9a Dames point bridge

From Wikipedia the total length is 10646 ft and the clearance below is 160 ft, so the grade would be approximately 160/(10646/2)= .03 or 3%. Does that sound right?

Anyone know the incline grade of the bridge?

I know it be tall and my eyes are closed or directed inside the RV while my hubby drives.

He always gets the Florida line south part of the trip for this reason. I get the SC/GA part.

:woohoo:

The total length is 10,646 Feet, and the longest span is 1300 feet and rises by 175 feet. If the peak is roughly midway that's 175 / 650 = 3.714% grade.

• Structure ID: NBI 720518
• City: Jacksonville
• State: Florida
• Carries: FL-9A (Future I-295)
• Crosses: Saint John's River
• Date Opened: March, 1989
• Total Length: 10,646 Feet
• Longest Span: 1,300 Feet
• Tower Height: 471 Feet
• Deck Width: 106 Feet
• Number Of Lanes: 6
• Number Of Spans: 1
• Height Above Water: 175 Feet
• Traffic Count: 52,860 (2002)

I know it be tall and my eyes are closed or directed inside the RV while my hubby drives.
. . .

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know exactly what you mean. I can't look out when we go over tall bridges much less drive over them. This bridge wasn't too bad because it's so wide you can ride in the middle lane and not be close to the edge. Also there are no metal grates to drive over like on drawbridges so that helps. They scare the ba-gee-bees out of me.:scared1::scared1:

He always gets the Florida line south part of the trip for this reason. I get the SC/GA part.

So the Cumberland Parkway in Pennsylvania would be out of the question?;)

I don't like roads with no guardrails above treeline. Joyce in Texas got me to go up Pike's Peak with her. NEVER AGAIN!!! No trees, no shoulder, no guardrails, hairpin curves and a mile straight down. Enough to make a person throw up! :eek:

We have drove over it several time. I am pulling my TT to Pigeon forge in March. Leaving SC into NC on I-26 the first grade is 3% for a few miles. I was just seeing if the bridge was close so I would have an Idea. The bridge is the steepest grade I have pulled on.

Hey, having pulled that route numerous times as well be prepared for the pull into NC to be more taxing on your tow-vehicle. It's really strange, but that 3% grade comes up subtly and the next thing you know you are struggling to keep moving without downshifting and that 3 miles goes on and on and on. You will make it fine, I just don't want you to be surprised when you get there and don't be ashamed to have to slow down to 45mph or so.

All depends on whether that is an African Swallow, or European.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter