A few ? about kind of shirts to use

Befferk

Love your life and count your blessings!
I am new here and have a few questions. I have some designs worked up for our May '06 trip (I use PSP 8), so now I am looking at shirts to buy. I have no idea what kind to get. Sorry if these are questions you have heard a 100 times :guilty:

1. Which is better/pros vs. cons of 50/50 or 100% cotton?

2. I am looking at blankshirtstore.com and I am wondering what is the difference between "heavyweight cotton", "ultra cotton", and what is the "Beefy-T"? Should I be avoiding any of these for use with the transfers?

Thanks!
:wizard: Beth

I can answer one of the questions:

for either tye dying or iron on transfers you want to use the closest to 100% cotton that you can...this coming from a friend in the tshirt business. He also said heavyweight is better....didn't think to ask him why...sorry.

Cheapestees.com has some great Gildan heavyweight cotton t's too. That is where we get ours to dye (tie dye). But they have tons and tons of colors in every size. The white are less than 2.00 though for the sizes we need, and it's all we've used for 3 years now on our personalized t's.

I got most of mine at the blankshirtstore and was REALLY happy with them!

They have every shirt size and color combination you could want

I have heard 100% is best for dying and printing -

I have used the 50/50 shirts at hobby lobby and have been really happy with the shirts and how well the transfer has lasted - so I know that even though it is suggested that you use 100% - I have had good results with 50/50

My only suggestion is to make sure the shirt does not have any stretch to them.

I got some Mossimo ones on clearance at Target last fall which seemed perfect for me since they are "shaped". They said 100% cotton, but you could feel that they had some stretch to them. The designs started to crack :(

I also ordered from blankshirtstore.com and got Jerzees 100% cotton and love them! I made 3 that I wear to bed and they are still holding up 4 months and about 50 washes later!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter