"A Family Gun was used in the Shootings"

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they didn't know he was troubled...I'm sure the week before the shootings at Columbine those boys' parents wouldn't have thought their kids were troubled... :sad2:

chadfromdallas said:
Clearly avoidable. I hope the parents get jail time.

Well seeing as he killed his mom and it seems dad wasn't in the picture I don't think that's possible.

HomeSweetDisney said:
Well seeing as he killed his mom and it seems dad wasn't in the picture I don't think that's possible.

If there wasn't a gun there in the first place...

That's right, no one was ever killed before the inventions of guns.

chadfromdallas said:

So every parent that owns a gun should get jail time? :confused3 They clearly didn't know their child was troubled and the people in town said they seemed like a happy, normal family.

chadfromdallas said:
He may have used a blunt object and hit her in the back of the head,

or

He may have gotten a knife out of the kitchen,

or

He could have drowned her in the bath tub,

or

He could have put rat poison in her Cherrios,

or....

Figment said:
That's right, no one was ever killed before the inventions of guns.

What do you think the 9 yo would've done? Run over her with his car? Beaten her to death? I think not

HomeSweetDisney said:
So every parent that owns a gun should get jail time? :confused3 They clearly didn't know their child was troubled and the people in town said they seemed like a happy, normal family.

Exclude that jail part ;)

HomeSweetDisney said:

I guess I've resorted to quoting myself :confused3

Caradana said:
What do you think the 9 yo would've done? Run over her with his car? Beaten her to death? I think not

Thank you for your thoughts, but you have no idea what else the 9 yo old would have done. Mrs. Kreamer, as morose as the list is, has a few possibilities. Disturbed people kill in many ways other than firearms. I don't own a gun. I have thought about getting one, but I am on the fence. I have 3 young girls, & I am always aware of the possibility of an accident. But, I was brought up around them, without incident. Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem.

Figment said:
But, I was brought up around them, without incident. Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem.

That's the key, people who were brought up with them tend to have a different attitude, I suppose. Troubled people are the problem, and when you combine a troubled person with a gun ...

Three girls in the house. I hope like hell that you lock up that gun.

Figment said:
Thank you for your thoughts, but you have no idea what else the 9 yo old would have done. Mrs. Kreamer, as morose as the list is, has a few possibilities. Disturbed people kill in many ways other than firearms. I don't own a gun. I have thought about getting one, but I am on the fence. I have 3 young girls, & I am always aware of the possibility of an accident. But, I was brought up around them, without incident. Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem.
I can understand blaming the gun if this were an accidental shooting. Then I would have blamed the parents more so then the gun. Obviously this kid had issues to kill his mom, write a note and then kill himself. I still blame the parent(s) somewhat for not seeking help for their child. Obviously we don't know the whole story if that guy said that the kid seemed not to have any problems.

Caradana said:
Three girls in the house. I hope like hell that you lock up that gun.

like i said, i do not have one. if id did, it would be locked up. my father never locked his up, but he used good parenting skills. I know it sounds silly, but good parenting usually does the trick. There are, OF COURSE, exceptions, but an active, engaged, and disciplining parent usually means no such problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter