A Disney Filled Spring Break-4 Parks & a Magical Cruise! *New 12/11- Completed!*

Our usual touring pattern at the Disneyland parks or while in Magic Kingdom has us starting right off of Main Street into Tomorrowland. This morning we didn't do that though so it was somewhere in the 5 o'clock hour and I was just getting to Tomorrowland.
ry%3D480

I decided to visit the Laugh Floor. I only recall doing this once before and I think it had been almost 7 years ago. I was overdue!
ry%3D480

I thought it was fun that you could send in jokes!
ry%3D480

I was enjoying all the themeing...
ry%3D480

This wall is great!
ry%3D480

Inside the theater...
ry%3D480

screen shot...
ry%3D480

Roz welcomed us. I use "welcome" very loosely....
ry%3D480

The show was very funny. They do a fantastic job with the improv and including the audience. We all seemed to be laughing the whole time.

I was excited to see these guys as I exited the Laugh Floor...
ry%3D480

And I was super excited to meet Buzz!
ry%3D480

I got a good hug!
ry%3D480

I got his autograph. He has a very cool space ranger stamp.
ry%3D480

He was surprisingly interactive....
ry%3D480

Our photos together...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Buzz motioned for a kiss on his cheek before I left and the photo pass photographer captured the moment....
ry%3D480

The Incredibles were having a dance party nearby that I joined in on for just a bit....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A few times throughout the day I saw this little girl who I am assuming is with Make a Wish or a similar organization. She was able to head to the front of the line for rides, meets, etc. I hope her day was perfect. I can't help but feel for her and her family. I do hope she has a happy outcome.
ry%3D480

Frozone!
ry%3D480

Between trying to get photos I was participating in a conga line they had going. It was a fun snippet of the day.
ry%3D480

I wasn't in Tomorrowland especially long but I enjoyed every bit of my time there!

Great Adventureland pictures!

Yay for meeting the fairies, I love their greeting area too!

Lovely shot of you and the castle :)

I love the monsters inc laugh floor!

Aww the picure of you and Buzz hugging, so sweet. And even better the picture of you kissing him!!

Sounds like a fun time in Tomorrowland :thumbsup2

When I left Tomorrowland I made my way into old Fantasyland. I took in the Mad Tea Party Area...
ry%3D480

LOVE those tea cups!
ry%3D480

...and the paper lanterns! Doesn't it just make you want to throw and Alice themed party!?!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I took a quick spin on the carrousel...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

My pretty horse...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After looking at the times guide I decided to try and meet Tiana and Naveen in New Orleans Square. They are one of those greets where the line often closes before the greet time even begins. I arrived about 15 minutes before the greet started. The attendant thought I might make the meet. I was in a waiting area. I didn't end up getting in on the first round but at that point I had already waited about 45 minutes to an hour. I was first in line for the next batch so it made sense to wait another 15 minutes. Or at least more sense than waiting an hour and leaving with nothing. I wouldn't have waited initially if I knew the whole process was a good hour and a half but all in all I'm glad to have met them.

Buildings near the waiting area...
ry%3D480

The greet under a gazeebo in Tiana's Garden Glen.....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A pretty castle view from the queue as it started to get dark...
ry%3D480

After the first waiting round Naveen and Tiana took a break. Before long they were heading back under the gazeebo....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

She felt like I had been there before that day. I explained that she probably saw me in the waiting area as they came and went the last few times. I explained how I'd been waiting FOREVER....
ry%3D480

princess hug!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The lighting in this area is a little funny this time of night. Maybe it's meant to be a red New Orleans glow...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480
[/IMG]

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Mid pose Tiana became startled when she heard rustling in the bushes. There was some sort of critter. I heard it too. She sent Naveen over to make sure all was okay and then we went back to our pictures. This time she had him stand on the side with the rustling in the bushes though.

ry%3D480

Even though it was a long wait my overall review can be summed up in a few words... "worth the wait".

Coming up next.... Electric Parade!

Following meeting Tiana and Naveen it was starting to get dark which meant it was time to find a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade! This parade makes me feel 6 again and takes me right back to my Disneyland childhood memories. I love it!

There was a photo pass photographer nearby and I grabbed a castle shot...
ry%3D480

I stopped in at Casey's for some corn dog nuggets and a drink and then picked a spot across from Casey's to watch the parade. Before long the parade was approaching! I was fine enjoying Magic Kingdom solo but I do wish that Reagan would have been there for this parade. I had texted some with my mom and she and Reagan were enjoying some downtime relaxing back at Pop Century. Anyway.... on to the parade!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Mickey!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The Cheshire Cat!
ry%3D480

Another Alice in Wonderland float...
ry%3D480

Cinderella is coming!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The clock struck midnight!
ry%3D480

Captain Hook's pirate ship!
ry%3D480

Smee....
ry%3D480

Hey! It's a 7DMT!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Pinocchio's float...
ry%3D480

Pete and Elliott...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Following the Electrical Parade I set out to find a good place to watch the castle shows. I ended up over by Tomorrowland Terrace.

ry%3D480

This was the first time I've seen this show and it was perfect!
ry%3D480

Cinderella...
ry%3D480

Cheshire Cat...
ry%3D480

This one reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum. I think it is from the circus portion...
ry%3D480

Wreck it Ralph.... ( I think )
ry%3D480

Tangled?....
ry%3D480

It really is such a pretty show!
ry%3D480

And the castle returns to normal as we wait for Wishes...
ry%3D480

Following the castle shows I ended up over at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...
ry%3D480

The queue is really cute!
ry%3D480

I have a thing for children's books and any of the rides that pull pages from those books melt me....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

More queue fun....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

My very own honey pot!
ry%3D480

and we're off on a ride through the 100 Acre Woods!
ry%3D480

Hello Tigger!
ry%3D480

Buddy Boy!
ry%3D480

Pooh's Patootie!
ry%3D480

Birthday time!
ry%3D480

A happy in honey Pooh!
ry%3D480

Into the dump store 100 Acre Goods.... These Pooh ears are crazy cute!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Lots of Pooh fun! Up next.... Princess Overload!

Following all the 100 Acre Woods fun I noticed that Princess Fairytale Hall had a 5 minute wait time posted. Yes, Please! It ended up being even less than that. I just walked right up and it was my turn.
ry%3D480

I met Cinderella first. I had the autograph book I made for Reagan with me even though he had headed back to the hotel with my Mom. I continued to get autographs and I'm glad I did. I'm enjoying incorporating them on the scrapbook pages that include the photos of the meets. I used 4 x 6 photo books for the autograph books. I had cut 4 x 6 cards for the characters to sign. On the opposite page I often had a Character photo. I used the same little books to collect postcards while in the parks, too.

Getting Cindy's autograph....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And then Aurora...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

You exit after the first two princesses but I came right back in for the other two princesses. This time I did have maybe a 5-10 minute wait but needed the time to take pictures in the queue.

Princess Minnie!
ry%3D480

I liked the princess paintings hanging along the queue on both sides...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And this showcase was a nice surprise...
ry%3D480

It housed Cinderella's glass slipper!
ry%3D480

I met Rupunzel next....
ry%3D480

She was incredibly animated!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And coming up next....
ry%3D480

Last but not least, Snow White....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

There is one more princess coming up but I've run out of picture space here...

When I was done at Princess Fairytale Hall there was still one more princess on my "to meet" list. (I'm sure Reagan appreciated that I tried to get all the princesses out of my system while he was back at the hotel with my mom.)

I was off to see what the wait was like for Ariel. On the way I enjoyed seeing the Beasts castle all lit up at night....
ry%3D480

Once I arrived at Ariel's Grotto I was pleased to see that the wait was short...
ry%3D480

The lit up sea slugs within the queue were fantastic...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Ariel and I had a nice visit! She was curious where in the sea I found my necklace/treasure....
ry%3D480

... and she was kind enough to add her autograph to my collection.
ry%3D480

I love how this next one shows all of her mermaid tail. We had a nice visit!
ry%3D480

Back out in New Fantasyland I continued to enjoy the nighttime views...
ry%3D480

My next destination...It's a Small World! This is another Disney icon that takes me right back to my childhood. I love it!
ry%3D480

"the happiest cruise that ever sailed the world"...
ry%3D480

Venice!
ry%3D480

Hula Dolls!
ry%3D480

Duck Billed Platypus...
ry%3D480

Kangaroos and Koalas...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Nearing the end...
ry%3D480

Saying our goodbyes...
ry%3D480

and back to the start....
ry%3D480

Again!... again! Not really... once is enough.

More nighttime New Fantasyland loveliness....
ry%3D480

I'll stop here for now and the next entry should wrap up the Magic Kingdom day....

Sounds like it was a nice interaction with Tiana & Naveen, glad it was worth the wait!

Great parade pictures!

5 minute wait time at Princess Fairytale Hall?! Can't pass that up! Great pictures with all of them, and Ariel too!

Don't know how I didn't see this trip report earlier, I just read it all! Love it! I love your pictures of POP early in the morning, there is nothing better than a disney morning is there? I can't explain it but waking up knowing you're in disney, can't beat that!

I think this entry should wrap up the Magic Kingdom day. There were extra magic hours this night until 1am. I think I lasted until a bit after midnight but not all the way to 1am.

Earlier in the day when we tried to ride Haunted Mansion it was down. I wanted to swing back by and see if it was back up. It was!
ry%3D480

I enjoyed taking in the queue details....
ry%3D480

And it was exciting to be taken into the round, stretching room. One of the best things about Disney are the things that never change and feel just like the first time as a kid. This was a moment that I was sad Reagan was back at the hotel asleep. He had decided to try this ride for the first time this trip and was missing it. We did try to ride it together earlier in the day when it was closed. Oh well.... next time!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A spooky chandelier....
ry%3D480

I failed to get any other pictures worth sharing the rest of the ride but enjoyed taking in an old favorite just the same.

I popped into Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe following Haunted Mansion. I saw several ornaments I liked but didn't splurge on any.
ry%3D480

It was almost time to say goodbye. It was a bit easier to leave Magic Kingdom knowing I'd return again in June.... just a few months between trips this time. I almost immediately began a list with the things I didn't get to that I'll tackle in June.
ry%3D480

A few of the Partner's friends. Breer Rabbit...
ry%3D480

Our favorite chipmunks!
ry%3D480

Pluto...
ry%3D480

Dumbo!
ry%3D480

Pinocchio...
ry%3D480

The castle was looking so pretty!
ry%3D480

I couldn't resist just one more castle pictures along with the partner's statue...
ry%3D480

Heading out down Main Street....
ry%3D480

I was drawn in by a cute window display at the Confectionary...
ry%3D480

I always love to check out the adorable treats the create at Disney. Its an art in and of itself....
ry%3D480

The artists with the most precious uniforms ever!
ry%3D480

And because I just don't know when to stop taking pictures here are a couple more great, vintage inspired posters as I exited....
ry%3D480

I'm trying to remember if I purchased prints of these. I'd like to use them on the scrapbook layouts for these two rides...
ry%3D480

I caught a bus back to Pop Century. My step count for this day was 27,289 or about 13 1/2 + miles.
ry%3D480

Some of our pin trades that day. I love the Mickey cherries!
ry%3D480

The Dalmation ear hat...
ry%3D480

My mom traded for this Miss Piggy....
ry%3D480

We had an awesome Magic Kingdom day! The best part was it was only the first full day of the trip. We still had 3 parks and a cruise to look forward to. We were just getting in our Disney groove! Next up.... Resort Exploring and then Epcot for Flower and Garden!

While we were staying at Pop Century prior to the cruise one of the items on my Disney "to do" list was to explore the Art of Animation Resort next door. On the morning of our second full day, before Epcot, I woke early and took a picture walk exploring Art of Animation. You'll be able to tell from some of my pictures that I was the crazy girl who was up before the sun.

The Little Mermaid section....
ry%3D480

King Triton...
ry%3D480

Sebastain...
ry%3D480

Ursula...
ry%3D480

The statue of Prince Eric...
ry%3D480

Treasure!
ry%3D480

Snarfblatt! You can tell from the background that each of these items is much, much larger than lifesize...
ry%3D480

And last but not least for the Little Mermaid section.... a dinglehopper....
ry%3D480

Up next was the Lion King section and Zazu greeted me...
ry%3D480

Scar was up next...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The unfriendly trio of Shenzi, Banzai & Ed... the hyenas...
ry%3D480

Timon, Pumbaa and Simba....
ry%3D480

Mufasa...
ry%3D480

Rafiki...
ry%3D480

Up next... The Nemo Section....

Mine, mine, mine.....
ry%3D480

Crush and Dory...
ry%3D480

Squirts play area...
ry%3D480

Mr. Ray...
ry%3D480

These areas are done so well!
ry%3D480

It doesn't take much for me to fall in love at Disney but I certainly had one of those moments while exploring the Art of Animation Hotel property. I adore how it is done and how picturesque it is. I really enjoyed taking in all the Cars details...

Welcome to Ornament Valley and Radiator Springs!
ry%3D480

This area really is the next best thing to being in Carsland in California!

The Sherriff...
ry%3D480

Doc Hudson...
ry%3D480

The little signs along the path were cute...
ry%3D480

Approaching the Cozy Cone...
ry%3D480

Flo!
ry%3D480

Ramone...
ry%3D480

Many more Cozy Cone details...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The front windows of the Cozy Cone Motel lobby...
ry%3D480

Postcard display...
ry%3D480

The hanging plants in the upside down cones are absolutely perfect!
ry%3D480

Casa Della Tires...
ry%3D480

Guido and Luigi are my favorites!
ry%3D480

Mater's area...
ry%3D480

The sweet tow truck himself...
ry%3D480

Sarge's Surplus Hut...
ry%3D480

Sarge!
ry%3D480

The Wheel Well Motel entrance...
ry%3D480

Sally...
ry%3D480

The Cozy Cone pool area with the Cone Cabanas really was special. So clever!
ry%3D480

And last but not least Filmore....
ry%3D480

Exploring great areas like this made being up before the sun on vacation completely worth is. Sleeping while there is Disney to explore is overrated anyway. You need just enough sleep to "just keep swimming". Any more than that is a waste. This mentality reminds me of the first and only time my husbands brother visited Disney with me. We were in Hong Kong at Disneyland there and at the end of the day he said, "I had no idea you were such a Disney maniac." I guess that pretty much sums it up. I just can't get enough!

A bit more of Art of Animation coming up next and then we are off to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival! Woo Hoo!

At this point I was just about finished with my Art of Animation Resort self-guided tour! I was enjoying myself thoroughly!

I checked out the map to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I left...
ry%3D480

Animation Hall was the last section left to explore...
ry%3D480

This wall of colored screens of Disney Pixar animation in the lobby was impressive!
ry%3D480

The arcade....
ry%3D480

Another wall of sketched art....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I browsed in the gift shop for awhile and thought this Nemo bucket was really cute. Later in the trip, when we were on Castaway Cay, Reagan picked this bucket as one of his souvenirs. Great minds think alike!... or "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree".... something like that. Isn't it adorable though!?
ry%3D480

I quickly checked out the restaurant. The gelato caught my eye!
ry%3D480

I thought this Mickey chocolate bar was fun, too...
ry%3D480

At this point I was pretty much done exploring Art of Animation and I headed back to Pop Century. It was starting to get light out and I wanted to see if Reagan and Nanny were waking up yet.

The lake views of Art of Animation were very pretty!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

There were some hot air balloons nearby lifting off....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And I spotted this distinguishe looking feathered friend along the shore....
ry%3D480

This is the bridge that crosses between Pop Century and Art of Animation mid lake....
ry%3D480

Another look across the lake at Art of Animation...
ry%3D480

Back at the room My mom and Reagan were awake and Reagan had the sweetest surprise for me! On his way out of Magic Kingdom the day before he used a Disney giftcard he had to buy me Duffy and the Mickey outfit for Duffy as a Souvenir. He surprised me with it back at the room.

ry%3D400

I was very touched by this. He knows how much I love Disney and in the months leading up to the trip I was planning and would come home with a new t-shirt for him to wear on the trip or something along those lines. We had also went through his wallet and assessed his spending money situation at one point. I had a Disney giftcard for him to add to his wallet. After I gave him something like a t-shirt and hoodie a week or so before the trip he said thank you and then announced that he was going to pick out a souvenir for me while we were at Disney. Just that he had that thought made my day! Once we were at Disney he mentioned a few times that he needed time to shop with Nanny alone without me. When they left Magic Kingdom the afternoon before he had his opportunity. I.LOVE.MY.DUFFY! and my sweet boy! We had fun picking out a few more items, accessory during the rest of our trip. We've also taken Duffy to Build a Bear since returning home. I was pleased to find out that the clothing and accessories there fit Duffy just right. Anyway... moving on. We'll see more of Duffy later.

My Mom was all bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morning. She looked cute in her new t-shirt that she found at Big Top Gifts in New Fantasyland and her new ears. Her flowered shirt was perfect for Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival.
ry%3D480

Coming up next.... Epcot!

Omg Brenda, Reagan really is the sweetest boy ever! So thoughtful of him to pick that out for you, and the fact that he was so insistent on having shopping time alone with Nanny :)

AoA looks awesome at night! Looks like you had a nice time by yourself at MK too, what a perfect way to end the day than that sweet surprise from Reagan, you must be such a happy momma!

The day before, when I unexpectedly waited quite awhile to meet Tiana and Naveen, I was visiting with the cast member who was manning the line. I asked him about the best way to navigate the line / wait situation for Ana and Elsa at Epcot. His advice was to go straight there upon entering the park. So, that was what I attempted to do. I went on ahead of my Mom and Reagan. They were to meet me in the line. The park was scheduled to open at 9 this morning and we were in the park just a bit before that. By 9 I had arrived in Norway and the line was already estimated at being 3 1/2 hours long. What!? How did that happen!? It didn't really matter how. As much as I enjoy the greets it wasn't worth a 3+ hour wait. I felt so bad for the little girls all dressed up in their Ana and Elsa dresses whose families had decided to turn away when they found out about the wait as well. It wasn't a big deal for me really. I headed back towards the entrance to meet back up with Reagan and Nanny. And on the way back I was able to take time for pictures!

Goofy and Donald playing soccer...
ry%3D480

Phineas and Ferb... This is a favorite for Reagan right now. I was glad to have met back up with my Mom and Reagan easily...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We grabbed breakfast at the Starbucks by Fountain Plaza and we were ready to take on the rest of our Epcot day.

The beautiful Spaceship Earth building...
ry%3D480

This Flower and Garden Festival display was a favorite...
ry%3D480

It was all so pretty!
ry%3D480

Sorcerer Mickey and the brooms from Fantasia...
ry%3D480

And the Fantasia ostrich...
ry%3D480

We came across these Flower and Garden ladies that were beyond adorable!! They were handing out brochures for the event and Reagan was kind enough to pose for a pic with one of them for me.
ry%3D480

They were really decked out for the occasion!
ry%3D480

We saw that Pluto was greeting nearby so we jumped in line there next. Reagan got his autograph...
ry%3D480

He was completely amused by how Pluto had to place the book on his nose in order to autograph. In time we figured out that quite a few characters have to use this trick...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A Pluto and Reagan pose...
ry%3D480

Spaceship Earth was our first ride of the day. This was a first for all of us.
ry%3D480

The mural as you enter...
ry%3D480

Loading into our ride vehicle...
ry%3D480

I didn't really have an expectation for this ride. I didn't know what it was. None-the-less I enjoyed the scenes along the way...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Even though this next one is blurry I like the way it turned out...
ry%3D480

I'm not sure if you can make this next one out but I'm in my own ride vehicle (Reagan and Nanny rode together) and my picture shows my camera up to my eye. A very true representation. I had to laugh though...
ry%3D480

Reagan, my mom and then me again with the camera in front of my face...
ry%3D480

The End (for this post).... I'll pick up with more Epcot in the next post.
ry%3D480

Don't know how I didn't see this trip report earlier, I just read it all! Love it! I love your pictures of POP early in the morning, there is nothing better than a disney morning is there? I can't explain it but waking up knowing you're in disney, can't beat that!
I agree! There is little better than waking in Disney and knowing you have a full day of magical adventures to look forward to!

Omg Brenda, Reagan really is the sweetest boy ever! So thoughtful of him to pick that out for you, and the fact that he was so insistent on having shopping time alone with Nanny :)
This gesture really does *melt* me. Although I've been sharing this Duffy with Reagan I'm certain it is something I will keep for myself as special always. It is a favorite and cherished memory already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter