• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Few Quick ?'s

Maul

Earning My Ears
Hi! First just let me say that this is an awesome board! My girlfriend and I went to Disney last year this time and I wish I'd known about it then! :( I'm just wondering a few things. I read on Mary's site that you could get discounts for single day tickets with each ensuing ticket you bought that day. Does anyone know if there is a limit to that? I know there has to be. Her site uses the example of buying 3, one full price, one $5 off and one $10 off. That's a great savings right there! It stinks there are no 2 or 3 day passes! We're going on a pretty tight budget and can only do one day in Magic Kingdom, one in MGM (Star Wars Weekends!!! :D ) and one in either Universal park. Also, in everyone's opinion, is the Entertainment card the best way to go on the hotel, if all I want is the cheapest possible place to stay? I'd love to stay in the resorts, but we just won't be there enough to take advantage of it. We just need a place to sleep, as we'll be in the parks all day! :D I'd appreciate any opinions or advice! Thanks a lot!

-Maul :earsboy:

Hello Maul! Let me be the first to welcome you to the DIS! I don't have the answers to your questions but I'm sure there is someone out there who does. Good Luck!

Thanks! Last year we stayed in a Days Inn about 10 or so miles out for $37 a night. That's about as cheap as I could find. I've found one at the Entertainment card site that's between $30-60 and supposedly, you can get 50% off that! I bet that's the best I can do. As far as the tix go, I've noticed how hard it was to get discounts on single days. That's why I was so excited when I read that on Mousesavers.com! I'm just guessing there has to be a limit. If not, then I could theoretically buy one for $50, one for $45, one for $40 and one for $35, resulting in $170, a savings of $30! Hopefully, but I guess we'll see! Thanks!

-Maul

Thanks! :smooth: One more thing, the ticket thing, does anyone know if this works at Universal as well?

-Maul :)

Really? I went to the site and I couldn't find it. :( Forgive me if I'm just blind and missed it! I did find the 2 day ticket/double discount that gets you two tickets for $86 though. The tickets for Universal, they can go to either park, right? So, if I got that deal, then could that be my girlfriend's and my ticket for one day at one of the parks, rather than just one of us going to both parks? Also, forgive me for so many questions, but the cheaper the better, right? :bounce: Thanks!

-Maul

The sign are posted around the I-4 and International drive area. Call 1800/889-7275 for USF AND 1800/327-2424 FOR SW.

I spoke to SW and the buy one get one day free should run at least to the end of June. Then they will decide, if they will extend. This has been going on for two years at SW.

USF is a seasonal thing, not on now but may come back in the fall.

Think about annual passes. If you can schedule your trips with 365 days and stay over 7 days, the WDW ap is great and the way to go.

At SW and USF the annual passes are even less expensive!

I bought my SW AP in March for the cost of a one day admission!

The two park AP for USF/IOA (these are two different parks) was $129 + tax, that's less than 3 single park tickets!

:smooth: :rolleyes: ;) :p :p :p

Nope, the 2 day ticket/double discount that gets you two tickets for $86 are for USF and IOA one day each. It is a single ticket and can only be used by a single person.:smooth: :pinkbounc :p :o :cool:

Doh! That stinks! No sharing and the deals not going on right now! I may try and call the # just to see if by chance they might be starting it back. (I can dream anyway!) I may think about season passes though, I didn't realize that USF was so cheap for one! Thanks a lot for your help!

-Maul :)

Maul,there is a fun card that gets about a $5.00 discount on tickets to SW and IOA and US. But I can't remember how I got it??? Maybe on the SW website.
Do you have AAA their travel agents are a free service and are a wonderful resource!!

No, unfortunately I'm not a member of AAA. I think I may know someone who is though. Do they offer good discounts? Thanks!

-Maul

Maul- have you thought of going on e-bay to purchase tickets? You can almost always find days left over on park hopper passes that people didn't use and want to sell. Just be sure you know your prices. Usually park hopper passes are transferrable.

Yes, actually I have tried that. Usually people tend to get crazy and drive the price up too much. :( Thanks though!

-Maul :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter