• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple quick questions about F&W

wdw&sonny

DIS Veteran
Never been. Going in September:

Someone should do a "F&W" for dummies. I started to read the one above and it assumes we have been before.

Do they hand out menus for all the vendors so you know the options and prices without having to wander the whole showcase to decide on what to try?
Do he Magic Bands work at all the kiosks?

You can get a "passport" that shows the menu at each booth. No pricing in it. There will be websites with the prices

Assuming the system is working you can use Magic Bands. Bring a back up

I recommend looking at the menus that are available now and making a list of what you want to try from each booth before you go. It helps if you can take a look at a map to see where the booths are before you get there but I'm not sure if there will be one available online before the beginning of the festival. There will be a map and menus available at the park as you arrive but it might be less overwhelming if you at least somewhat plan ahead.

I've never had an issue scanning my MB at the kiosks for payment (except when I forgot what I had set my pin to).

Have a great trip! :)

How, when, where do you get a "passport" and access to the websites?
The Passports are available in the retail kiosks in Epcot
The web sites are available free of charge now.
Try the official Disney site and search for Food & Wine event
The Disney Food Blog has all the menus now

Check on MyDisneyExperience, search Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, then click on Global Marketplaces. You'll find all the menus listed right there. :)

If you are on the Disney Dining plans, you can use your snack credits for foods items at F&W. So the lobster roll at Barley & Hops, lamb chop from Australia , tenderloin from Canada that are like 6 or 7 bucks are perfect candidates for snacks credit usage.

If you have never been, it can be overwhelming. I would Google Disney Food Blog. Besides great sneak peaks, they have a pdf that you can purchase and download. About 240+ pages. Everything about F&W. Every booth, menus, special tastings, all the special events. More information than you could ever want. We've used it the last 2 years and well worth the minimal cost.

Here is the link to the menus: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-marketplaces/
Click 'read more' to read the menu items. Usually the DIS will post pictures of the menu boards at each booth once the festival has started, and then you can see the prices. No idea where each booth will be located at this point, other than assuming the ones that are actually countries in Epcot will be within that country. When you go to Epcot there should be a festival map/info when you walk into the park. I assume it will all be online once the festival starts as well.

The Festival Passport can be picked up at the Festival Center--the old 'Horizons' building to the right of Mission Space. There is a Ghirardelli exhibit here where you can learn about chocolate making, buy chocolate, and in the past we've received a free sample of chocolate when we walked in. There are seminars you can pay to attend--you need advance reservations for them, a 'back to basics' one that I believe is still free, stuff to buy, etc. You're supposed to be able to pick up the festival passport at multiple locations, but they don't list the locations online.

The food/drink items are of a 'tasting' size.

There is also a free concert at the America Gardens Theater at 5:30, 6:45, and 8PM. Here is the concert list: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/food-wine-eat-to-the-beat-concerts/

Oh, you can also pay with a Disney Gift Card/rewards card, credit card, cash, magicband.

All the unofficial WDW guide websites will have up lists of the booths with the prices. I don't think WDW will publish the prices on their own site. A map will be released by WDW closer to the start date. You might be able to get the map onsite. Otherwise you'll need to print it. The "passport" will list every item at every booth but it won't tell you the price or where to find the booth. If you want a list with prices you may have to make one yourself. Prices are also posted prominently at each booth but you have to be there to see those.

Sometimes, the scanners for payment break down, and then they can only take cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter