"A Christmas Story" FANS - Find Haven Here!

Okay... it's totally, beyond politically incorrect, but!

"Not Fa-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra!!! Fa-La-La-La-La!!!"

My husband and I can completely dissolve each other with that line!

A local Chinese restaurant puts that up on their sign every Christmas! :rotfl: :rotfl2: (Before the PC police come after me, they are a real Chinese family and the NICEST people ever! I went to high school with their daughter.)

Another fan here!! I love the Bumpes's dogs - especially when one gets its ear stuck in the door. :rotfl: :rotfl:

A part that always makes me tear up though is when with his dad's direction Ralphie finds his final gift; just the look of love on the old man's face for his son is priceless. He goes thru the whole movie being pretty oblivious to his kids & what's going on with them; yet he knows exactly what Ralphie wants & gets it for him.

It...was...the...SOAP....wooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee

An FYI for everyone here, Sears is selling both Ralphies house and the Bumpass house, and other Stores, plus ornaments of the Bunny suit, the tongue sticking, and like "scenes" DW and I got some for ourselves and for gifts this year!!

I love this movie and so want to go to the real house in Cleveland. Everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts for wanting to visit there though. :confused3

I'm going to try to recruit my youngest son to loving this movie, I think it would be up his alley. DH doesn't care all that much about it and my oldest DS hates it. Silly, neither of them know whats good. :confused3

I'll go with you! Road trip!!!! :teeth:

I got myself one of these last year. http://www.stage-fright.com/chstst.html

Kimya

I had just finished reading through this thread when DD6 comes in asking who wants to watch this movie w/her. She was holding up "A Christmas Story" dvd. I missed it on Thanksgiving so I watched it with her. There are so many favorite moments, scenes, sayings...one that we've been using a lot this week is "It's a major award!" I also use fra-gee-lay a lot. And "I can't put my arms down!" And let's not forget "I TRIPLE DOG dare you!"

The best scene is of course Flick getting stuck to the flag pole, but when the teacher runs outside to help him she takes the time to put on her snow boots, but not a coat. She must've been freezing out there waiting for the fire dept & the cops to show up. "And that's all I'm going to say about poor Flick."

Our neighbor got the lamp last year for Xmas and threw out the wood crate that it came in. You know the one, the one with FRAGILE on it. He must not have seen the movie. I almost rescued the crate from the trash but it wouldn't mean a thing without the lamp!

This has to be the all time best Xmas movie ever (followed by Elf for a close second). I can watch them OVER and OVER and OVER and never get tired of them. True classics!

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity, that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over lake Michigan". :lmao: :lmao:

This movie is a highlight of the Christmas season!:laughing:

"Adults always loved to say that stuff. But kids knew it was always best NOT to get caught." :lmao:

I do, turns out. When it was on TBS around Thanksgiving, I was unconsciously saying the whole script along with the movie until my roommates came in and pointed it out to me. :rolleyes1 I love this movie so much. My favorite line (and my mom's too - the whole movie reminds her of her childhood) is "Randy laid there like a slug: it was his only defense." :happytv:

This is my favorite quote as well! Love this movie!:rotfl2:

We have the leg lamp! Whenever we have to give directions to our house, we just say look for the house with the leg lamp!

Now I have to go to Sears to get some of those figurines. :cool1:

The Higbee's is/was a real store. They closed the Higbee's when I lived there, and was some other store... and now I've lost track of what it is.

It became a Dillards, but it's been vacant for years now. The store closed down a few years back. There also used to be a Kaufmann's (May Company in the "olden" days, now owned by Macy's) store in Tower City as well, but that's gone now too. There's not a whole lot down there anymore, unfortunately. :( Public Square's still pretty at Christmastime, there's just not a lot of shopping left.

I love this movie!:love: So many great quotes. One of my favorites, "Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to
mind."
:lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter