A few changes on Disney Wonder

We were on the Wonder the last week of January and the first week of February and everything was the same as usual. The shows were every night except for one movie night and the fireworks were late both weeks. When did this change happen?

Frozen hasn't been showing for "years". It started Nov 2016. It's still in the "new" category for shows onboard the ships.
But the others, surely have. I am not “usual”, but I was on the Dream in December and January, and saw the Golden Mickeys there.

Is there talk of a new show on any?

I'm not a fan of the variety acts being moved to such a small venue. We love the variety acts, honestly more than some of the other "big" shows. That's a bummer, for sure.

As for the pirate show, I would imagine that at least the fireworks will switch back to a later time in a few months. I mean, it will still be light at 7:30 during the Summer. Fireworks are kind of a waste in the bright sun! We haven't sailed with a young child in years, so I may be getting this all wrong, but I seem to recall reading that on at least some of the ships there are two pirates shows - one for small children early on and then the main one after the second dinner seating when it gets dark and they can shoot off fireworks. Is that correct? Maybe that's where they are heading with this once it gets too light to have the main show so early.

Edited to add: on our last cruises, there was not enough room in Azure for the adult shows at 9:30 or later...they were having to live stream into an overflow area for two of the scheduled shows. Not exactly the same experience as being in the house but we appreciated CD Natalie trying. It's always hit or miss..sometimes the adult areas are empty, sometimes they are packed and we found by 11:30 they were a ghost town...lol!

On the 1/21 Wonder sailing, the adult variety cabarets in Azure were repeated during the cruise. On a couple of the evenings, there would be 2 performances (IIRC, 9:45 and 10:45) with a cruise staff game show sandwiched in between. At least one of the performers (perhaps 2, I didn't save navigators) performed the same show on 2 different evenings in the 10 or 10:15 slot.

A 7-night sailing usually has 4 variety acts onboard -- 2 for the first half of the cruise, 2 for the 2nd half of the cruise. I've never been on a 7-night sailing in which all 4 acts have taken up their own WDT show slot. Mostly I've seen a welcome aboard show on night 1 (which includes the first 2 acts getting a 5-10 minute preview slot), the 3 ship mainstage shows, a movie, 1 of the variety acts, and some sort of Farewell show (which includes the second 2 acts getting a 5-10 minute highlight slot). If a variety act does an evening of WDT shows, that usually takes the place of its 7:30pm Family Cabaret slot in Azure/Fathoms/etc.

I was just on the Wonder last month. The party started at 10 and the fireworks went off at 10:30. My husband thought the dances should have been cut short by 10 minutes. It’s way too long.
Weird. Galveston 2016, 2017 and Feb 2016 out of Miami all 730. The Frozen party was at 730 too. Maybe I was on the experimental cruises. I don't really care 730 or 10 it's the same show I've seen numerous times. I go if I feel like it if I don't I don't.
My coworker was on the Fantasy Feb 3 and said the pirate party was at 730. They missed half of it because they were late from dinner.

Anybody on the Fantasy Feb 3 verify?

Agreed... we were also on the 1/28 Wonder and this time I just skipped the dancing altogether and slipped out on deck right before 10:30. With the preshow stuff too the dancing part feels like it just drags on and on... concierge made a point of saying repeatedly when the *fireworks* were as if people skip it a lot.

Agreed... we were also on the 1/28 Wonder and this time I just skipped the dancing altogether and slipped out on deck right before 10:30. With the preshow stuff too the dancing part feels like it just drags on and on... concierge made a point of saying repeatedly when the *fireworks* were as if people skip it a lot.
Was it mostly adults on your cruise? Every time I do a Caribbean cruise it seems like there are 1000 preschoolers onboard. I was told by an officer they were doing it early so the little kids wouldn't miss it. Maybe they look at the number of small children on board and base the timing on this.

Maybe so... I just asked my husband too and we don't remember there being a difference in the number of kids from previous cruises. We haven't done a Bahamian or East/West Caribbean since 2012 though! Maybe I am in for a shock this xmas on our Western Fantasy...! :o

Maybe so... I just asked my husband too and we don't remember there being a difference in the number of kids from previous cruises. We haven't done a Bahamian or East/West Caribbean since 2012 though! Maybe I am in for a shock this xmas on our Western Fantasy...! :o
I did the SC in September 2014 there were only 300 kids. The same on our Hawaii Sept cruise. I hung out at the empty kids area because there were no chairs in the adult area. Our last cruise out of PC 1300 kids and that was in May 2017. The good news more kids= more adults in the kids area and less in the adult area.

I did the SC in September 2014 there were only 300 kids. The same on our Hawaii Sept cruise. I hung out at the empty kids area because there were no chairs in the adult area. Our last cruise out of PC 1300 kids and that was in May 2017. The good news more kids= more adults in the kids area and less in the adult area.
Yeah, that's what we found on both our first Panama Canal cruise and our WBTA. When we got to Castaway Cay, the adult area was crammed full. So we went to the family beach area - got chairs right in front, under umbrellas, and not a ton of people around.

Was it mostly adults on your cruise? Every time I do a Caribbean cruise it seems like there are 1000 preschoolers onboard. I was told by an officer they were doing it early so the little kids wouldn't miss it. Maybe they look at the number of small children on board and base the timing on this.

I was also on the 1/28 Wonder and I felt like there were less kids on this cruise than other cruises. I did the same as AquaDame and only really watched the fireworks. We sat outside Cove Café and had a drink during the "dancing" part of the pirate show. Then we up to Deck 10 to watch the fireworks.

MJ

I wish I had a pictures to compare the empty kids area on our Hawaii cruise and kids pool on the Dream. I have kids and I like kids, but I'm so glad my kids never wanted to swim on a cruise. There is no way I would last more than 5 minutes over in the family area.

Did you get this info in an email? We leave on the Wonder next Sunday(March 4) for a 7night and haven't received any of this news from Disney.

No email -- we found out about the repeat shows while reading the Voyage Navigator in the port terminal, waiting to board.

During the cruise, one of the activities crew members talked about how the Feb 18 sailing was the beginning of their test on the Wonder with repeating the shows, similar to repeats used on the Dream and Fantasy, and that our feedback would help them decide if the system worked.

I could go either way with the show repeats. We did decide to see Frozen twice because we could.

No email -- we found out about the repeat shows while reading the Voyage Navigator in the port terminal, waiting to board.

During the cruise, one of the activities crew members talked about how the Feb 18 sailing was the beginning of their test on the Wonder with repeating the shows, similar to repeats used on the Dream and Fantasy, and that our feedback would help them decide if the system worked.

I could go either way with the show repeats. We did decide to see Frozen twice because we could.
I wouldn't mind the repeat shows as it would allow us to see one we might have missed due to being too tired or doing a Palo dinner on the night of its original showing. We dont normally do the ventriloquist or magician

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter