I will put in a labeled envelope in our fish extender, we are in room 6632.

Thanks everyone.

OK, that's weird - when I looked about a week ago, there was an 11b GTY in the list . . . oh well! Thanks for all your work.:worship:

I keep reading in the earlier Med cruises this summer that many FEs were stolen (magnets too):confused:

I remember that on a previous cruise someone gave out some kind of plastic tie so that you could secure your FE to the fish to be sure it wasn't easy to steal. Any idea what can do this and how to get them?

I will be delivering my gifts the morning of the last sea day, so don't think I have forgotten you when it gets toward the end of the cruise and you don't have anything from me! My gift is more of a souvenir of the trip to take home than something you want or need on the cruise itself.

So excited that a week from now we will be on the ship!:cheer2:

OK, that's weird - when I looked about a week ago, there was an 11b GTY in the list . . . oh well! Thanks for all your work.:worship:
The last person, Janell, the was the 11B GTY, just updated her room today. She posted on Facebook that she did and I checked, it is updated now. So all rooms assigned and we're good to go, yay!

Regarding securing your FE, I always use a plastic zip tie. Yes, it can be cut but it is a good enough deterent. That, plus personalizing it with your family name which I also do, is about all you can do. You can get the zip ties at hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter