7th January 2007, 4 Night Wonder Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalpal said:
Im more of a sit back and watch type of person.....I think thats why I like to take pictures...Im better behind the camera :teeth:

Oh no, I'd better be on my best behaviour, especially if they will be evidence :rotfl2:

We don't usually bother with excursions, this is my time to relax in the sun (hopefully) with a Bahama Mama, and watch the world go by.

I always look forward to the shows and dressing up for dinner (not over the top mind you), and as the girls will be doing their own thing, I'm looking forward to partying with you lot

8.gif

We don't usually do excursions either but we did go to Atlantis for a couple of hours last cruise. Mainly we went just for my parent's sake. They'd never been before and had seen pictures and so wanted to go see for themselves.

We did the glassbottom boat tour once. Wasn't very thrilling at all :sad2:

We did the Atlantis Dig excursion through Disney once too but decided just to take a taxi over to Atlantis on our own this time and explore around.

WE had a really good taxi driver. He got us there quickly and in a sane manner. He gave us his card and said we could have the taxi stand guys give him a call and he would be there to pick us up again in a few minutes.

We were satisfied with his service so we did have him called and he was there within 2 minutes :eek:

I don't know if we would get off the ship next year. I guess it depends on if our friends are doing something exciting and want us to tag along :p

Hey Betsy :confused3

Are you going to design us a door sign for our cabins :smooth:

That would be cool if we could all have the same or very similar door signs to identify ourselves.

I know that you are the talented, artistic one amongst us ;)

Will anyone be in WDW before or after the cruise ? We are staying at the Pop Century, and we arrive on the 28th December. The only thing that I am definitley doing is O'hana for my birthday, I'm hoping to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, we've never been there before, but I'm really excited about it. Then hubby is hoping to go to Chef Mickey's for his birthday.

Will anyone be in WDW before or after the cruise ? We are staying at the Pop Century, and we arrive on the 28th December. The only thing that I am definitley doing is O'hana for my birthday, I'm hoping to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, we've never been there before, but I'm really excited about it. Then hubby is hoping to go to Chef Mickey's for his birthday.

:thumbsup2 Yes we are thinking of the four days befor the cruise...but that part is still up in the air right now...I think we will be staying in a mod...not sure which one yet...I have never tried CB... :confused3

I loved Ohanas before...But they have taken away the items (the tiger shrimp, and the pineapple/caramel )from the menu that were the reasons I liked it so much...So Im not planning on going there this time around(my May trip)...But we are going to do the Aloha dinner(not sure what its called)..for my sister...I hope its ok....I have read good and bad about it so its hard to judge :rolleyes:

Dalpal said:
Man The boards are acting crazy :crazy:

So what kind of excursions is everyone thinking of??... :listen:

I think Id like to see if I can come up with some horseback riding...I have always wanted to ride along the surf...Im going to have to check into it....See if I can find anything like that...

Did anyone ride the power boats? One thing I WON'T do again is let my daughter get her hair braided again! We got a tour of a questionable area before finally getting 2 salon, we were so happy to see other cruisers when we finally got there :banana:

We're going to WDW after the cruise, it was a shellshock to us to leave the cruise and return back to a normal life. I'm sure my new sealegs won't appreciate it though :sad2:

Can't wait to meet you all!!! :grouphug:

We have not made any plans for before or after our cruise yet.

I'm thinking we will be flying in and I do know that we won't be arriving on the day the ship leaves. Been there, done that, won't do it again, especially at that time of the year :rolleyes: It's much too stressful :faint:

I have read that its better to go to WDW before the cruise ..so you can get some rest from touring WDW.. before you go home...
That sounded like a good idea ...so that is probably what we will do...who knows though...I think that will still be peak wont it...(Jan.3rd?).. :confused3

I dont know if I want to pay peak prices... :rolleyes:

Dalpal said:
Man The boards are acting crazy :crazy:

So what kind of excursions is everyone thinking of??... :listen:

I think Id like to see if I can come up with some horseback riding...I have always wanted to ride along the surf...Im going to have to check into it....See if I can find anything like that...

Hey Besty, if you find somewhere for horseback riding let me know. Those commercials with horseback riding in the surf do look awfully romantic, especially with a sun setting in the background :love:

:wave2: My DD was excited to hear of people meeting b4 cruise, she is sitting here now asking me to post a "shout out to all the cool cruisers".

This will be our 1st WDW experience, with DD who will be 12 and DS who will be almost 14, which WDW park is best in your opinion? :scratchin

P. S. We r gonna have to think about a place to meet if anyone is interested! :rainbow:

L. Thornton said:
We're going to WDW after the cruise, it was a shellshock to us to leave the cruise and return back to a normal life. I'm sure my new sealegs won't appreciate it though :sad2:

Can't wait to meet you all!!! :grouphug:

I agree, on our first cruise, we flew home that day, and I have never been so depressed about leaving Florida. Now we always make sure that when we leave the ship we have at least a day before coming home. It's sad to get off the ship, but nice to know that we're off to Disney.

Hi Kelly's daughter :wave2: I hope you are excited about your trip too.

I don't mind where we meet, we all love Epcot (but any park will do), we could all meet for fish and chips in the UK pavillion, or inside the Rose & Crown for a drink, or anywhere I really don't mind

Oh dear I'm getting far too excited now, and we've got months to go :rotfl2:

Good night, and I'll 'speak' to you tomorrow

Mandy x

mandymouse said:
I agree, on our first cruise, we flew home that day, and I have never been so depressed about leaving Florida. Now we always make sure that when we leave the ship we have at least a day before coming home. It's sad to get off the ship, but nice to know that we're off to Disney.

Hi Kelly's daughter :wave2: I hope you are excited about your trip too.

I don't mind where we meet, we all love Epcot (but any park will do), we could all meet for fish and chips in the UK pavillion, or inside the Rose & Crown for a drink, or anywhere I really don't mind

Oh dear I'm getting far too excited now, and we've got months to go :rotfl2:

Good night, and I'll 'speak' to you tomorrow

Mandy x

We'll have to check out Epcot then! :goodvibes My DH says I'm getting too wound up but we have tons to do (passports, reservations for hotels, picking out clothes to wear, etc.)! He just doesn't realize, until he suprised me last night by planning our driving route and stops (now whose excited?)!

When time get closer we can all also decide if we want to meet on the DW like maybe on the 1st nite! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone :dancer:

If we are going to have a DISmeet on board let's try to plan to for a more relaxed time.

The last one I went to, I saw people for all of 5 minutes before everybody scattered to have fun. I didn't have time to figure out who everyone was and I didn't recognize them later when I came across them on the ship.

This time I would like to have a bit more time to casually get to know who everyone is. It doesn't have to be really long but more than 5 minutes would be nice.

I know it's hard because everybody is excited and there is so much to do when you first get onboard. It is really hard to find a quiet time when you are not rushing to do something.

Maybe we can have a reception that first evening AFTER disembarkment..maybe before or just after dinner?(or is there something that goes on that first night?)..If so maybe a morning meet the next day???

I wonder if they would let us use a lounge in the am...I cant think that a lounge would be busy (or even needed) in the am... :confused3

Just a few thoughts :)

The first day is Nassau, and we won't be getting off to tour, we'll probably get off to take some photos, and that will be that. The Promenade Lounge is usually pretty quiet in the morning, as there is no entertainment on. I guess it depends on those people who are getting off at Nassau. I'm happy to go with the flow :)

What seating have you arranged for dinner ? We are early seating

So far we have chose the 8:15 seating, it worked better for shore excursions l/y. I don't think we are going to do any excursions this time but it'll be hard for me to change 16 other minds to do early seating :sad2:

So everyone thinks it would be great to meet on the 2nd day? We'll have to contact DCL to see if they wouldn't mind us meeting in the Promenade Lounge! Just to warn everyone.... I'm still gonna try and track ya down the 1st day. :rolleyes1 I've kinda got a feeling where ya'll r located, don't worry I'm not gonna stalk ya :angel:

I saw another website were some cruisers all ordered those bracelets like the Lance Armstrong bracelets (green ones though) so they could find each other easy :confused3 Maybe we could start our version of the purple hat club princess: so we can tell quickly!!

The Promenade Lounge is a perfect spot for a meeting and there is no need to ask Disney first if we can use it. We just all show up, no big deal.

There are also other good places like Diversions, which never looks busy. It's in the adults only area but children are allowed there until 9pm if anybody wants/or needs to bring them along.

Other possible places could be on deck near the adult pool or Cove Cafe (adult coffee room) .

Those are just a few suggestions of places we could meet onboard.

Of course those of us that are at the terminal early can meet there too.

Mandy - the Threadkillers are all on early dining rotation and we are so far all linked together with our reservations, so we should be sitting together or near to each other. :woohoo:

Cruisin said:
The Promenade Lounge is a perfect spot for a meeting and there is no need to ask Disney first if we can use it. We just all show up, no big deal.

There are also other good places like Diversions, which never looks busy. It's in the adults only area but children are allowed there until 9pm if anybody wants/or needs to bring them along.

Other possible places could be on deck near the adult pool or Cove Cafe (adult coffee room) .

Those are just a few suggestions of places we could meet onboard.

Of course those of us that are at the terminal early can meet there too.

Mandy - the Threadkillers are all on early dining rotation and we are so far all linked together with our reservations, so we should be sitting together or near to each other. :woohoo:

Great stuff !!!

We will be at the Port for opening, last time we were there at 10am, and it wasn't open, so we'll be there for 10ish again

Oh that poor dining room !! if it has all of the T'kers in one room, other people will be begging to change rotations - LOL :lmao:

I like the idea of having something like a bracelet to identify us. I've got a couple of Mickey Mouse one's, so if we agree on a colour I can get one before we board - and I feel better with a bracelet, than a very bright lime green t-shirt :rotfl2:

Keep on planning

Mandy :)

::yes:: Great thinking everyone! Glad to get this info from experienced cruisers. So how early does the terminal open?

Mandy.. if you find the bracelets that you have anywhere online let me know! Thanks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter