9 year old an 2 year old turning 3 at Disney

Whitaker24

Mouseketeer
Planning nov 7-11 what should we know about those dates ? Any hints ect. Last traveled to disney in 2009.

What a great time to go - the parks will be decorating for Christmas. I would check the park calendar, but from what I can remember you should be nearing the end of Food & Wine at Epcot. You might want to steer clear of Epcot on weekend evenings as it gets very crowded for Food & Wine.

You might be able to get in on the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. I'm almost certain you will be there for the first night the castle Christmas lights (Cinderella's Dream Lights I think it is called) are lit. There is a special ceremony the first night I believe. We were there until November 5th last year and I heard it happened on the 6th. You might also be able to see the Osborne family lights at DHS.

As I said we left on November 5th and were at the Grand Floridian Villas and they were putting up the gingerbread house in the lobby that day. The gingerbread houses at the resorts are supposed to be pretty neat.

That might also be Jersey Week (many New Jersey schools are on break for a teacher's convention). We were there last year for the beginning of Jersey Week and I didn't really notice it increased the crowds, but some people swear it does.

November 8th is also the RunDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. That might also affect crowds.

Hope that helps!

We will be there overlapping days, Nov 6-12. It will be my DS's (2 years 11months) first trip. We plan on spending a lot of time in MK. The new fantasyland was not open the last time we visited in 2011.

I don't know how it effects crowds in the parks, but the Wine and Dine half marathon is the night of Nov 8. If you are staying at an Epcot resort there may be extra noise and crowds in the area.

PSA: That indeed is Jersey Week. :)

Every year the first week in November, the New Jersey Education Association holds a 2-day convention Thursday and Friday. Schools are closed. This year, the convention falls on November 6-7, 2014.

Often, elementary schools (and sometimes middle schools) will have half-days the Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday of that same week for afternoon parent-teacher conferences. Hence, it's really the perfect time to hit the World without Christmas or Spring Break crowds or sweltering summer heat, while missing the least amount of school posssible.

Personally, we've never gone to WDW during Jersey Week, but now that DS1 is in middle school, our next trip will likely be during that surge of my people! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter