a few questions about Prima Flowers

disneyfreakk

<font color=blue>I sing Spongebob to my dogs</font
these things are really neat! I would love to order some but I am unsure about which ones to get!! Are they based just on color or do the bottles have something to do with how many flowers are in a bottle??? I am just so confused! :confused3 I was thinking of buying the milk crate collection. What do you all think? Please help me out!

The milk crate is a great way to get a lot of different colors. I have bought a few bottles and I purchased them based on color schemes. I WANT lots more :rotfl2: Not only are they great for SB pages but also for cards :thumbsup2

There are not only a ton of different colors, but there are also a few different sizes and shapes. There are anywhere between 100 and 500 in a bottle the smaller they are, the more in the bottle. The really big hydrangeas and daisies have even less, but they are really cool.

QVC ran an awesome flower assortment pretty recently and it sold out in about 3 minutes. That would have been a great way to try several different colors and varieties, but the milk crate is a great start. Beware, they are pretty addicting!

I absolutely love all Primas - I have over 10 bottles of different styles having said that I checked the website you posted and they have a good price for the "milk crates" -- Go for it! :banana: :banana:

I love primas, I only have one bottle (small pink ones) but I'm hopefully getting the medium halloweens soon, I'm so excited! I'd love a milk crate but can't afford one at the moment :( I'd substitute an easter egg for a bottle but I love my choccy too much!

If you don't need whole bottles, you might want to check out ebay. Sometimes you can find people selling bags of them in smaller quantities and then you can get quite a variety.

Jeanne

Thank you so much everyone! I am on my way to order some~ !! :cool1: Maybe there will be another swap!! :D :D :D

What exactly do you use them for and how do you adhere them? :confused3

they are used for scrapbooking and cardmaking. I guess you could use them in other crafts too. :) I am not 100% sure on how to adhere them, I am guessing glue and/or brads :confused3 LOL! I will have to get my grubby little hands on some before I can make any conclusions! I bet someone else in here can give a better explaination ;)

I mostly use brads in the centers because personally, I think they look the best. I'm sure you can use snaps or eyelets too. I've seen them glued on as well.

:love: i LOVE prima flowers....

there are SO many out now - you just get what you like!

You can attach them with regular adhesixe, brads, dots, but eyelets don't work out so well - i tried :teeth:

I love my Primas, too .... and I found that I like the large ones better than the tiny ones. I think they're more versatile and easy to work with. The medium ones aren't bad; sometimes I use them in the center of the larger ones.

I was using some yesterday and needed something to cover the centers after I glued them down, so I used just a regular hole punch and the holes looked adorable in the middle of the flowers! :) Much cheaper than the little colored metal circles I bought at Joann's! ;)

I am a scrapping "newbie" and not particularly creative, but I do LOVE all the work you all do!

I was at scrapbook camp last summer and got some of these flowers. I think they are really neat, but I don't have the foggiest idea what to do with them! :confused3 Can some one 'splain step by step how to use them/ attach them or post a picture 'cause right now I just don't get it.

TIA.

CACruisin' said:
I am a scrapping "newbie" and not particularly creative, but I do LOVE all the work you all do!

I was at scrapbook camp last summer and got some of these flowers. I think they are really neat, but I don't have the foggiest idea what to do with them! :confused3 Can some one 'splain step by step how to use them/ attach them or post a picture 'cause right now I just don't get it.

TIA.

Totally not the best examples I have, but these are pics from my Member Cruise Circle Journal that I already had in photobucket. I typically use the flowers to just add a little something special to the blank spots of the page.

DSC02387.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

I also made some cute things (well, I thought they were cute) for the color themed swap here, but I didn't take pictures of them and haven't gotten the package back yet. I made some squares with just a small flower attached to the center, with a journal box and photo mat to match.

Thanks so much - pictures really help me understand stuff (I'm a "visual" learner I guess :rotfl2: ) So you attach them with brads? We go to Hawaii 1-2/year to visit family so I can see using these little items a lot. :banana:

CACruisin' said:
Thanks so much - pictures really help me understand stuff (I'm a "visual" learner I guess :rotfl2: ) So you attach them with brads? We go to Hawaii 1-2/year to visit family so I can see using these little items a lot. :banana:

I always attach mine with brads, probably because I'm not very adventurous.....brads work so that's what I've always used. Sometimes I like to change the colors up a bit, like with a purple flower use a yellow brad. I know, I know, you are amazed by my artistic flair! :lmao:

They are made of paper, so you can use anything to attach them. I use glue dots a lot -- I don't always put something in the center, although I have used ink, eyelets, and brads.

--Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter