A Big Doubt regarding Resort discount for CM

Josemig21

Earning My Ears
Hello friends, I only have 2 weeks like a CM at WDW. Everybody says that the regular discount for CMs is about 50% at any Hotel or Resort. Just trying to book thru the HUB I tried to get a room price in the Contemporary Resort and the final result was 411 per night. But when I tried to book thru Disney page as a regular guest, the final price was 419 for the same room. My question is...Where is the 50% off? I do not understand this. Thanks!

A CM discount isn't always available. Various resorts have discounts at different times. You have to go onto the Hub and see what's available for your dates. And even then the discounts will vary. I believe it's a larger discount if the CM is staying in the room vs the CM just booking the room for someone else but not staying there.

There's also usually a limited block that discounts apply to, and that probably applies to CM rooms as well. For instance, suppose they allocate 100 rooms a day at the contemporary for CM and AP discounts. Once 100 rooms are booked with the discounted rate, the rest are at full price. If someone cancels one of those (which does happen rather frequently), it may suddenly reappear. Also, typically if you're booking (for example) a 5-night stay, ALL 5 NIGHTS must be available at the discount. If the discount isn't available for even one day, the entire stay will not be available at the discounted rate. Just keep searching and be flexible with your dates.

Usually 40-50% off if the CM stays with the guests (but then you might also incur the extra adult fee for the room if there are already two guests who are 18 or older on the reservation). Less for CM not on the reservation. You just need to find something on the Hub that meets your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter