A Double Dose of Disney Fun-2 Pre-Trip Reports in 1!

Cute pic of little Ellie in her "Jessie" hat! :cutie:

Thanks!

Very cute. She is definitely ready for Toy Story 3!
We don't have hats, but we're ready for it, too! :woohoo:
I wish we all lived close enough to get together and fill a theater with Dis-crazies to watch it. :goodvibes

Man, that would be fun!! Oh, although we got the hats at the show, I did see them at the Disney outlet store when I was there after Christmas. I know one of the stores close to you is closing but maybe there or at Opry Mills you could find them. MUCH cheaper at the store than what I paid at the show!;)

Love the hat! That will be perfect for movie day! Very cute pooch too, even if he did wake you up. Ours does that regularly! You gotta love 'em though! :lovestruc

Yep, I love my fur baby. He's my buddy for sure!

CUTE CUTE CUTE picture in the hat!!!:cutie:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Awww! Your dog is so cute! We have a golden retreiver who woke us up TWICE on Sunday night(techically Monday morning) to go to the bathroom. The first time she didn't go. She just wanted to play :rolleyes: And then on Wednesday night she was snoring a lot and all of a sudden she made a really weird cow-like sound in her sleep :rotfl:

Awww! Your dog is so cute! We have a golden retreiver who woke us up TWICE on Sunday night(techically Monday morning) to go to the bathroom. The first time she didn't go. She just wanted to play :rolleyes: And then on Wednesday night she was snoring a lot and all of a sudden she made a really weird cow-like sound in her sleep :rotfl:

Gotta love those fur friends! Mine has done the wake up early and want to play before but he's learned in his young life that this equals a not happy momma so he only wakes me if he REALLY needs to go!!;)

I know for many, snow is a nuisance. A few days from now, it will be for me too but today? Today it is FAB!:thumbsup2

I got up at 6 like a little kid to peek outside and see if it snowed. Let the dog out and watched and laughed as he played-it's his first snow! By 8 both kids were up and my DH took them outside. I had gotten snow pants on clearance at Wal-Mart because we are supposed to be going tubing (well, DH, Ben, and DSIL. Ellie and I are just going along.) Anywho, they came in handy for today.
With the wind, it is really cold and Ellie is the only one with boots so they didn't stay out long. Then I went outside with them a few hours later. Fun!!

Here's the front of our house.
IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Down the street
IMG_0686.jpg

Look, no grass in the footprint! (Usually the snow doesn't even cover the grass:rolleyes:)
IMG_0701.jpg

The pool looks like a lake.
IMG_0690.jpg

Kids, and pooch, at play!
IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Right now the wind is blowing a bunch so we're staying in for a while. There is still some light snow but it's hard to tell with the wind. My guess is we have about 6 inches. I'm hoping that it will freeze up tonight and we might get to go sledding tomorrow!

Wow, you got more than we did. It looks pretty thick! You're right, it is so cold with the wind that we had to come in too. We've been out twice and that's all I can take for today. Maybe we'll all get to enjoy it more tomorrow, like you said.

Your neighborhood looks beautiful all covered in snow. It is so quiet and serene outside after a snowfall, even in a neighborhood that is usually bustling! :cloud9:

Hi Stacy! I followed you from Rinky Tinky's TR! I am NOT a teacher however, so please let me stay!! ;)

Love the plans! Lucky two trips!! That DVC man, I should have done that years ago! Not that I had any more $ then either. HA!
I am also quite fond of Sorcerer Mickey! On one of my first trips we had seen a little plush one at DHS and didn't buy it. I wanted it, so I had to look everywhere and then realized he wa only at DHS (MGM then). Yup, we went back. Fast forward about 10 years. My kids' school had a "pet adoption" at the fair - stuffed animals for $1 or $2. Guess what I found??? Yes, a Sorcerer Mickey. I now have 2!

Your snow looks good!! Nice and deep for angels! Enjoy. I'm sure it won't last as long as it does here. (we haven't lost but an inch or two since Christmas)

Wow - you got quite a bit of snow! We got much more than we are used to as well and the boys have been having a ball the last two days.

Love those pics of your kiddos playing in the snow - they look like they are having so much fun :thumbsup2

WOW---look at all the snow you got! Looks like so much fun.....to see! I'm not one for getting out in the cold---hurts my bones! ;)

I guess I've given up ever getting to experience that much snow first hand , living here in Alabama. You know we get excited when the weather-man says "SNOW FLURRIES!!" :laughing:

Wow, you got more than we did. It looks pretty thick! You're right, it is so cold with the wind that we had to come in too. We've been out twice and that's all I can take for today. Maybe we'll all get to enjoy it more tomorrow, like you said.

Your neighborhood looks beautiful all covered in snow. It is so quiet and serene outside after a snowfall, even in a neighborhood that is usually bustling! :cloud9:

I just love how everything looks after a snowfall too!! It's so pretty!
Ellie ended up going out in it again. Girl is crazy! But she had a blast so that's all that matters I guess!
Our final total was around 6 inches. Most we've had in many years!

Hi Stacy! I followed you from Rinky Tinky's TR! I am NOT a teacher however, so please let me stay!! ;)

Love the plans! Lucky two trips!! That DVC man, I should have done that years ago! Not that I had any more $ then either. HA!
I am also quite fond of Sorcerer Mickey! On one of my first trips we had seen a little plush one at DHS and didn't buy it. I wanted it, so I had to look everywhere and then realized he wa only at DHS (MGM then). Yup, we went back. Fast forward about 10 years. My kids' school had a "pet adoption" at the fair - stuffed animals for $1 or $2. Guess what I found??? Yes, a Sorcerer Mickey. I now have 2!

Your snow looks good!! Nice and deep for angels! Enjoy. I'm sure it won't last as long as it does here. (we haven't lost but an inch or two since Christmas)

Hi Sheree!! I am glad that you came over!:dance3: I just left a post on your TR. Still don't know how I got unsubscribed.

Yep, this is my lucky year. When all is said and done, 2010 will be 3 trips for us as we have nailed down our December dates. Now I just gotta call on Monday and hopefully get the reservation.:santa: DVC is definitely the way to go! We won't be going like this once we just have our regular points though-it's only this year that we have double.

Our snow will probably be gone by the end of the week. Rain and highs in the 50's. While I wish we got it a little more often, I don't want it too often because I think it loses it's fun and magic!

Wow - you got quite a bit of snow! We got much more than we are used to as well and the boys have been having a ball the last two days.

Love those pics of your kiddos playing in the snow - they look like they are having so much fun :thumbsup2

Thanks Michelle! The kids did have a blast today and I think tomorrow will be fun too since the sun will be out. I'm hoping to get some sledding in if we can find a hill big enough!

WOW---look at all the snow you got! Looks like so much fun.....to see! I'm not one for getting out in the cold---hurts my bones! ;)

I guess I've given up ever getting to experience that much snow first hand , living here in Alabama. You know we get excited when the weather-man says "SNOW FLURRIES!!" :laughing:

I didn't stay out long, let me tell you! We just don't have the clothing for it. Ellie was out the longest as she was the only one whose toes weren't freezing (I got her boots on clearance). Those snowpants were a saving grace too!

That's how we usually are-thrilled with a dusting or an inch if we are lucky. When I went to put the pictures up on Facebook I saw my pictures from last January. The kids out making *grass* angels in the dusting we got! :rotfl:

Yesterday the sky was such a pretty blue and everything looked so peaceful. It was still bitter cold but we headed out once again into the snow.
The dog likes to eat the snow
DSC_0129.jpg

John and Ben all bundled up.
DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

The cat ventured out onto the porch but didn't stay long!
DSC_0137.jpg

We put the kids to work with the shovel.
[
DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

My poor daffodils had actually started to bloom. Ellie felt bad for the plants and started to clear the snow away from them.
DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Later in the afternoon we headed to John's parent's house (a mile or so up the road) for sledding and dinner. They have a great hill and we had a blast. Please forgive the pic of my X-Large bottom:scared:
DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

It was really great fun. Ben stayed out there going up and down until he was a popsicle.
Shopping pictures in the next post!

What a pretty day you guys had! We have yet to see the sun here - still gloomy and cold :sad2:

I think that is just too precious that Ellie was worried about the plants :goodvibes

How about an actual Disney related post?!? Okie doke-and it's got one of my favorite themes-shopping!!
Last year I made a bunch of t-shirts for the kids and myself. I had a blast combing the Disign threads and finding such fun, great things. This year, I just don't have the time to get them done before April (I made most of them last year during spring break) so I have been buying shirts whenever I find them for a good price. We went to a big outlet mall over Christmas break and I got some there and just ordered some from Disney shopping last week. My order came in so I took pictures of everything I bought.
Lots of shirts for me and the kids. John doesn't really do character t-shirts but he has agreed to a Grumpy shirt so I am on the hunt for just the right one. The Grumpy below is one that Ben picked out for himself.
Pooh Bear ones for me and Ellie at our CP breakfast.
[
DSC_0203.jpg

Some for Ben. I love that Grumpy says "I've got my eye on you"
DSC_0204.jpg

Something about this angry Mickey appealed to me. It's right up Ben's alley.
DSC_0205.jpg

A pink Mickey for me and Minnie for Ellie.
DSC_0206.jpg

A Tink for me with my new journal.
DSC_0207.jpg

These stockings were something I eyed all season long. I won't replace our regular stockings but I think I'll use them to put stuff in for our December trip and give them to the kids Christmas Day. Maybe new sweatshirts and gift cards and whatever else I find.
By the way, I booked that trip today!:banana: December 26-31st. I hadn't decided if I was going to tell the kids or not but I did. I can only do one secret!!
DSC_0208.jpg

What a pretty day you guys had! We have yet to see the sun here - still gloomy and cold :sad2:

I think that is just too precious that Ellie was worried about the plants :goodvibes

Oh man, no sun?? That would drive me bananas. It was beautiful again today here. The kids and I ventured out for lunch at the mall and a quick Wally world trip. The roads are better but expected to freeze up again tonight. We are out of school again tomorrow.

She really has such a kind heart towards plants and animals. Not to say that she doesn't like people, because she does, IF she knows them. She is so very shy (debilitatingly so sometimes but getting better) and I guess with plants and animals there's no worries!

Just caught up! Love the Jessie hat, I think I need one!
Looks like you had a blast in the snow, we have a bunch too, Baylor played out in it some after school but we had basketball on Saturday so no chance then and yesterday we were just too tired to do anything...
We booked for Christmas today too, we MUST plan a DIS meet!

. John doesn't really do character t-shirts but he has agreed to a Grumpy shirt so I am on the hunt for just the right one.

I just ordered one from DisneyOutlet this past Sunday---It was under the "New Arrival" section. Seems like it was $5.99. It's a suprise for DH for our May trip! :laughing:

. These stockings were something I eyed all season long.

DSC_0208.jpg

I got these too at the first of the month. I really wanted the Pluto one for my puggie, but it was already gone!

.By the way, I booked that trip today!:banana: December 26-31st. I hadn't decided if I was going to tell the kids or not but I did. I can only do one secret!!

Ooohhhh---I'm a little jealous! :jumping2: If you read my TR report from my DD's 16th birthday trip, you know we were there for NYE last month. It was AMAZING!!!::yes:: You'll have a fantastic time!

By the way, I booked that trip today!:banana: December 26-31st.

That's exciting!
Do you have to leave before NYE fireworks? They are pretty awesome!

Those multiple trips are dangerous!!! After a year or two of a bunch of trips, you start going crazy after a 3-4 month period of time with no Disney. At least that's how it is with me.

I enjoyed the snow pictures. Sleds around here have been getting a lot of use this week, too.

Your snow pictures are just wonderful! What fun. We went sledding yesterday too. We walked WAY down to the end of the farm where there's a big hill and I pulled out the camera only to realize there was no memory card in it! :mad: No way was I walking back to get it. So glad you are smarter than me and you got good pictures.

Loved all your purchases! My DH isn't crazy about the t-shirts either but he did wear the ones I made last year without complaining. Those stocking are way too cute! Great idea to take them for gifts! And congrats on booking a trip. So exciting!:thumbsup2

Just caught up! Love the Jessie hat, I think I need one!
Looks like you had a blast in the snow, we have a bunch too, Baylor played out in it some after school but we had basketball on Saturday so no chance then and yesterday we were just too tired to do anything...
We booked for Christmas today too, we MUST plan a DIS meet!

Sign me up for the DIS meet!:banana::dance3: What are your dates for Christmas? Are you staying BCV?

The snow has been fun. Now it needs to go! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter