A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World Updated 3/27!

Love those "golden hour" Main Street photos. So beautiful! And I love how you can see the transition from day to night in your Dumbo pictures!

We met up with another DIS'er on our October trip who introduced us to that Wishes viewing are by CP. It's so amazing from there! The pictures came out beautiful with the reflections in the water.

Oh, shoot! I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I was going to wait a post or two and then give the answer

:upsidedow

"When You Wish Upon A DeathStar"

This, quite literally, had me ROLLING on the floor laughing. :rotfl2:

The Wishes shots from CP are fantastic! I shot from there once last year and love that spot. I hadn't even considered the impact of the Hub construction on the reflections there. Aren't they paving some of that in? So I wonder if similar shots will ever be possible again? :sad2:

They are paving over all the moats in the Hub, so no more reflection photos. :sad:

Oh, I could have fun with this sign pointing to members of my family!

What beautiful pictures of the Celebrate the Magic show! I love being able to see all of the great details and how the projections "fit" onto the various fixtures of the castle.

Amazing Wishes photos, once again! I love that spot! Nice view, almost centered, low crowds- must put that in mental notebook for future trips!

Keep posting those Ohana pictures! You may tempt us to give it another shot!

:goodvibes

I didn't even notice the arrow was pointed at that woman until you pointed it out! :rotfl: I love Celebrate the Magic more and more each time I see it. There's so much beautiful detail, you notice something new each time.

We've been so lucky with 'Ohana, we've never had the horrible experiences that you (and many others) have had. Fingers crossed it stays that way (though the law of averages says it won't).

what a great spot to view Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! I especially love the Celebrate pictures - so clear .... actually, clearer that watching it live :rotfl:

Haha, it does look more clear than real life, doesn't it? :lmao:

Love those "golden hour" Main Street photos. So beautiful! And I love how you can see the transition from day to night in your Dumbo pictures!

We met up with another DIS'er on our October trip who introduced us to that Wishes viewing are by CP. It's so amazing from there! The pictures came out beautiful with the reflections in the water.

I love those golden hour photos too (so much so that I made one of the castle shots my shiny new Dis avatar photo!)

The CP spot for Wishes was great, just enough off of Main Street that you didn't feel squished. :crowded:

Welcome back friends, we last left off with us doing our least-favorite activity at Disney: Packing! That’s right, this trip is coming to an end. But our flight wasn’t until the evening, so we still had big plans for the day.

We started the day by sleeping in just a bit. We woke up, threw the last of our stuff into our bags and went down to the lobby to check in for our flight/stow our carry-ons with bell services.

DSC_9042-L.jpg

DSC_9044-L.jpg

With all the logistics handled, we moseyed around the lake to Beach Club for breakfast. It never fails to shock me how much more crowded the BC lobby is compared with BW.

DSC_9048-L.jpg

About 15 minutes after we checked in, we were buzzed in.

DSC_9067-L.jpg

DSC_9065-L.jpg

DSC_9068-L.jpg

DSC_9070-L.jpg

DSC_9075-L.jpg

DSC_9073-L.jpg

Mmmmm, Mickey waffles! But before we could grab plates to pile high, our first guest arrived.

DSC_9050-L.jpg

DSC_9053-L.jpg

Once Donald had departed, Goofy was right on his tailfeathers.

DSC_9055-L.jpg

DSC_9056-L.jpg

We had a few minutes before Minnie’s arrival, so it was time to grab some of that tasty food.

DSC_9058-L.jpg

DSC_9059-L.jpg

Then it was time for a visit from my favorite gal!

DSC_9061-L.jpg

DSC_9063-L.jpg

I can’t recommend Cape May Cafe enough for the character breakfast, it’s definitely a much lower-key character breakfast option. And you even will sometimes have the characters come through a second time, which can make for some fun photos.

DSC_9080-L.jpg

DSC_9081-L.jpg

We finished up breakfast and headed outside.

DSC_9083-L.jpg

DSC_9086-L.jpg

DSC_9088-L.jpg

DSC_9089-L.jpg

DSC_9090-L.jpg

Where were we going? Epcot, of course!

DSC_9118-L.jpg

DSC_9119-L.jpg

DSC_9124-L.jpg

DSC_9131-L.jpg

We arrived here…

DSC_9133-L.jpg

… ready for our flight.

DSC_9134-L.jpg

DSC_9135-L.jpg

DSC_9137-L.jpg

DSC_9138-L.jpg

Then we headed across the park for some ground-based fun.

DSC_9143-L.jpg

DSC_9148-L.jpg

We didn’t stop at the design kiosks and instead went straight for the loading area.

DSC_9154-L.jpg

DSC_9158-L.jpg

DSC_9160-L.jpg

DSC_9164-L.jpg

DSC_9171-L.jpg

DSC_9176-L.jpg

DSC_9178-L.jpg

DSC_9180-L.jpg

DSC_9187-L.jpg

DSC_9199-L.jpg

It was time to head back to the World Showcase.

DSC_9206-L.jpg

Our first stop was the Mexican pavilion.

DSC_9209-L.jpg

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?

DSC_9212-L.jpg

DSC_9211-L.jpg

We continued our walking tour of the WS, it really was beautiful out.

DSC_9214-L.jpg

DSC_9215-L.jpg

Shockingly enough, it was time to eat again. We weren’t starving by any stretch, but we were looking forward to our lunch at Via Napoli, so we pressed ahead.

DSC_9223-L.jpg

DSC_9224-L.jpg

DSC_9226-L.jpg

We were very excited to find the Italian beer we’d tried at the Food and Wine Festival beer pairing lunch in October still on the menu.

DSC_9227-L.jpg

DSC_9228-L.jpg

We started with the risotto balls.

DSC_9229-L.jpg

And split a spicy Italian sausage pizza.

DSC_9230-L.jpg

We did a great job killing that gigantic bottle of beer, but I had some left in my glass at the end of lunch. Luckily, the yummy Italian waiter wouldn’t dream of letting me leave the beer behind, so he gave me a cup that I could sip and stroll with back to Boardwalk.

DSC_9231-L.jpg

We took our time making our way through the World Showcase, stopping to see the sights along the way.

DSC_9234-L.jpg

DSC_9236-L.jpg

DSC_9237-L.jpg

DSC_9244-L.jpg

DSC_9246-L.jpg

DSC_9248-L.jpg

DSC_9250-L.jpg

DSC_9251-L.jpg

DSC_9254-L.jpg

On our way back to Boardwalk, we took a quick selfie of ourselves in our favorite place. Man, I love that view of Boardwalk.

DSC_9301-L.jpg

It’s so hard to say goodbye, so we didn’t quite yet.

DSC_9304-L.jpg

DSC_9305-L.jpg

I stopped into the bakery to get a few last-minute treats for the trip home. Sniffle.

DSC_9308-L.jpg

And Franklin took the opportunity to photograph every inch of the Boardwalk.

DSC_9312-L.jpg

DSC_9313-L.jpg

DSC_9314-L.jpg

DSC_9316-L.jpg

DSC_9317-L.jpg

DSC_9318-L.jpg

DSC_9319-L.jpg

DSC_9320-L.jpg

DSC_9321-L.jpg

And suddenly, it was that time that all Disney lovers dread most: It was time to leave. How did we feel about it?

DSC_9323-L.jpg

We took off just as the sun set on Florida (and our trip). This made for some pretty spectacular views.

DSC_9325-L.jpg

DSC_9326-L.jpg

DSC_9329-L.jpg

DSC_9333-L.jpg

DSC_9334-L.jpg

And just a few episodes of “Snooki and J-Wow” later...

DSC_9338-L.jpg

… we were back in D.C., another fabulous Disney trip in the books!

DSC_9341-L.jpg

This was a fabulous vacation, filled with food, fun and lots of one-of-a-kind Disney moments. I’m so thankful that you all shared this trip with us, I love writing these trip reports (and I wouldn’t be able to write them if no one wanted to read them)! We have a few Disney trips coming up this year, so there’s lots more Disney and TR fun ahead. We leave for Florida in just 53 days! So if you’d like to follow along with our trip, or want to continue the fantastic Disney discussions we’ve started in this TR (or if you ever need trip planning help from Franklin and I), come join us at our Facebook page: The World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy. Until next time, friends!

:( aw it's all over

but

:banana:you're going again soon :goodvibes

Thanks for such a wonderful, picture filled, informative TR :thumbsup2

I loved reading along :)

GREAT trip report, as always! :) :)

I love living vicariously through your Disney trips! And of course, Franklin's pictures are an instant mood booster!

Love love love reading your TR's! Thanks to You and Franklin for the ok to use his stunning pics! Cant read about your May trip!

So, you mentioned BC ... which do you prefer? Boardwalk or BC??

aw, sad to see the trip come to an end, but thanks for writing up the TR - great job!

The boardwalk area is to pretty and photogenic ... though I can't help wish the Swalphin wasn't in the background to break up the scene a bit

Pretty good last day with what you got done though!

Can't wait for the next trip report!

:( aw it's all over

but

:banana:you're going again soon :goodvibes

Thanks for such a wonderful, picture filled, informative TR :thumbsup2

I loved reading along :)

It's always a little sad when a trip report ends, right? But luckily more Disney fun is right around the corner!

Thank you for reading along with us!

GREAT trip report, as always! :) :)

I love living vicariously through your Disney trips! And of course, Franklin's pictures are an instant mood booster!

Thanks Kel!

Love love love reading your TR's! Thanks to You and Franklin for the ok to use his stunning pics! Cant read about your May trip!

So, you mentioned BC ... which do you prefer? Boardwalk or BC??

Thanks for reading! I looooooove all the Epcot resorts. You can't make a bad choice among the three. And while Stormalong Bay is the better pool, my heart lies with Boardwalk.

I love the vibe of the resort -- blissfully quiet in the morning and hopping at night. And the decor is just gorgeous. Of all the Disney resorts we've stayed at, going to Boardwalk simply feels like going home to me.

Thanks for sharing!

You always seem to have such a magical time. My desk is all set up again (I had painted my room, so I took it apart and painted the desk too) so now my computer is ready for the notepad to write all your tips and tricks!

The breakfast looks like a lot of fun! You can tell just from the amount of people in the background of your photos that this meal is not as chaotic as some of the other character meals. Plus, they look adorable in their beach gear! :thumbsup2

It looks like you had some beautiful weather on your last day. :goodvibes Lots of sunshine for some gorgeous scenery.

So sad to see another one of your TRs end, but I'm ALWAYS ready for the next one!! :cutie:

Hi Missy!
I'm a newbie and I've never written a comment on any thread but after reading you TR I just HAVE to!!
Your TR made me so happy and each photo made me say OH MY GOD!! I want Franklin to teach me his photographic tricks.
Your photos are the BEST!! ...truly Amazing! The colors, the light, everything...Congrats!

ANd you also made me want to become a DVC member...I will look into it!

Thank you for sharing!

So sad it's over. :sad:
And I finished mine as well. Time to go into Disney withdrawal!!
Loved the photos at the Boardwalk. That is going to be my next stay! At least I am hopeful for that. I will be renting points from one of my docs at work. But he owns at Bay Lake and Grand Californian. So I won't be able to book until 7 months out. Hoping that there will still be some availability by then.

Enjoyed your TR and ALL of Franklin's photos. Thanks so much for sharing all of them with us.

Until next time.....

sniff, sniff. Last days at Disney are the saddest :sad: But glad to see it was still a wonderful day and you all got to have two more great meals till you head home. We LOVE Cape May Cafe too! I was so glad I booked it on our last trip. We got so much attention from the characters! It was great!! Well thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading more trip reports from you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter