9 days of TS reviews, lots of food!

brutus

<font color=blue>WL Vet
Hello! We had a great time. We stayed at the Beach Club Villas. Wow, we have always been a WL family, but the pool and how close to EPCOT made us into a BC/WL family!

To start, we have me – 40, will eat anything and lots of it, DW – 35, same, but can’t eat as much, DS-9/10 (b-day at Disney) no kid food for him, steaks, sushi, adult food only. DD – 5, mac-n-cheese girl.

Friday, June 16 – Saturday, June 24th, also, we were on the DDP

A few notes: There is no question we saved money on the DDP, we ate way more than we normally would have, but saved money. Also, my DS was on the kids plan. I know I said he only eats adult type food, but most restaurants had kid’s steaks and smaller versions of adult food. He can’t eat an entire adult meal. Also, since he was 9 at the time of our arrival, Disney classified him as a kid…next year is another story.

On to the reviews:

Coral Reef – Dinner, 6/16:
Starters: 2 shrimp cocktails & 2 lobster bisques – We all shared
Main: DS-kids steak, DD-pizza, DW-crab cakes, Me-grilled mahi mahi
Dessert: kids-make your own sundae, DW-California gold, Me-brulee

I can’t believe this is NOT a signature restaurant. This was a great meal. I remember the bill they showed us was $180.00! Kids order off the adult appetizer menu. The bisque was outstanding; I would recommend that to all, it was excellent. Crab cakes were good, mahi mahi was also very good. DW had the right pick with the “California Gold” dessert. Overall, this was one of the best meals of the week. Only complaint would be the server was difficult to find at times.

Le Cellier – Dinner 6/17:
Starters: 3 cheese soups, DW-Caesar salad
Main: DS & DD-kids steak, DW-filet, Me-mushroom filet
Dessert: DD-s’mores, DS-moose, DW-Sorbet, Me-chocolate whiskey cake

Another outstanding meal, server was very good (sorry, I don’t remember names), I loved the cheese soup, and mushroom filet, but the chocolate whiskey cake was a work of art, outstanding. Chocolate moose was another great pick. Dessert was shaped like a moose, very clever.

Beaches & Cream – Dinner 6/18:
Starters: Onion rings & ice cream sodas – shared
Main: DD-Grilled Cheese, DS-Mini-Burgers, DW-Burger, Me-Chili Dog
Desserts: DS-orange sherbet w/ pineapple topping (I told you he was on odd eater), DD-vanilla w/ butterscotch, DW-No Way Jose, Me-Fudge Mud Slide

Ice cream is deadly here, I would have tipped the server a $100 to wheel-barrel me back to our villa. Chili dog was good, onion rings were very good. The ice cream over powers everything else. I would come back here but just for the ice cream.

Yachtsman Steakhouse – Dinner 6/19:
Starters: DS/DD- Chicken Noodle Soup, DW-Caesar, Me-Tomato Salad
Main: DD-Kid strip, DS-Prime Rib, DW-Rib-Eye, Me-NY Strip
Desserts: Kids-Mickey’s dessert puzzle, DW-Key Lime Pie, Me-Jack Daniels Mousse Cake

This meal was excellent, server was outstanding, and I would put this place a tick ahead of Coral Reef. Starters were better at CR but main dish, dessert and server was better at YSH. If you like chocolate, you should order the mousse cake.

San Angel Inn – Mexico – Dinner 6/20:
Starters: Nachos & Salad – no appetizers for kids! :confused3
Main: DD-Chicken Strips, DS-Burrito, DW-Mole Poblano, Me-Puentas De Filete
Desserts: Kids-ice cream, DW &Me-bread pudding

This was our first (and only) disappointing meal. We normally like this place but several things went wrong. 1st the server was in a GIANT hurry. Also, here the smoothies were not included in the DDP but at Le Cellier they were??? No kids appetizers here either…why??? :confused3 The desserts were very limited also. The nachos were ok, but not as good as the local Mexican restaurant down the street from my house. The main dishes were ok, but not great. Dessert tasted bad. Not sure we will come back here next time, we may wait a few trips.

Cape May Character B/fast – 6/21:
Buffet: All the standard b’fast food. They also had a very nice yogurt bar.

Standard breakfast buffet, but we come here for the kids to interact with the characters. Minnie came by twice. Goofy was awesome! He sat down at the table and had a “kick fight” with my son, hugged and cut up with us for awhile. Also, Dale came by. Nice job, kids loved it.

Mama Melrose’s – Fantasmic Dinner Package – 6/22:
Starters: Family style salad & 4 cheese flat pizza
Main: DD-Spaghetti, DS – Pep pizza, DW-Chicken Parmigiana, Me-Spicy Sausage
Desserts: Kids-Chocolate Gelato, DW-Coffee Tartufo, Me-Chocolate Truffle Cake

We had been here years ago and didn’t like it, we tried it again and had a very nice meal. It certainly wasn’t Yachtsman but it was very good. Salad was fresh and crisp, 4 cheese pizza was very good, my sausage was excellent, kids cleaned their plates, and my wife loved the chicken. Desserts were also very good. We will come back to this one again.

‘Ohana – Dinner 6/23:
All the standards :thumbsup2

This was/is and always will be one of my favorites. I love the poly resort. The food was outstanding and more than anyone could ever dream of eating. I loved the red (don’t remember the name) dipping sauce. DW loved the peanut sauce. My son ate an entire bowl of the peel-n-eat shrimp. DD even liked the wings. The meat I would rank; 1-pork, 2-steak, 3-turkey, 4-sausage. Pork was so good and juicy. Then came the dessert……. excellent. Kids had a blast with the games. This is still one of the best places to eat in all of Disney in my opinion.

Boma – Dinner 6/24:
All you can eat

We had been here once before and loved it again. I love trying little samples of everything then going back for bigger portions of the stuff I loved. I can’t remember all the names but the prime rib was excellent and the sauces for the prime rib were very good. We all loved the couscous, my DW loved the carrot & ginger soup. This was a great way to end our Disney experience.

We had everyone from our family rate their favorites from the meals. Here is what we had:
DD – 5
Starters: Onion rings from B&C
Main: Steak from Le Cellier
Dessert: Puzzle & paints from Yachtsman
Favorite meal: Yachtsman

DS – 9/10
Starters: Lobster Bisque from Coral Reef
Main: Steak from Yachtsman
Dessert: Chocolate “moose” from Le Cellier
Favorite meal: ‘Ohana

DW
Starters: Carrot & Ginger soup from Boma
Main: Crab cakes from Coral Reef
Dessert: California Gold from Coral Reef
Favorite meal: Boma

Me
Starters: Lobster Bisque from Coral Reef
Main: NY Strip from Yachtsman
Dessert: Bread pudding with sauce from ‘Ohana
Favorite Meal: ‘Ohana

Very well done (I see you ARE a veteran). Thank you.... reviews such as this help us tremendously, as we approach our first trip to the World.

Thanks for the reviews! We love Ohana and Boma too. Definately 2 of my favourites, though the more I try, the harder it gets to narrow it down! :)

Beth :wave2:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great reviews...sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time. I wanted to know how you would compare Le Cellier to Yachtmans? You compared Yachtmans to CR but I wanted to know how you would compare it to LC.

Loralie

Thanks for the reviews. Our friends are insisting on San Angel this up-coming trip. Wish I could talk them out of it--

loralie said:
Great reviews...sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time. I wanted to know how you would compare Le Cellier to Yachtmans? You compared Yachtmans to CR but I wanted to know how you would compare it to LC.

Loralie

They have a lot in common actually. I don't think you would go wrong with either. If I rated them on a scale of 1 - 10 I would give:

YSH - 9.5
LeC - 8

The feel of YSH is just a little nicer. LeC is very crowded and the tables are tight. YSH has the feel of a very fine Steakhouse (which it is) in a relaxed setting. I would also say the steaks are better at Yachtsman.

Both are good, but Yachtsman is just a little better.

I like how you had each family member rate their favorites - that really helps those who wonder how their (SIL, DD, DS, etc) might feel about certain restaurants or items.

Thanks for your reviews. They were very helpful. Your family and mine have much in common. I have a DD age 9 who has tastes more sophisticated than the children's menu but certainly does not have the appetite to complete an adult sized meal (she weighs only 52 pounds). I also have a DD age 5 who is the mac and cheese queen.

We are choosing to eat many buffets so my 9 year old can get adult foods, portioned to her appetite but we also are going to Le Celier where she can get a small steak and Artisit's Point for Thanksgiving dinner where she can order the same selections as the adults (which for her will be their signature salmon- her favorite food. i can't wait to try a bite of hers b/c I just can't give up the traditional turkey meal).

We are also eating at the Flying Fish upon arrival but she was rather disappointed by their kid's menu so we may pay out of pocket for her or ask about sharing an adult meal with her sister. Any thoughts, anyone?

I would give Coral Reef a try also based on what you said. The kids get adult appetizers and there were also several specials not listed on the kids menu.

We went to FF last trip and DS & DW shared, it was plenty.

AP is our favorite but we just didn't get there this time. My DS also loves the salmon.

Have fun.

I really enjoyed reading your reviews. They were organized so well. Clear and concise, while still giving great info. I really liked that everyone had their picks too. I hope you don't mind if I copy your format when I do our reviews?? If that time will ever come..... :) Kind of like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid!

PureTcrazy said:
I hope you don't mind if I copy your format when I do our reviews?? If that time will ever come..... :) Kind of like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid!

You can use anything you want. You can even take credit for it if you want :goodvibes

Are all those people in your tag line going on your upcoming trip??? If so, wow, you should have a blast. I can't wait to hear about your trip! We were just talking about how before the trip it seems like time stands still almost, then you blink your eyes and you are done.... Enjoy it while you are there!

Thank you for the great reviews! I love your "format" because it's so easy to read and see what everyone ate. I'll try to remember that when I post my reviews. I also love that you had everyone rate their favorites. What fun! I feel better about the Coral Reef now. I let each of my DDs choose a restaurant and DD12 chose Coral Reef. Can't wait, now! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter