8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom31b

<font color=peach>Perpetually debating the most im
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC

lastscan-2.jpg

Welcome! This is the latest incarnation for the Captain Jack's Repossession Repositioning Cruise to Port Canaveral thru The Panama Canal. This thread is largely impossible to keep up with, even for the most active poster. However, its a lot of fun with a great group of people, so jump in and say hi, even if you can't sit here reading 24/7.

In order to keep all of the relevant information in some sort of order, we have a Website that has a lot of good information on ports, packing, etc. There is a really good "virtual cruise" that takes you day by day through the cruise, a must see and guaranteed to get you even more excited for the cruise. While you are there, sign up for our mailing list using the webmaster link on the main page.

Most important information posted on this thread is cut/paste by the good people here and placed on our planning boards. This is also the place to go to sign up for any of the events you are interested, ask questions where you don't have to search through 1,000 posts to find the answer, etc.

So fasten your seat belt, keep your hands and head inside the car at all times and have fun.....

Our Website

If you aren't on our mailing list or have questions about our group, feel free to pm me

We also chat ever Friday night. If the DIS chat link above doesn't work, we will be found here

Links to navigators, kids journals, rosters, maps, etc. to be added here

Navigator Update:

If you are a task force leader, except for Peter, you should have received a PM from me this morning. Please respond ASAP to confirm the information (many of you have already - thanks!). Peter, I'll send your's tonight, the rugby info is on my other computer.

If you are planning an event and didn't receive a PM from me, and you name is not Peter, that means the event is not currently listed in the Pirate Navigator draft. Please send me the information ASAP!!!

Here is a list of activities I have so far. Please note that I did not inlcude things that will be in the regular DCL Navigator such as Mickey Mouse Club Night, Catholic Mass, etc. To keep this post from being 8 pages long, I'm only listing the day, time and title here - more details will be in the navigator. If you are a Leader, you have the details in a PM.

All Cruise:
Group Tastings (Pre-cruise sign up required)
Fish Extender Cabin Updates.
Book Exchange.
2 p.m. Ice Cream Social, Goofy’s Galley.
4 p.m. Pirate Happy Hour, Signals.

Thursday, August 14
8:15 p.m. Electrical Parade meet in Disney’s California Adventure.

Friday, August 15
nothing planned

Saturday, August 16
3:30 p.m. Downtown Disney Meet, Marceline Confectionary.
5 p.m Cocktails (6 p.m. Dinner), Port Area Dinner Meet, Doubletree Restaurant.
6 p.m. Disneyland Fantasmic DIS meet, left side Rivers of America, Disneyland (show starts 9 p.m.)

Sunday, August 17 - Embarkation
Uniform of the Day: Black pirate t-****s if ya got ‘em.
8:30 a.m. Pirate Buses
Before Boarding, Meet and Greet at the Terminal – Wherever you see matching t-****s
2 p.m. Meet and Greet – Deck 10 above Goofy’s
4 p.m. Sail Away

Monday, August 18, 2008 - Sea Day
9:30 a.m. Kids Meet and Greet/Post Card Exchange, LOCATION
11 a.m. Room Tour – Meet in the Promenade Lounge.
2 p.m. Ice Cream Social, Goofy’s Galley
3 p.m. (or later), Check allshookup’s (Diane’s) door for time/place details for the group photo to happen sometime during the next 2 weeks.
4 p.m. Pirate Happy Hour, Signals

Tuesday August 19, 2008 - Cabo San Lucas
9:30 a.m. Semi-Organized Beach Day and Boat Tour of Land’s End, Meet Promenade Lounge
Afternoon, Cabo Wabo Tequila and Fun

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - Puerto Vallarta
Pirate Zip-Lines – ARE GROUPS TRAVELING TOGETHER? MEETING TIME? LOCATION? CABIN?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 - Sea Day
9:30 a.m., Scout Patch Swap, Promenade Lounge.
2 p.m. Scrapbook Swap, Steph's cabin
3:30 p.m., Kiva and Kiva Friends Meet, Pluto’s.

Friday August 22, 2008 – Acapulco
nothing planned
Cheryl & Pamela - do you want info about your walk to the fort in here??

Saturday August 23, 2008 - Sea Day
9 a.m. PJ breakfast in Lumiere's, Atrium outside Lumier’s,
1 p.m. Mickey Ice Cream Bar Speed Eating Challenge, Location

Sunday, August 24, 2008 - Sea Day
Pirates Brunch, if you have a Palo reservation, you know about this
2 p.m. Naked Rugby Practice, Sports Deck

Monday, August 25, 2008 - Panama Canal
Uniform of the day: white t-****, wear ‘em if ya got ‘em
Verandah Open House, (cabins listed)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - Cartagena
8 a.m. Pre-Emerald Breakfast, Parrot Cay.
9:15 a.m. Mr. Emerald Tour Meet, Parrot Cay.
TIME, Hawaiian Shirt Contest, PLACE

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 – Sea Day
Nothing scheduled - maybe moove Hawaiian shirt contest here??

Thursday August 28, 2008 - Aruba
8:30 a.m. Jolly Roger’s Jolly Pirates Snorkel Adventure, meet in the Atrium if you want to travel with the group.

Friday, August 29, 2008 – Sea Day
1 – 2 p.m. Jolly Roger's Photo Scavenger Hunt, Deck 10 above Goofy’s Galley
Pirate Procession – right before dinner, time and place TBD based on rotation

Saturday, August 30, 2008 – Sea Day
Dinner Rotation, Grown Up Princesses Night

Sunday, August 31, 2008 Castaway Cay
Before 9:30 Pirate Picture by the Dutchman, CC photo spot
2 p.m. Castaway Cay Co-Ed Naked Rugby, Far end of the family Beach
2 p.m. Ice Cream Social, Cookies BBQ
4 p.m. Pirate Happy Hour, Conched Out Bar (??? is that the one on the family beach??)
Travel Scale Share (cabins listed)

Other Useful Information

And I thought I was lost with the pirate: , now this :cake: ??? - explained

If you want to post the Pirates banner in your signature or get some cool door magnet designs, they are here.

Our website has lots of information about the ports, some summarized on the thread:

Cabo San Lucas Information

Puerto Vallarta Information

Panama Canal Webcams - If you want to alert friends, family and jealous co-workers to watch for you as we cruise through the Panama Canal, let them know the official webcam location is http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html.

Tracking the Magic - Your friends, family and jealous co-workers can see where you are in our journey by checking the on-line tracking map at http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=C6PT7

Non-DCL Shore Excursions in Aruba, Puerto Vallarta and Cartagena

Currency in Mexico posts 1 2
Currency in Columbia 1 2
Currency in Aruba

Panama Canal Webcams
To see link click HERE.

Important Dates

05/04/2008 - 105 Day Excursion Window
05/19/2008 - 90 Day Excursion Window
06/03/2008 - 75 Day Excursion Window

Sunday August 17, 2008 Los Angeles - 4:00pm All aboard!
Monday August 18, 2008 At Sea
Tuesday August 19, 2008 Cabo San Lucas 9:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday August 20, 2008 Puerto Vallarta 9:30 a.m. 11:30 p.m.
Thursday August 21, 2008 At Sea
Friday August 22, 2008 Acapulco 6:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
Saturday August 23, 2008 At Sea
Sunday August 24, 2008 At Sea
Monday August 25, 2008 Panama Canal
Tuesday August 26, 2008 Cartagena 9:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday August 27, 2008 At Sea
Thursday August 28, 2008 Aruba 7:00 a.m. 11:30 p.m.
Friday August 29, 2008 At Sea
Saturday August 30, 2008 At Sea
Sunday August 31, 2008 Castaway Cay 9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
Monday September 1, 2008 Port Canaveral 7:35 a.m.

Welcome aboard the latest incarnation of this thread!
The old thread broken up
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Posts 1-2996 and 77958 - 82220
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 2 Posts 2997 - 7993
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 3 Posts 7994 - 12990
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 4 Posts 12991 - 17988
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 5 Posts 17989 - 22986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 6 Posts 22987 - 27986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 7 Posts 22987 - 32986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 8 Posts 32987 - 37986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 9 Posts 37987 - 42984
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 10 Posts 42985 - 47984
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 11 Posts 47985 - 52966
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 12 Posts 52967 - 57965
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 13 Posts 57966 - 62965
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 14 Posts 62966 - 67963
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15 Posts 67964 - 72957
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16 Posts 72958 - 77957
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 17 Posts 77958 - 82955
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC - Part 18 Posts 82956 - 83107
The new threads
#2/#19 thread 83108 - 86900
#3/#20 thread 86901 - 90515
#4/#21 thread 90516 - 94271
#5/#22 thread 94272 - 98011
#6/#23 98012 - 101754
#7/#24
#8/#25
#9/#26
#10/#27
#11/#28

There is a kids thread

blackbanner.jpg

What 'ave we ere Poppet, another Captain Jack thread.

Better subscribe pirate:

Andy

pdarrah, Thx for the pix... trying to make my FE into something creative... I am out 60% of the way there..

Tom, love the room maps... (and I know maps, I have a degree in Geography).

bellinius, what is the final FE count? Also put us as 50/50 for the meet. What time is it set for?

That map was really cool!! Wow...I can catch up easy so far in this thread!! :rotfl2:

This deserves repeating Mike. Perfect imaginge Roger but would not let me quote from old thread!!!

YouDaMan.jpg

Thanks for the list of FE by Deck!!! This will be great!!:thumbsup2 I might even have to talk to your waiter and make sure you get a whole bunch of extra lobsters!!:lmao: :lmao:

Debi...........thanks for posting the pictures of your costumes. They really turned out great!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the list of FE by Deck!!! This will be great!!:thumbsup2 I might even have to talk to your waiter and make sure you get a whole bunch of extra lobsters!!:lmao: :lmao:

Well you know I won't turn down those extra lobsters!!!!

I need to give a huge shout out to Lisa (Radioclash2) and Julie (Bellelinus).

They compiled the roster list info and the FE exchange list info. I just took their lists and combined them with the deck plan.

pdarrah, Thx for the pix... trying to make my FE into something creative... I am out 60% of the way there..

bellinius, what is the final FE count? Also put us as 50/50 for the meet. What time is it set for?

Whoops.. I meant Mike... yes mike... nice map...

we all know Tom is awesome already!

And didnt we do the Yankees meet on the same weekend last year.. while I did make it last year (after waffling) I have the same issue this year.. its my DDs b-day on the 6th and while the kids party will be on the 2nd.. we may do the family party on the 3rd...

Mike did the maps, not me :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Another incarnation of our thread -- yowza!

I am beginning a "blog" of sorts as a countdown for the cruise. (As if I need any more reason to get excited!)

Any viewers/critiquers, you can visit at http://www.dvcdisneyandme.com/blog

It was great meeting everyone. got2travel (Monica), grandma x3 (Chris), luvmy3boys (Penny) and DS, magicgg (Genny) & DH and captincrash & family. I am excited to actually know some people before I get on the ship

I just wanted to thank:
- Monica for organizing and taking my box of wine (10 bottles) down to LA for me (nice to save a little on the alcohol budget for the cruise).
- Genny for the cute gifts.
- Tom for the wine.

See you all again in 28 days!

Well you know I won't turn down those extra lobsters!!!!

I need to give a huge shout out to Lisa (Radiosclash2) and Julie (Bellelinus).

They compiled the roster list info and the FE exchange list info. I just took their lists and combined them with the deck plan.

Yeah - Team Work! :banana:

Mike's awesome map for those who didn't see it

DCLDeck2Roster-FEList.jpg

Whoops.. I meant Mike... yes mike... nice map...

we all know Tom is awesome already!

And didnt we do the Yankees meet on the same weekend last year.. while I did make it last year (after waffling) I have the same issue this year.. its my DDs b-day on the 6th and while the kids party will be on the 2nd.. we may do the family party on the 3rd...

My son's B-day is the 6th too! I think we're having his party on the 3rd. There's a chance that we may have it on the 2nd, in which case we would probably make the trip. Guess we need to decide pretty darn soon.

Few things from the old thread

m&m's mom said:
Oh yeah- DH got the email that the Vista Print 100 post card "free" option was still going on. Add that to my long list of projects.

Can you please send me the link? When I go to VistaPrint, it's only showing a 50% discount, not FREE. I should have ordered last week when it was free for me, now I'm holding off until they are free again. However I can't hold off too long because of shipping time.

A Litle Pixie Dust said:
Along Harbor and across from the entrance of DL are restaurants mingled within the hotels. I know there is a Denny's and a McDonalds. There is also something called Capt. Kidd's Buffet ..website: http://www.captainkidds.com/

AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS - It is horrible, but they keep drawing people in because they stand outside and give you coupons. There's plenty of other places right next door, stay away from Captain Kidds

Mike - the FE map looks great. Thanks to you, Julie and Lisa for all the hard work.

Swimsuits - right now I only have 1, been looking for a 2nd but just can't find anything that looks decent at a decent price. Then again, last year I only had 1 suit and only wore it once when I went snorkeling on CC. I'm just not a pool person so I won't have to worry about putting on a wet suit.

Can someone please kick me into gear?? I swear my planning is going as if I still have 20 months to do it....well maybe I'm moving at the 10 month pace, but definitely not as if it were next month. I have no clue what I want for door signs, and every time I sit down to work on it, I end up spending time just creating clip art (like the swinging Mickey yesterday). I go shopping for the odds and ends we need, then don't buy because I don't want to spend money. Start on spreadsheeps, but then remember I have to clean up my hard drive so I can send my computer in to HP. So, nothing gets done....wonder if I may have adult ADD??? Can't seem to keep focused on 1 task. [/LEFT]

MIKE fantastic job on the deck map, thanks to Julie and Lisa too!

Debi thanks for reposting the pics of your pirate costumes, you are very talented and the two of you will look awesome :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter