89 points in holding. What are my options?

OK. Good for y'all. But please explain to me what the penalty is aside from they cannot be banked. There is supposed to be a penalty associated with the points once that <30 day reservation is canceled. Maybe the online system is broken. Big surprise. Well good for us until it's fixed, if it ever is, I guess.

The question on the table was is it allowed and the answer is that it is not by rule.
You are absolutely right, it shouldn't be this way.
It is a bug of the online system and it works, until it doesn't. It might get fixed at any time and without any notice, so I warn anyone of being too relaxed about having point on holding because of this bug. But until it works, I cannot blame people for using it.

We do. Two studios at grand Floridian in June. Each 8 nights. So I can modify those reservations and use the in holding points?
Yep I just did this and have done it many times. When you are inside of 60 days simply modify the reservation by selecting the same resort and date and the system will pick up the holding points first.

You are absolutely right, it shouldn't be this way.
It is a bug of the online system and it works, until it doesn't. It might get fixed at any time and without any notice, so I warn anyone of being too relaxed about having point on holding because of this bug. But until it works, I cannot blame people for using it.
With this I agree...I would never purposely get myself into a holding point postion. I will say that the few times I have done it, most often, there was at least one night of my room available, and I am sure that helped.

But the latest one? It did not and it still worked for the one night.

I chatted member services and they said the points can’t be reallocated to a reservation already booked. Points in holding can only be used for new reservations.
Don’t listen to them. Crappy disney IT is on your side here. Within 60 days go into your reservation and modify yourself, as if you are changing dates. Then go through the motions of booking. When you get to contracts, make sure all are checked that you want to use. The computer will pull the holding points first for your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter