"A day without Gay"....

soulmates

traveling through life, with the one I love

Very interesting!! A friend of mine, sent me this link today. I've decided to go ahead and be apart of this. As a Duke employee, I can go volunteer with the aid's babies!! What an amazing concept, and a NONE violent way to get our point across. Hoping some of you can participate!! :grouphug:

Chris

http://daywithoutagay.org/

Checked out the link and it is A VERY COOL idea -- I love the idea of the one day "Gay-for-a-Day" pass.

Well, that's my day off so I can't exactly take off work, but I can look into volunteer work :thumbsup2

I cant take that day off. :guilty:

But I will be sure NOT to spend any cash!

I'm really fortunate, I work for a VERY diverse organization. When I told my supervisor (who's niece is gay) she was THRILLED at the idea!! Very supportive people!! My hope is to be with the sick babies. However, sick or healthy, that's where I'll be, in the childrens' unit. What a concept. Our rights have been taken from us and we react how.....in love! :woohoo:

My son and his girlfriend are planning to participate in Tempe. :-)goodvibes I will be meeting this girl for the first time Wednesday night and I like her already.)

We will be on vacation at WDW. We arrive at CR that day. It sucks, because I have to spend money that day.

:upsidedow Let me try to spin this.....

I am volunteering to go to WDW on 12/10/08. I do so not to stimulate Florida's economy, but I do so in support of the Disney company because they employ and support their worker's civil right to be who they are. I am going to WDW for all of the GLBT's CM's that spread pixie dust, even if they do it in states that don't allow them their civil rights.

Was that enough good intention and spin to bury the BS? :rolleyes:

Well, as I understand it, it's ok to spend money on the 10th if it is done at or with a gay owned or gay supportive business. WDW surely qualifies as gay supportive.

Yep! Not sure yet if I'll be able to take that day off (not comfortable calling in gay at my workplace, ack! :scared: ), but I will definitely be sure to not spend money unless i'm absolutely positive i'm spending it at a gay-friendly business. Which is kinda hard to know. So i'll probably not spend any money. :confused3

I think it's the AWARENESS that is going to be more powerful than anything. I've orderd the $5 button and plan to wear it all day...I'm sure folks will ask what is THAT all about. Great way to have some powerful dialogue!;)

My son and his girlfriend are planning to participate in Tempe. :-)goodvibes I will be meeting this girl for the first time Wednesday night and I like her already.)
That is SO how I felt when my daughter and her b/f came up to participate in Pride with us!! She sounds like good people!!:banana:

A button? Can you provide the link to your source? If you can't would you please PM me with the source? THANKS!!!

Found them! Impact site, as I expected. Nice buttons, nice shirts.

Might need to do some online shopping. :teeth:

I can't get over how the website's evolved just since yesterday. I was lying awake in bed this morning trying to think where and how I might be able to volunteer. I got back on today and HOLY SMOKES! It's got a join-up site. I joined and invited a bunch of my friends to join as well. AWESOME MOBILIZATION TOOL!!!!:thumbsup2

I was just browsing through the available merchandise and found this:

jitcrunch.aspx

:rotfl:

I LOVE IT!!!

That was one of my favorite ones! :teeth: LOL.

LOUIE!!! Ya' trying to give me a headache? LOLOLOLOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter