9/29 - 10/2 Wonderful Free Dining (review)

chrisb71

Earning My Ears
Okay, here goes my first attempt at any sort of review. Our group consisted of two adults and our daughters (ages 5 & 7)

Day One:
Arrived at the Poly in time for lunch at Captain Cooks. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Thought it was very good. It came with cole slaw on it on a pineapple bread. Friend ordered the turkey sandwich on multigrain. Again very good. Each sandwich came with a mix of colored tortilla chips and sweet potato chips (yum!). The two girls got the kids meal grilled cheese with grapes. We paid OOP for this lunch since we weren't sure how we were going to use our credits!
Dinner:
Headed over to MK for a quick dinner at Pecos Bills before MNSSHP. Both myself and friend ordered the chicken wrap. This sandwich was HUGE and was great. Came with fries, drink and dessert. I believe all Pecos Bills has for dessert is peanut butter brownie. Was okay. The two girls split a cheeseburger with fries. We used three CS credits for dinner.
Snack:
Used two snack credits for popcorn during the Boo to You Parade!

Day Two:
Breakfast:
Paid OOP for two muffins, two bananas and two juice boxes from the quick coffee/muffin place (forgot the name, sorry!) right by the Kona Cafe in the Poly. I had the banana nut (macademia nut) muffin and it was very good.
Lunch:
Pinocchio Village Haus. I had the chicken strips with fries which I thought the chicken was excellent and hot! My daughter had the mac 'n cheese with grapes. Okay, but she thought it was overly cheesy (go figure from a 5 yr. old) :confused3 My friend and her daughter shared the cheese pizza meal. All came with drinks and Mickey rice krispy treats for dessert (so began my obession with Mickey rice krispy heads!!) :worship: Used three CS credits.
Dinner:
Chef Mickey's. Great buffett. The girls had mac 'n cheese (better this time!), fruit, rolls and make it yourself sundaes. The adults had: salads, rosemary chicken, penne pasta with garlic cream sauce and spinach, parm. mashed potatoes & rolls. For dessert we tried: banana caramel bread pudding (yum), mini key lime tarts, mousse on oreo cookies (just okay) and cookies. Used 4 TS credits. Overall I really liked Chef Mickeys. The charaters were great. Donald Duck spent quite a few minutes with us while we were waiting for our table.
Snack:
Four ice creams while watching Wishes!!

Day Three
Breakast:
Princess storybook dining at Akershus. Good breakfast! It is served family style starting with these awesome cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit and your choice of beverage. Then the hot food was: scrambled eggs (which were excellent), bacon, suasage links biscuits and very yummy cheesy potatos. The Princesses were good, spent just enough time without leaving too quickly. Used 4 TS credits.
Lunch:
Back to Captain Cooks. I had a very yummy chicken caesar salad. Croutons on top were like torilla strips. My friend had the turkey sand. (notice a trend here! :) and the girls had grilled cheese kids meals with grapes and juice boxes. All came with drinks and Mickey bars for dessert!! We used 4 TS credits in place of CS credits. (by doing this Disney gave us a coupon for a free lanyard and pin!)
Dinner:
Back to Pinocchio's. You got to stick with what you like with a 5 and 7 yr. old! More chicken strips and pizza meals. Also, my daughter got a PB&J which she devoured! All came with drinks and more Mickey bars!! We used 3 CS credits.
Snack:
4 popcorns

Day Four (last day)
Skipped breakfast in favor of quick shopping. Had an early lunch at Captain Cooks before our Magical Express pickup of 12:15! Once again we had turkey sand., chicken caesar salad, grilled cheeses and Mickey bars. I know we are boring :blush: , but we liked the food there and it was convenient. We only stayed for three nights so it was very easy to grab something at Captain Cooks and eat while the girls enjoyed the pool. Used last three CS and paid OOP for one kids meal (only 4.99!)

Overall, I would use the dining plan again. However, for a short trip like ours you really have to plan your TS credits carefully so you don't spend a ton of time at a long sit-down meal. That's why we opted to use our TS credits as CS credits the last day, so we wouldn't waste a lot of time at a sit-down restaurant.

Thanks for the reviews! We are going to Chef Mickey's in 2 1/2 weeks and I can't wait! :banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for your review. We love Chef Mickey's and it is our favorite. Glad that you enjoyed it. Did you try the chocolate milkshake at Pinocchio's? It was so YUMMY!. Our last day we even got the milkshake as snack credit. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter