"A day without Gay"....

Cracking me up....nope, not gonna "VOLUNTEER" to NOT be gay for a day!!:rotfl2: That would mean taking down my gratuitous lesbian poster of Dani Campbell, ah, NOT gonna happen. Then there's the whole, "Honey, can we not be gay today" conversation with my DP...THAT would go over nicely!!!

Naaah, I'll continue being the token lesbian in my office, works well for me!:thumbsup2

Everyone, thanks SO much for your support and getting the word out. What an impact we'll make. We STILL have no marital rights, yet we respond by giving our time away and volunteering. Yeah, I'm gay and damn proud!:cheer2:

:cheer2: Facebooked friends to let them know to start getting prepared to call in gay :goodvibes

Hmm, I wonder if I have any finals that day...

Both my wife and I would love to do this, what better way to make a point without being obnoxious. Unfortunately, we are nannies and both families we work for dont feel it neccesary to worry about who we love but to worry about the well being of their kids. We cant in good conscience call out and make there day terrible when they support us. If I was working in an office I would sooooo be calling out!!!!!!

I have a question here...I work for a company that has no issue with Gay or Lesbian employees. We have partner health benefits (rules apply to hetero married couples the same as us non-hetero - have to share the same legal address for 9 months before signing up).

The company is very non-judgemental, has no specific policies regarding gay or not.

So, my question - since I work nights - I am working 3p-7a on 12/9 (half of the shift is on 12/10) then I return to work on 12/10 7p-7a (4 hrs on 12.10). If I call out gay on the 10th - which one do I pick? and I will have to "make up" the shift, work another Sunday or Monday because of the weekend thing.

My job requires me to work with lots of volunteers (EMS sucks in NJ). Can I just wear a button or something?

I have a question here...I work for a company that has no issue with Gay or Lesbian employees. We have partner health benefits (rules apply to hetero married couples the same as us non-hetero - have to share the same legal address for 9 months before signing up).

The company is very non-judgemental, has no specific policies regarding gay or not.

So, my question - since I work nights - I am working 3p-7a on 12/9 (half of the shift is on 12/10) then I return to work on 12/10 7p-7a (4 hrs on 12.10). If I call out gay on the 10th - which one do I pick? and I will have to "make up" the shift, work another Sunday or Monday because of the weekend thing.

My job requires me to work with lots of volunteers (EMS sucks in NJ). Can I just wear a button or something?

Since the entire program is about awareness, I would think a shirt or button would be fine :thumbsup2

So, who else here "called in gay" to work today?

I technically didn't "call in" as I spoke to my boss on Monday and let him know what was going on. He's always been very supportive of me, so I chose to not blindside him with an early morning phone call.

We chose not to volunteer, but plan to increase our visibility in our own neighborhood instead. We'll be walking Tolliver as a family instead of just one at a time today late in the afternoon/early in the evening. And we'll walk the entire neighborhood instead of just going around the block. Since he's such a cute little guy, we're guessing we'll have lots of chances to introduce ourselves as "I'm Rob, and this is my partner, Scott" to a lot of people in our neighborhood who have never seen us, or at least never seen us together.

We'll also be working in the yard today (mostly hanging Christmas lights). This is something that never happens. We usually don't spend a lot of time in our yard (we've got a lawn service) so, we're hoping that being "out" will help us to come "out" if you know what I mean.

I am working today, by choice. I manage a holiday store, and my store is extremely freindly, my boss is fantastic to work for, and I cant leave him in a lurch. We are short staffed as it is, as I let two people go this week already. Anyway, I will wear a ribbon or pin on my shirt, and I will do ornament samples in same sex names.

I'm out of state working and will fly home tonight. I'm not spending any money today at all.

I have my Mickey pin. :teeth: And another couple others...

I think your "out" in the neighborhood plan is great! I know Tolliver is going to enjoy the stroll with both of you!!!

So have you worn poor Toliver's paws to a stub yet? :lmao:

Nah. He'll wear us out LONG before his paws are affected.

Busy day. Decorations up, and TREE DONE!

Not terribly animated walking the dog. An I expected more people to be out and about. Didn't meet any new people, just waved at some from a distance.

Well, Rob, sorry your plan didn't produce more positive results. Of course if you still lived here you would have been flash-frozen in the first 30 seconds after you stepped outside, so it's not all bad. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter