8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioclash2

I’m all lost in the supermarket
Toast1.jpg
???

Add a drink to my toast hand & it's spot on.

Thanks for the photo organizing thoughts. For you Mac users, I have heard very good things about iPhoto - but like Crash, I'm not going to switch to Mac just to handle my photographs. We already have 4 computers in the house - 5 when DH brings his laptop home from work - for only 3 people! (maybe the cats use a couple??? :rotfl2: )

I do subfolders in My Photos first by year, then by topic so:

Disney Cruise
Kids Birthdays
Christmas
Cute Pix (the "misc" category)
Disney and Seaworld
Kids Birthdays
Easter family

and so forth

When I crop/edit, I always save as a different name

This is similar to my current setup - I have year folders like you, but within each year I have months. If needed I then have topic subfolders under those. I use a different name for edited files or sometimes put them in a separate "edits" folder under the topic if there are alot of them. It has served me well, but I have photos since 1999 and it is just getting harder and harder to find what I want. I also plan to start a large project scanning our "old" photos - anything prior to 1999- and some of those are going to be difficult to fit into the current system since I may not have an exact month or year (I'm sure there are going to some where we say, "well that was when we were in college so it must be the mid-80's sometime!")

Crash - thanks for all the thoughts on storage! I currently keep all photos on 2 computers and an external hard drive. The 2 computers are at separate locations about 10 miles apart (home and office). It is pretty unlikely that all copies could be destroyed simultaneously (and if they were it would have to be catastrophic and I probably wouldn't be around to care...)

My entire set of photos is only about 12 GB. My current camera only shoots JPG and even at best quality the files only range from 1-2MB each. My earlier camera didn't even do that - one of my first digitals only created 400-500KB files!

Pamela (pdarrah)

HanginThereMP.jpg

Sara... (if I am correct)...

You've got just 2 hours to go if you're on a 5PM quitting time thing. Hang in there! Let Dilbert be your wellspring of inspiration for the end of the week theme!

dilbert.jpg

Except that I actually did what needed to be done today & still had time to spare (reason #30701 that I want to change jobs). And I actually don't have that much time to go - I get to release the troops early today. We go home @ 4:00PM. I pick up the munchkin, finish up packing, go to the airport, and head out to Seattle.

Well, it doesn't even *start* in your neck of the woods until 9:00pm... The only reason I make it is that people are still up at 9:00 pacific time after I've put DD to bed.

Yep, I used to get ready to go out at 9:00 pm, now I get ready for bed.

Things in the burbs are great.
I think we're done with the hazy, hot & humid

heat.gif

We're having sweltering heat here in SOCal... 106 degrees currently just off the peak of the day at 107 plus we have some humidity too. The A/C is obviously straining here - and we are about to step out to visit the library and maybe ???? somewhere else. Later today we have an AYSO soccor practice that I think will be poorly attended. With any luck - I am gonna get to Fry's electronics tonight to pick up some minor stuff.

TTFN! I may join CHAT later in the evening - unless something significant changes in our schedule.

jgrn638l.jpg

All right, I could paper the house in the time it takes to post. Vvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy sssssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwww

Seattle's supposed to have Highs in the mid 70's all weekend :goodvibes

Except that I actually did what needed to be done today & still had time to spare (reason #30701 that I want to change jobs). And I actually don't have that much time to go - I get to release the troops early today. We go home @ 4:00PM. I pick up the munchkin, finish up packing, go to the airport, and head out to Seattle.

Well... then have a safe and pleasant flight this afternoon! Be careful of the heat that it doesn't melt your wax wings!

daedalus-icarus-flight.gif

Well... then have a safe and pleasant flight this afternoon! Be careful of the heat that it doesn't melt your wax wings!

Ummm... Tom....

I'm pretty sure that they make airplanes out of aluminum nowadays. ;)

I am hoping for a simple uneventful flight, since (for reasons best not gone into) DH is flying out right about now from a different airport, so it's just me & the sprout. We don't leave until 7:30, so she should be pretty tired by the time we arrive in Seattle. BUT, she likes travel, so I have high hopes that we'll be fine.

I think the problem is more that if they did that, some bozo would get hurt on a toy that hadn't been 100% perfect because it was 'used' and would sue Disney. The downside of the culture of victimhood...:rolleyes1

Well...

... like so amny other things it's probably just a pile of trsh for them. I don't know of anyone who recycles sand toys - but you would think all that vinyl or plastic could be recycled somewhere - maybe?

CC Sept 2006 -- kids ages 23dd, 8ds & 5dd. 26 ds, dh & 15dd were off snorkeling or something else teh entire day. 23dd went off to be with her dad and older brother after a hour or so... Luckily our tablemates (a family I met on the Dis) were down at that end so that I had adults to talk to! LOL! I really hate the sand (and the ocean) so, I usually spend most of the day under an umbrella and only come down to the shore to do *mommy* stuff. :rotfl: :rotfl:

IMG_1588.jpg

We couldn't figure out why this woman chose that spot to be in the ocean. There was nobody even close to us! LOL! ANd yet while I was taking pictures of my family she plops down between us and the ocean.... a few minute later she was joined by 3 other adult women... I couldn't figure out why they didn't go to the adult beach.... 2 of them spent most of the time with their tops undone in the back and on floats right next to me and the kids.... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

Ummm... Tom....

I'm pretty sure that they make airplanes out of aluminum nowadays. ;)

I am hoping for a simple uneventful flight, since (for reasons best not gone into) DH is flying out right about now from a different airport, so it's just me & the sprout. We don't leave until 7:30, so she should be pretty tired by the time we arrive in Seattle. BUT, she likes travel, so I have high hopes that we'll be fine.

imagination.gif

Umm.. Sara ... I was just exercising the "imagination" thing... and siezing upon a convenient image I found! :goodvibes

Anyways - I'dlike to bid you safe travels again. Gotta go now...

Umm.. Sara ... I was just exercising the "imagination" thing... and siezing upon a convenient image I found! :goodvibes

Anyways - I'd like to bid you safe travels again. Gotta go now...

Sorry, the internet doesn't convey emotion as well as speach... I was *trying* to play back & tease you a little. It sounds like I failed. I'm sorry if that is the case.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll 'see' you all when we get back.

This is our first cruise. My little one waited all day for that hammock

100_0186.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter