Disney's Avonlea

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
In the 80's-90's Disney Channel used to have the delightful series Avonlea and I remember when I had finished a book report on Anne Of Green Gables it inspired me to watch the Avonlea series on Disney Channel and to me the series was wonderful and captured the book series of L.M. Montgomery well. I understand this show was originally a Canadian show that Disney Channel got the rights to show it in America and Disney also released the film Anne Of Avonlea along with the Anne Of Green Gables film. If Disney could add Avonlea to Disney+ it would be so wonderful and why it got cancelled is beyond me because it was one of Disney Channel's original popular series in the early days of Disney Channel
Did you enjoy Disney's Avonlea?

Why was Avonlea cancelled? The show was wonderful and followed the L.M. Montgomery book series well and I can never figure out why Disney Channel never showed another wonderful series like Avonlea and Disney should make delightful shows that the whole family can watch like Avonlea to be shown on Disney Channel again. I also know that Disney released episodes of Avonlea on video in a series called Tales From Avonlea and a book series called Road To Avonlea followed as well. Did Disney release the Anne Of Green Gables and Anne Of Avonlea videos together after Avonlea's debut?

I first saw Anne of Green Gables on PBS, years before Avonlea. It was probably a CBC/PBS collab for airing in the US.

Like other Disney series, Avolnea probably ran its course. There was the 65 episode cap, but it could just be that the characters were aging into adulthood. They started as young tweens/teens, and therefore you can only run for so long before you age out. Plus the audience changes, as does their taste in programming. Or viewership numbers decline over time.
**I looked it up, it ran for 7 seasons and over 90 episodes It definitely ran its course.

While I enjoyed it, and we watched it as a family, I do not see my own kids watching it. This is not something that they would watch on their own. Tastes have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter