"A Christmas Story" lovers

mfd25wife

DIS Veteran
My aunt and uncle love this movie. It's a tradition for us to watch it during the holidays at my grandmother's. I just found a desk top leg lamp that is on sale. I love the idea of giving it to them (plus Oreo Truffles and Fudge), but I thought I would get your opinions. It's always hard for me to come up with inexpensive gifts for them.

that's perfect! i want the big lamp for my eventual house. they have a gift set out this christmas with an apron, cookie cutters and the dvd. i've asked santa for that.

It sure would be a conversation starter :lmao:
I love the movie, but I would never put one of those in my house.

It sure would be a conversation starter :lmao:
I love the movie, but I would never put one of those in my house.

Yeah, I'm thinking it may just become part of their Christmas decorations every year. It would be the gift I'd have to watch them open.

They even had the downloadable "AWARD CERTIFICATE". :rotfl2:

BTW, you should see the eg lamp snow globe!!!!

I love the movie too, but would not want the leg lamp in my house. :rotfl: I have seen the leg lamp as a Christmas tree ornament and would love it though.

We have a full sized leg lamp and it's only out for Christmas.:thumbsup2

Someone in my cousin's group of friends gave someone else a leg lamp for some occasion - birthday, anniversary, wedding - now it gets passed around as a joke everytime someone throws a big party or celebration.:lmao:

We love that movie! "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

There is a Monopoly game with a The Christmas Story theme. That might be a good gift idea, too.

Something like this?

SD09.jpg

We got my FIL a leg lamp this year. He is going to LOVE it. My MIL may kill us for getting it, but it's so worth is. That is my all time favorite Christmas movie.

My aunt and uncle love this movie. It's a tradition for us to watch it during the holidays at my grandmother's. I just found a desk top leg lamp that is on sale. I love the idea of giving it to them (plus Oreo Truffles and Fudge), but I thought I would get your opinions. It's always hard for me to come up with inexpensive gifts for them.

Awesome!!! Do they like board games? Go to Amazon.com and look up the "A Christmas Story" version of Monopoly. I just bought it and my mom and I love it!!! This is my family's favorite Christmas film. I've always wanted one of those leg lamps....:rotfl:

Awesome!!! Do they like board games? Go to Amazon.com and look up the "A Christmas Story" version of Monopoly. I just bought it and my mom and I love it!!! This is my family's favorite Christmas film. I've always wanted one of those leg lamps....:rotfl:

Thanks, Soarin and PixieDust! I will look it up. That would give us another game to play duing the holidays. This weekend, we played "Life". I had not played it in forever, and DD wanted me to buy it. It was fun. Usually, we take something. Last year, we took Yahtzee and Guitar Hero. They were both a hit and even the adult cousins ended up going and buying GH. They didn't think they would like it, but once they started, the took over the TV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter