A Bird's Eye View of London and Paris March 2012 TR NEW! The END 1/12 p35

Mndisneygirl

DIS Veteran
Hi and :welcome:
Or should I say "Bienvenue"!

Some of you came over from my PTR, so you know all about me and my family. For the rest of you:
I’m Sheree. I have a fabulous (read: Disney-loving!) family! My DH, Dave introduced me to Walt Disney World in 1998. I had been to Disneyland twice as a child, but never set foot in Florida before that. He had lived in FL for a while as a child back when Magic Kingdom was the only park there. We have been back to WDW 10 times together, 8 times with our children, Sarah (11) and Paige (9).
Dreamformalnight.jpg

This is us last March on the Dream. Sarah's on the left, Paige on the right.

I’ve been to Europe once before – back in 1995 I went to Scotland and England. None of the rest of my family had been to Europe, so this was a huge adventure!!

Here’s the short version of the story of how our Disneyland Paris trip came to be: (Go check out the PTR linked below for the long version!)
My dear friend Jenny, whom I’ve known since 4th grade, was going to move to London, England for 3 years with her husband’s job. We wanted to go and see London, and we’d have free accommodations just outside the city. We thought about going in summer 2011, but airfare was just outrageous. I took on a second job as a Pampered Chef consultant to try to earn some extra $$ to help pay for it. We decided to go during spring break in March 2012, and found decent airfare if we stopped in Philadelphia on the way. Since London and Paris are a mere train ride apart, we thought, “hey why not?” It was DH’s idea to add on Disneyland, and then to decide to stay at DLP too! I think it was easier on us to stay at a place we felt we’d be comfortable since neither of us really knows any French!
I had heard about the DIS Unplugged team going on an Adventures by Disney trip - the City of Knights and Lights tour to London and Paris, and I would have loved to take that trip with them. But, being a lowly government employee, that was way out of our budget. So we fashioned our own tour of the City of Knights and the City of Lights!!

So the plans were eventually set:
Fly to London on February 29, arrive March 1.
Stay in London until March 4, take the train through the chunnel to Paris and stay at DLP until March 9 (Sarah’s 11th birthday) and take the train back to London to stay with our friends until March 15 and head home!

We booked air, DLP Hotel NY, train tickets and we were set!!
1_disneys_new_york_hotel_logo.jpg

I know this is a Disney board, but we will be taking you to London too on this trip! I have a ton of pictures, and a lot of stories to share! I hope you’ll join me as I relive this wonderful, adventure!!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing pictures of places I have never seen! :woohoo:

So glad you've started this, I've been looking forward to it popcorn::

We visited London prior to our DLP trip in 2010 and I added it to the TR. I love re-reading it now, it brings back lots of happy memoires. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to be reading this TR and I am going to do my very best to keep up. :rotfl2: I'm counting on tons of tips and advice so I can start planning my European getaway! :thumbsup2

Subscribing! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on England and then your trip to Disneyland Paris.. I've still never been there, even though it's the closest Disney park to me :cutie:

Emma princess: x

Thanks for the pm. Haven't been on the boards since Friday. I know - :faint:, so I plan to do some serious catching up today. Can't wait to read all about this fantastic trip! :cool1:

Looking forward to your TR.

I'm alway interested to hear how people like my home-town!

Although I'm more excited for the DLRP bit as we're staying in the HNY next month. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter