A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World Updated 3/27!

Great updates as usual!

Hmmm... Meals at all 3 parks... Where would I go? If I stayed with the same order of parks, I would have a cheese pizza at Pizzafari to start with (I don't know why but I love that Pizza!), then at Epcot something from Les Chefs de France or from Via Napoli, then at DHS I would get some ice cream and then a Citrus Swirl from MK. Pizza and ice cream, I love it! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the in-depth KTTK tour descriptions! Hubs and I thought we'd do it during our Disneymoon since we had APs and wouldn't feel as if we "wasted" a day on our tickets, but we were just too tired after the wedding to even think of it. I would still love to see the utilidors and hear about more behind-the-scenes stuff, but for right now, it doesn't seem as if it's going to happen. You gave me the opportunity to experience it from the comfort of my apt! And while sitting, haha. My favorite thing was hearing your tour guide's reason as to why Walt is pointing in the Partners statue.

I salute you for four parks in one day! I'm lucky if we can handle two! If we had to choose our meals in the parks though, we'd definitely be sticking with our favorite counter service restaurants. For me, that would mean the lighthouse sandwich from CHH, ribs and onions rings from Flame Tree, beet salad OR tuna noodle salad from Sunshine Seasons, and the buffalo chicken sandwich from Studio Catering Co. They're not crazily complex meals, but they're so satisfying to me! And yes, I'd totally find a way to eat all FOUR meals in one day if we could! We always split the ribs, so 3.5 meals in one day (after having a light granola bar breakfast) would be perfect! The cooler weather just makes it so much easier to enjoy food too!

Great updates in your 4 parks in a day so far.

AKL: Yum, Boma breakfast. I have only been once, but, YUM! I love the elevators with the giraffes etched on the door.

The safari pictures are, of course, great. I have seen the giraffes in the open, but never in the tall grass. Neat! The baby elephants are way too cute! And what an amazing picture of the cheetah out in the open. They are usually so hidden away.

I guess they really like it when it is a little cooler.

Mark and I used to go to Disney at off times- late Jan/early Feb, but now with the boys we have only been in the summer. I am not sure I have ever felt "cool" in Animal Kingdom.

HS:

OK, need to know, what time did you get there and how long was the wait time?

EP:

Cute character photos :goodvibes

It has been a couple of years since we have dined at Le Cellier, but it still looks fantastic. You are right about the cramped seating though.

One should never pass up an opportunity to travel our Spaceship Earth!

I love your " Dream Meal Lineup" Question Even the boys played along.

Dee
Breakfast: Kona, Lunch: BOG even though I've never been, Dinner: La Hacienda

Ben
Breakfast: Boma, Lunch: Sci Fi, Dinner: Ohana (I know you are happy to hear that)

Nate
Breakfast: Kona, Lunch: Captain's Grille, Dinner: Le Cellier

I'll check with Mark when he gets home, but I would bet dollars to donuts that La Hacienda will be his dinner choice.

ETA, Mark:

Breakfast: Didn't care- "I think I prefer buffets, so maybe the one that you and Ben liked" (Boma)
Lunch: Doesn't matter- "The one we go to at Magic Kingdom" (Columbia Harbor House)
Dinner: La Hacienda (Told you! )

Loved the update!! You didn't do too bad hitting headliners in the 1st 2 parks. Your dinner looked really good at Le Cellier! Can't wait to hear how the evening went.

Meals at 4 parks, hmmm. Well, I think I like your start at Boma and AK. I think I would do lunch at Columbia HH in MK and dinner at Via Napoli in Epcot and close out the night with a ride on TSM and some sort of snack at the Studios.

Beaverdom on TSM! That is the sad story of my life!:rotfl: Never better than a Beaver! (maybe once, with help from my co-pilot)

Mmmmmm, I like your meal choices. I'd probably grab a carrot cake cookie from Starring Rolls for dessert to round out your excellent food day! :thumbsup2

OK Missy any chance you and Franklin would adopt me??? Seriously :rotfl2:
I'm loving the way you tour and even more the way you eat lol

Jan looks like a really great time to visit-sunny yet cool and empty parks -what's not to love :goodvibes

My favourite breakfast in park would have to be Crystal Palace because , well my name probably says it all and the food is gorgeous. I also like the idea of getting in early to MK but I am the proud mother of a teenager and have been for 11yrs now (my kids are spread out- 24yrs, 16yrs and birthday boy 7 today) so I haven't done this in at least 12 years :lmao:

Lunch would probably be Via Napoli and dinner would definitely be The Yachtsman Steakhouse. Without a doubt the best meal I've ever had though I also like Mama Melroses "for old times sake" and love Kevin the waiter there :) He wasn't there the last time we were so could be he has moved on :(

We're always willing to bring anyone on our trips with us, come on the next one! We loved late January in the parks, it was so pretty and so peaceful!

I love your four-park meal plan. We haven't tried Mama Melrose, what did you like to eat there?

Breakfast looks so good!! That waffle on Franklin's plate had me drooling.

4 parks in 1 day! :cool1: Can't wait to see what all y'all are able to accomplish in each one.

AK at rope drop never seems to be really crowded. But that's good for y'all to be able to get a couple of things done pretty quickly.

Great safari photos! That baby elephant is so freaking adorable!

Maybe DHS next?

Breakfast was as good as it looked! :rotfl2: That baby elephant was cuter than words.

Great updates as usual!

Hmmm... Meals at all 3 parks... Where would I go? If I stayed with the same order of parks, I would have a cheese pizza at Pizzafari to start with (I don't know why but I love that Pizza!), then at Epcot something from Les Chefs de France or from Via Napoli, then at DHS I would get some ice cream and then a Citrus Swirl from MK. Pizza and ice cream, I love it! :rotfl2:

Thank you! I know some people dislike Le Chefs de France, but we've had a couple of excellent meals there. We really like it! Ice cream AND citrus swirl? I like your style!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the in-depth KTTK tour descriptions! Hubs and I thought we'd do it during our Disneymoon since we had APs and wouldn't feel as if we "wasted" a day on our tickets, but we were just too tired after the wedding to even think of it. I would still love to see the utilidors and hear about more behind-the-scenes stuff, but for right now, it doesn't seem as if it's going to happen. You gave me the opportunity to experience it from the comfort of my apt! And while sitting, haha. My favorite thing was hearing your tour guide's reason as to why Walt is pointing in the Partners statue.

I salute you for four parks in one day! I'm lucky if we can handle two! If we had to choose our meals in the parks though, we'd definitely be sticking with our favorite counter service restaurants. For me, that would mean the lighthouse sandwich from CHH, ribs and onions rings from Flame Tree, beet salad OR tuna noodle salad from Sunshine Seasons, and the buffalo chicken sandwich from Studio Catering Co. They're not crazily complex meals, but they're so satisfying to me! And yes, I'd totally find a way to eat all FOUR meals in one day if we could! We always split the ribs, so 3.5 meals in one day (after having a light granola bar breakfast) would be perfect! The cooler weather just makes it so much easier to enjoy food too!

KTTK is definitely worth trying someday. Luckily, I don't think MK is going anywhere, so you have plenty of time. ;)

Flame Tree BBQ, now you have me drooling!

Great updates in your 4 parks in a day so far.

AKL: Yum, Boma breakfast. I have only been once, but, YUM! I love the elevators with the giraffes etched on the door.

The safari pictures are, of course, great. I have seen the giraffes in the open, but never in the tall grass. Neat! The baby elephants are way too cute! And what an amazing picture of the cheetah out in the open. They are usually so hidden away.

I guess they really like it when it is a little cooler.

Mark and I used to go to Disney at off times- late Jan/early Feb, but now with the boys we have only been in the summer. I am not sure I have ever felt "cool" in Animal Kingdom.

It was a little disconcerting to feel cool at AK. It's usually so hot, even when it's not that hot outside. But on an otherwise brisk morning, it was lovely to wander through the park without dripping in sweat.

HS:

OK, need to know, what time did you get there and how long was the wait time?

TSM was one of the attractions where we stooped to using my Guest Assistance Card. Otherwise, we would have started the four-park journey at DHS to ride TSM first thing in the morning.

EP:

Cute character photos :goodvibes

It has been a couple of years since we have dined at Le Cellier, but it still looks fantastic. You are right about the cramped seating though.

One should never pass up an opportunity to travel our Spaceship Earth!

Le Cellier is still really good. We've yet to have a bad meal there.

I love your " Dream Meal Lineup" Question Even the boys played along.

Dee
Breakfast: Kona, Lunch: BOG even though I've never been, Dinner: La Hacienda

Ben
Breakfast: Boma, Lunch: Sci Fi, Dinner: Ohana (I know you are happy to hear that)

Nate
Breakfast: Kona, Lunch: Captain's Grille, Dinner: Le Cellier

I'll check with Mark when he gets home, but I would bet dollars to donuts that La Hacienda will be his dinner choice.

ETA, Mark:

Breakfast: Didn't care- "I think I prefer buffets, so maybe the one that you and Ben liked" (Boma)
Lunch: Doesn't matter- "The one we go to at Magic Kingdom" (Columbia Harbor House)
Dinner: La Hacienda (Told you! )

I love the diversity of your group's choices. I'd have a hard time choosing between Kona and Boma. I think maybe Boma gets a slight edge from me. I love that you'd go outside your CHH box to try BOG! And Mark's responses cracked me up! :lmao:

Quick trip report break. Franklin and I wanted to share a new project we’ve just gotten underway. Many people over the past few years have asked us how they can follow us on our Disney adventures. There’s Missy and Franklin’s individual Facebook pages and Missy and Franklin’s twitter accounts. But we felt we wanted to do more, we wanted a better way to connect with our Disney friends.

So we’ve created the “World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy” page on Facebook.

DSC_6457-L.jpg

What’s the page for? Many, many things! It’s a community page where we can share trip report links with all of you. But more importantly, it’s a place where we can discuss trip planning and all things Disney with our favorite people, you! And if you guys have questions, feel free to ask them on the page. Want to know the camera settings Franklin uses for his Illuminations photos? Just ask! Can’t decide between ‘Ohana and 1900 Park Fare, throw the question out there. We’ll weigh in and so will all our fabulous Disney friends.

I hope the page becomes a place where Disney lovers want to hang out. So come on by and like the page if you enjoy what you see. Hope to see you over there, friends!

Love the page-thanks for the link :goodvibes

Always end up having the bruschetta, followed by the pepperoni flatbread, followed by cannoli in mama melroses :thumbsup2

My husband tries something different each time - think some sort of vodka pasta thing was his favourite and the teenager loves the steak though it's not in the same category as the Yachtsman but neither is the price :rotfl:

Love the atmosphere, servers have always been friendly and often we've met with friends and everyone has had a brilliant time even my fussiest youngest child proclaims their "crusty" (Irish term for bread with crispy crust)to be the best :rotfl:

Hi! :wave2: I'm a little late to the party - I just came across your TR! I've only read up to your PTC lunch, but I wanted to pop in and say how much I'm loving it so far!

We were there at the same time! It looks like we were in MK on the same day, so I'm looking forward to going through your pics to see if we are in the background in any of them. :rotfl2:

My DH also has Crohn's disease. His is very mild, so he doesn't have a whole lot of restrictions, which I am grateful for.

Anyway, I"m going back to reading now!

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I was only kidding about looking for us in your pics, but we were there!!! In your pics from Enchanted Tales with Belle! The little girl in the Cinderella dress who was Phillipe the horse??? THAT'S MY GRACIE! My youngest DS's elbow is in the picture too, off to the left, along with the brim of his hat. Too funny!! :cheer2:

Welcome back friends! We last left off with three parks checked off our four-park itinerary. We’d spent the morning at Animal Kingdom, the afternoon at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and did dinner at Le Cellier at Epcot. We hopped to Magic Kingdom for a little night time entertainment.

With our Main Street Electrical Parade spot picked out, I guarded the bags and tripod while Franklin went to get us a funnel cake to split. He got back a few minutes before the parade started.

DSC_8231-L.jpg

DSC_8224-L.jpg

DSC_8237-L.jpg

DSC_8240-L.jpg

DSC_8247-L.jpg

DSC_8251-L.jpg

Oh, hi Prince Charming!

DSC_8258-L.jpg

DSC_8265-L.jpg

DSC_8267-L.jpg

DSC_8276-L.jpg

DSC_8286-L.jpg

Then it was time for Celebrate the Magic.

DSC_8293-L.jpg

DSC_8310-L.jpg

DSC_8313-L.jpg

DSC_8319-L.jpg

DSC_8325-L.jpg

DSC_8331-L.jpg

DSC_8333-L.jpg

DSC_8344-L.jpg

DSC_8369-L.jpg

DSC_8377-L.jpg

DSC_8387-L.jpg

DSC_8397-L.jpg

And then the most magical way to cap a fun four-park day, Wishes!

DSC_8404-L.jpg

DSC_8408-L.jpg

DSC_8412-L.jpg

DSC_8414-L.jpg

DSC_8423-L.jpg

DSC_8426-L.jpg

DSC_8427-L.jpg

DSC_8433-L.jpg

DSC_8437-L.jpg

DSC_8441-L.jpg

DSC_8445-L.jpg

DSC_8447-L.jpg

A beautiful way to end the evening. And for the record, how many parks was that in one day?

DSC_8455-L.jpg

That’s right, all four! We snuggled up next to each other, staring at the castle. We hung out for a bit, letting all the people who had lined Main Street make their way to the exit.

DSC_8457-L.jpg

We were both craving something sweet, so we stopped in the Confectionary.

DSC_8458-L.jpg

Then it was back to the monorail.

DSC_8459-L.jpg

DSC_8461-L.jpg

DSC_8470-L.jpg

DSC_8475-L.jpg

DSC_8495-L.jpg

DSC_8497-L.jpg

Back at Boardwalk after our long day…

DSC_8502-L.jpg

… we enjoyed our sweet treats.

DSC_8498-L.jpg

And I had one other task to accomplish before heading to bed, unpacking the shopping bags that had been delivered.

DSC_8499-L.jpg

Have I mentioned that I have a Disney shopping problem? That’s where we’ll end for now. How many parks have you packed into one day before? Anyone try four parks?

Somehow I missed that you had already gone to DHS and Epcot when I made my guess that you went to DHS after AK. So I guess in a way I was right, but you had already posted the pics! :rotfl:

Anyway...

I can't believe how empty DHS was! I love days like that in the parks where you can literally walk onto one attraction after the next.

Never done 4 parks in one day, but I was pretty impressed with ourselves that we managed 3 parks in one day twice on our last trip!

More beautiful pictures! I just want to thank you again for sharing such great photos as well as your reports. I can't wait for our first stay at BWV! And also looking forward to dinner at BOG. I shared your report with my daughter and now she is even more hooked than ever. I hope she can concentrate on her classes for the next month before our first ever spring break trip. Can't wait for so many firsts this trip with F & G festival at the top of the list.

Still here! Amazed by Franklin's pictures, as usual! Four parks in one day is a lot of fun, huh? I might have to do that again.

Those fireworks photos are just breathtakingly beautiful!

Don't you love those light crowds in late January?

I've never done four parks in one day. Two is the most, but I'm tempted to try it now!

Love all the Disney bags delivered to the room! Wish I could do some Disney shopping today!

Great update and what a busy day! And amazing firework pictures from Franklin as usual. I have never tried 4 parks in all in one day and not sure if I have the stamina to try. I get so excited with all the things to do, I get too distracted to leave! Do you think you guys with pull a 4 park day again?

Somehow I missed that you had already gone to DHS and Epcot when I made my guess that you went to DHS after AK. So I guess in a way I was right, but you had already posted the pics! :rotfl:

Anyway...

I can't believe how empty DHS was! I love days like that in the parks where you can literally walk onto one attraction after the next.

Never done 4 parks in one day, but I was pretty impressed with ourselves that we managed 3 parks in one day twice on our last trip!

No worries! Three parks in one day, twice! Now that is impressive. We loved the crowd level on this trip. It's pretty rare to find any days where the parks feel empty anymore, we got really lucky on this trip.

More beautiful pictures! I just want to thank you again for sharing such great photos as well as your reports. I can't wait for our first stay at BWV! And also looking forward to dinner at BOG. I shared your report with my daughter and now she is even more hooked than ever. I hope she can concentrate on her classes for the next month before our first ever spring break trip. Can't wait for so many firsts this trip with F & G festival at the top of the list.

You are welcome! Your BWV trip is coming up soon, I cannot wait to hear what you think of BWV. Though I know you're going to love it. :love:

I sometimes lose myself in trip reports while at work. I'll read some while eating my lunch. It's silly, but it makes me feel like I'm eating at Disney. It's a great escape, so I know how your daughter feels!

Still here! Amazed by Franklin's pictures, as usual! Four parks in one day is a lot of fun, huh? I might have to do that again.

Glad you're still around! I definitely recommend giving four parks another shot!

Wow! I have done 3 parks, but not four. What a lovely ending, Wishes! I love, love, love Wishes!

It was simply perfection to end such a fun day with Wishes. One of those perfect Disney moments.

Those fireworks photos are just breathtakingly beautiful!

Don't you love those light crowds in late January?

I've never done four parks in one day. Two is the most, but I'm tempted to try it now!

We looooove the crowds in late January. There's just no other time like it (except may September, but I'd rather have to wear a sweatshirt than sweat to death :rotfl2:)

Love all the Disney bags delivered to the room! Wish I could do some Disney shopping today!

I have a bit of a Disney shopping problem and I'm not ashamed to admit it. ;)

Great update and what a busy day! And amazing firework pictures from Franklin as usual. I have never tried 4 parks in all in one day and not sure if I have the stamina to try. I get so excited with all the things to do, I get too distracted to leave! Do you think you guys with pull a 4 park day again?

It was actually less exhausting than I thought it would be. We thought it was fun to pick just a couple of things to do in each park. No cramming things in. Just a nice, leisurely day. But with lots of different backdrops! :thumbsup2

Welcome back friends, we last left off with a four-park-in-one-day extravaganza! We slept in a smidge the next day, but still managed to make it to Magic Kingdom before lunch!

DSC_8504-L.jpg

Another blissfully low-crowd day at Disney.

We stopped for a quick photo on the way to Tomorrowland.

DSC_8507-L.jpg

I could give you a million guesses for which attraction we started with that morning and I don’t think any of you would get there. It was a chilly morning, so we chose an attraction we hadn’t been on that week and one that would keep us indoors for a good bit of time.

DSC_8512-L.jpg

Yep, we started our day with the MK classic, The Carousel of Progress. And we were the only ones in the theater. Everyone sing with me… “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!”

DSC_8514-L.jpg

DSC_8519-L.jpg

DSC_8522-L.jpg

DSC_8524-L.jpg

DSC_8527-L.jpg

DSC_8528-L.jpg

DSC_8531-L.jpg

DSC_8532-L.jpg

We saw our favorite Space Ranger was meeting guests, so we hopped in the very short line next.

He liked my Belle sweatshirt!

i-86qCbLW-L.jpg

i-2b8r2bH-L.jpg

You can’t meet Buzz Lightyear and then NOT go help him defeat the evil Emperor Zurg!

DSC_8540-L.jpg

DSC_8541-L.jpg

And who won this little showdown?

DSC_8544-L.jpg

Missy wins! Missy wins by a lot!

DSC_8542-L.jpg

We decided to keep up the space theme, this time adding a mountain! We had a little bit of fun with the ride photo.

DSC01105-L.jpg

It was time for lunch. And apparently, Franklin was starving because he ordered corndog nuggets, a chilli cheese dog and two orders of fries just for him! I had the other corndog nuggets and fries.

DSC_8552-L.jpg

This might have been the most chilly day of the trip. So when we headed for Adventureland, we grabbed hot drinks. I had a hot tea and Franklin had hot chocolate.

DSC_8553-L.jpg

With our bellies full and our bodies warmed up, it was time for a sail on the high seas.

DSC_8554-L.jpg

DSC_8556-L.jpg

DSC_8565-L.jpg

DSC_8571-L.jpg

DSC_8577-L.jpg

DSC_8578-L.jpg

DSC_8579-L.jpg

DSC_8590-L.jpg

DSC_8593-L.jpg

DSC_8594-L.jpg

We were headed in the direction of Big Thunder Mountain next, but as we passed Splash, we saw just how much of a refurb it was getting.

DSC_8598-L.jpg

DSC_8597-L.jpg

When we got to BTM, we saw the dreaded pink shirt brigade clogging up the FP and standby line, so we did an about face.

DSC_8600-L.jpg

We made our way back across the park to Fantasyland. We can fly, we can fly, we can flyyyyyy! Franklin got a couple of really cool detail shots on Peter Pan.

DSC_8607-L.jpg

DSC_8608-L.jpg

DSC_8619-L.jpg

DSC_8622-L.jpg

DSC_8626-L.jpg

Since we were right there, we stopped into Mickey’s Philharmagic. Voices ready?

DSC_8628-L.jpg

DSC_8629-L.jpg

DSC_8630-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter