A horrible rumor to spread

Funny how no matter what side you're on Rogue One seems to be universally accepted as an excellent SW movie probably in most fan's top 3 or so.

I like Rogue One, but it's not necessarily my favorite - I think Solo was better really. Then again, I like them all, and tend to see them as a whole. I could rank them, but I have a pretty unconventional list.

I like Rogue One, but it's not necessarily my favorite - I think Solo was better really. Then again, I like them all, and tend to see them as a whole. I could rank them, but I have a pretty unconventional list.

Ah something we definitely agree on, I was very surprised how poorly SOLO was received. I think it's a great movie. Han is my favorite anyway...well tied with Vader. Truth be told it's just the Sequels that really have a lot of flaws in my opinion. As for the prequels and revisionist theory I saw one poster bring up...I actually really have a soft spot for them. I think their major flaw was aesthetics and unifying the universe of the OT with that of the prequels...if that makes sense. But story wise it was wonderful. Even the campy acting is a quaint charm.

Ah something we definitely agree on, I was very surprised how poorly SOLO was received. I think it's a great movie. Han is my favorite anyway...well tied with Vader. Truth be told it's just the Sequels that really have a lot of flaws in my opinion. As for the prequels and revisionist theory I saw one poster bring up...I actually really have a soft spot for them. I think their major flaw was aesthetics and unifying the universe of the OT with that of the prequels...if that makes sense. But story wise it was wonderful. Even the campy acting is a quaint charm.

Solo was great. I mean, sure it was a pretty unnecessary sotry, but I liked it. In many ways, it's kind of "prequel-y" so I definitely apprecaite that.

I felt the Prequels did a nice job connecting the worlds. Sure, Episoed I looks very different, but it was supposed to represent different times. By Episode III we see a lot of the stuff from the OT seeping it, and it represents the rise of the Empire.

Solo was great. I mean, sure it was a pretty unnecessary sotry, but I liked it. In many ways, it's kind of "prequel-y" so I definitely appreciate that.

I felt the Prequels did a nice job connecting the worlds. Sure, Episoed I looks very different, but it was supposed to represent different times. By Episode III we see a lot of the stuff from the OT seeping it, and it represents the rise of the Empire.

All this banter about Star Wars has me craving a binge watch from Episode 1 straight through to the end, not that I have even remotely close to that kind of free time available!

All this banter about Star Wars has me craving a binge watch from Episode 1 straight through to the end, not that I have even remotely close to that kind of free time available!

I do that every so often, but more recently I will just select a trilogy to do, or just like Rogue One & A New Hope back to back.

Sorry to bring back the conversation to the starcruiser but someone said something about how things are designed so children are able to do them and I think this is why it all feels so cringey and awkward to me.

I can either get immersed and roleplay (badly) as an adult or enjoy a SW themed hotel. But I can't kinda cringe along with the roleplay which requires me to move a lever a 5 year old can move. This 100% looks like it's designed for children to have fun so imo that's how it should be marketed. Instead it's been trying to pull in hardcore SW adult fans while giving nothing an adult fan would enjoy. (Thinking specifically of the lightsaber training and the bridge sequence)

I don't know, for the price it doesn't seem worth it. We shall see soon.

Sorry to bring back the conversation to the starcruiser but someone said something about how things are designed so children are able to do them and I think this is why it all feels so cringey and awkward to me.

I can either get immersed and roleplay (badly) as an adult or enjoy a SW themed hotel. But I can't kinda cringe along with the roleplay which requires me to move a lever a 5 year old can move. This 100% looks like it's designed for children to have fun so imo that's how it should be marketed. Instead it's been trying to pull in hardcore SW adult fans while giving nothing an adult fan would enjoy. (Thinking specifically of the lightsaber training and the bridge sequence)

I don't know, for the price it doesn't seem worth it. We shall see soon.

That's a good point. A lot of fans don't understand why they make these things for kids. I remember when Seven Dwarves Mine Train opened and people were complaining that it was a "kiddie coaster." Yeah, a roller-coaster in Fantasyland is kid friendly - I'm shocked! It's like some wouldn't be happy unless it was a 20-story mega-coaster with inversions where the riders pull 5 Gs!

There's nothing wrong with this stuff being for kids. You can either still appreciate it or not, but if not, then it's not for you. As a single adult without kids I've never done a Disney Cruise. I sometimes kinda want to, but I know they are very kid focused. The parks are a little more appealing, but they still have stuff just for kids, like the Disney Junior show or The Boneyard - and that's all good.

Star Wars is for kids anyway...

...The kids inside us all! 🙂

Last edited:
It looks like a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express found along side exits to small towns on the intersate in Kansas with a high school gym attached. The very least, the Hotel portion should have had a faux star ship facade. The size seems off balanced. Too small for any real economies of scale, hence the outsized cost of admission to pay for the supposedly added features.

I keep going back to the outward appearance and it not even really trying to sell the "Boarding a Star Ship" feel and the inside looks too sterile. If they made it look like a vessel, future expansions could have been addition vessels with different appearances.

It looks like a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express found along side exits to small towns on the intersate in Kansas with a high school gym attached. The very least, the Hotel portion should have had a faux star ship facade. The size seems off balanced. Too small for any real economies of scale, hence the outsized cost of admission to pay for the supposedly added features.

I keep going back to the outward appearance and it not even really trying to sell the "Boarding a Star Ship" feel and the inside looks too sterile. If they made it look like a vessel, future expansions could have been addition vessels with different appearances.

But it does have a "boarding experience" right? The reason it is so plain on the outside is because guests never see it. You actuall pull up to this little outpost and are taken via the "shuttle (i.e. windowless bus) the the building itself. At least, that's how I thought it was supposed to work, unless that changed.

Ah something we definitely agree on, I was very surprised how poorly SOLO was received. I think it's a great movie.

Solo is a perfect example. Count me in with those who thought it was an enjoyable movie. But don't tell any of my friends that - they all hated it with a passion and if you liked it, you are clearly WRONG.

Yeah, that was me - and it's not just about a 5 year old moving a level. Remember that part of this is they are going to train you to do things like man the bridge. Then we can only assume that by some turn of events, you might be called on to have to man it in an emergency. So the controls have to be easy enough for a 5 year old to remember how to use them.

Now that may not be what some fans were looking for. And that's fine. Not everyone has to pay $5,000 to do this experience. But it's clearly what Disney was going for.

As a single adult without kids I've never done a Disney Cruise. I sometimes kinda want to, but I know they are very kid focused. The parks are a little more appealing, but they still have stuff just for kids, like the Disney Junior show or The Boneyard - and that's all good.

As someone who's kid was never interested in a cruise ship (too much attached to his playstation), I eventually had to just go on the cruises by myself, let me just tell you that you are doing yourself a disservice if you have skipped DCL because you think it's only for kids. Disney does an AMAZING job at pairing you with other adults similar to you and traveling without kids. There are decent amounts of the ship dedicated to adult only life. Having traveled RCL, NCL, Carnival, and DCL - Disney Cruise Line is still my favorite cruise line to travel without kids.

So you might want to check that thinking and reconsider. Just sayin'. I do not think you will be disappointed.

I am confused. Are you referring specifically to the OUTSIDE of the hotel? The outside was never meant to be seen. You can thank youtube videos and sky shots for that, but think of it like one large slightly deformed sound stage. The outside is just to protect it from the weather. Even getting to and from HS happens in closed shuttles that you never see the outside.

The only part you should ever see is the drop-off area which is designed (or will be) to look like a space port entrance.

As far as being cramped, and I hate it to come off this way, but if you want to go authentic space craft, you bet it's gonna be cramped. Any scifi movie that depicts space ships as huge hulking areas with gym's and basketball courts and large mass's for eating are just so much junk. Real spacecraft - even luxury liners - will almost certainly be small and cramped. It's not just the metal. Every inch of the craft is more that has to be heated, pumped with air, conditioned - not to mention more mass = more fuel.

But it does have a "boarding experience" right? The reason it is so plain on the outside is because guests never see it. You actuall pull up to this little outpost and are taken via the "shuttle (i.e. windowless bus) the the building itself. At least, that's how I thought it was supposed to work, unless that changed.

Nope You are correct. The concept drawing for the boarding experience looked like this.

At no point will you ever see the physical ship from the outside (except from people taking aerial shots of the building). You enter the space port, and from that point on everything you see is digitized. After boarding, when you go to HS Galaxy's Edge, you do so on a shuttle that docks with the Halcyon (you do not see the real "outside") and then as the bus drives you to dock at Galaxy's Edge, the "windows" of the bus show a simulated landing.

Last edited:
Solo is a perfect example. Count me in with those who thought it was an enjoyable movie. But don't tell any of my friends that - they all hated it with a passion and if you liked it, you are clearly WRONG.

The crazy thing is, Solo is very much a movie for the fans, steeped in lore and nerd references. Even if one didn't care for The Last Jedi, Solo should be very likeable. It's a crowd-pleaser for sure.

The crazy thing is, Solo is very much a movie for the fans, steeped in lore and nerd references. Even if one didn't care for The Last Jedi, Solo should be very likeable. It's a crowd-pleaser for sure.

And yet.... It was not. It got terrible reviews. A lot of my friends honestly didn't like Alden Ehrenreich I think. But to be honest, this goes back to my first post. Tackling playing Han was a tough job for ANYONE. To many, the only Han that can ever be Han is Harrison Ford (which is ironic, since Ford hated that character more than anything and regretted ever taking the role).

I am in the minority. I loved the job Ehrenreich did. At one point early in, he gives that kinda lopsided grin that Ford made so popular for the character, and I thought it was just a spittin' image of a younger Han. Saying that out loud though would have probably gotten you tackled and beaten for sure. You really had to have very thick skin to touch Star Wars unless you were one of the original cast or crew.

As for me.... I am not a fan of 7-9. DW loves them. I just never got over how they killed Han. I get it was necessary (according to her at least) for the development of Kylo. But I just never felt right about the way it went down. Nor did I like the way they had developed Luke's character in the interim. Luke was always rushing headlong into stupidity, and I never accepted him running away and not even keeping in contact with Leia. Snoke did not work for me as an antagonist, and frankly I had had quite enough of Palpatine. I would have been much happier if they had given us a good fight against Grand Admiral Thrawn instead.

Of course none of this has anything to do with the Halcyon. But the point is that if you ask 100 Star Wars fans about what they envision a Star Wars Hotel would be like, you will get 10,851.62 answers.

And yet.... It was not. It got terrible reviews. A lot of my friends honestly didn't like Alden Ehrenreich I think. But to be honest, this goes back to my first post. Tackling playing Han was a tough job for ANYONE. To many, the only Han that can ever be Han is Harrison Ford (which is ironic, since Ford hated that character more than anything and regretted ever taking the role).

I am in the minority. I loved the job Ehrenreich did. At one point early in, he gives that kinda lopsided grin that Ford made so popular for the character, and I thought it was just a spittin' image of a younger Han. Saying that out loud though would have probably gotten you tackled and beaten for sure. You really had to have very thick skin to touch Star Wars unless you were one of the original cast or crew.

As for me.... I am not a fan of 7-9. DW loves them. I just never got over how they killed Han. I get it was necessary (according to her at least) for the development of Kylo. But I just never felt right about the way it went down. Nor did I like the way they had developed Luke's character in the interim. Luke was always rushing headlong into stupidity, and I never accepted him running away and not even keeping in contact with Leia. Snoke did not work for me as an antagonist, and frankly I had had quite enough of Palpatine. I would have been much happier if they had given us a good fight against Grand Admiral Thrawn instead.

Of course none of this has anything to do with the Halcyon. But the point is that if you ask 100 Star Wars fans about what they envision a Star Wars Hotel would be like, you will get 10,851.62 answers.

I thought Alden was great. I want him to play young Indiana Jones!

I don't think Ford hated the character or Star Wars, but I think he hated the intensity of the fans. He wanted Han to die originally, so I am sure that was a stipulation for him to come back. I didn't mind it. I was fine with Luke too - running away to be a hermit is right out of the Jedi playbook (see, Obi Wan, Yoda). I do think Snoke was underdeveloped, but when it turned out to be Palpatine it made more sense. I'm always good with more cackling Ian McDiarmind! Honestly, what the Sequel Trilogy needs is a The Clone Wars type show to connect a few dots. For a lot of people, The Clone Wars rehabbed the Prequels and made them care more for the characters. I loved the Prequels anyway, but I can't deny that TCW enhances the entire era greatly.

I thought Alden was great. I want him to play young Indiana Jones!

I don't think Ford hated the character or Star Wars, but I think he hated the intensity of the fans. He wanted Han to die originally, so I am sure that was a stipulation for him to come back. I didn't mind it. I was fine with Luke too - running away to be a hermit is right out of the Jedi playbook (see, Obi Wan, Yoda). I do think Snoke was underdeveloped, but when it turned out to be Palpatine it made more sense. I'm always good with more cackling Ian McDiarmind! Honestly, what the Sequel Trilogy needs is a The Clone Wars type show to connect a few dots. For a lot of people, The Clone Wars rehabbed the Prequels and made them care more for the characters. I loved the Prequels anyway, but I can't deny that TCW enhances the entire era greatly.

Well, Hate is a strong word - but it was more than just the fans. Harrison Ford has said many times (even back during the filming of Empire) that he just never thought there was much to Han. He thought Han was a moron, and really only there to be connective tissue. The character was very 2 dimensional in his view. Obviously a lot of fans disagree (I am one of them - I love Han). Although it says a lot about his acting ability that for a character he personally didn't believe in, he could make so many others fall in love with him.

Luke... I mean we will just have to disagree. Like I get what you are saying about it being right out of the Jedi playbook, but Luke never followed that playbook. He always had too much of his father in him. Just look at how he ran off to confront Vader despite the pleadings and warnings of both Yoda and Ben. I'm sorry - but your dead mentor just came back to life only to tell you to follow the playbook and train and stay hidden and not run off on some damn fool rescue mission like his father did. YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM. But that was never Luke. That was never in the Skywalker blood. His father was the same way.

Yoda warned him about it. Yoda warned Ben about it, too. "Told you, Did I. Reckless is he". Now I am sure that Luke matured somewhat after Return of the Jedi. But a leopard never changes his spots. You can become mature, but you never really change your nature - your being - who you are inside. Over time, Luke might have become more cautious. I could get that from Maturity. But he would not change his blood. The core of who he is which he inherited from his father would always be there.

He loved his friends too much - so much that he was willing to risk the entire galaxy rather than sacrifice their lives. That sacrifice was too high a price for him. (His father was the exact same way as you recall). Do you really think he would just turn away from them, not talk to any of them anymore and not care if they all died? A lot can happen in 20 years, but your core will always be your core.

Again, just my opinion. You certainly do not have to share it, but that's the beauty of Star Wars (and the curse that Disney has). It can mean soo many things to soo many people and everyone has their own views.

Well, Hate is a strong word - but it was more than just the fans. Harrison Ford has said many times (even back during the filming of Empire) that he just never thought there was much to Han. He thought Han was a moron, and really only there to be connective tissue. The character was very 2 dimensional in his view. Obviously a lot of fans disagree (I am one of them - I love Han). Although it says a lot about his acting ability that for a character he personally didn't believe in, he could make so many others fall in love with him.

Luke... I mean we will just have to disagree. Like I get what you are saying about it being right out of the Jedi playbook, but Luke never followed that playbook. He always had too much of his father in him. Just look at how he ran off to confront Vader despite the pleadings and warnings of both Yoda and Ben. I'm sorry - but your dead mentor just came back to life only to tell you to follow the playbook and train and stay hidden and not run off on some damn fool rescue mission like his father did. YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM. But that was never Luke. That was never in the Skywalker blood. His father was the same way.

Yoda warned him about it. Yoda warned Ben about it, too. "Told you, Did I. Reckless is he". Now I am sure that Luke matured somewhat after Return of the Jedi. But a leopard never changes his spots. You can become mature, but you never really change your nature - your being - who you are inside. Over time, Luke might have become more cautious. I could get that from Maturity. But he would not change his blood. The core of who he is which he inherited from his father would always be there.

He loved his friends too much - so much that he was willing to risk the entire galaxy rather than sacrifice their lives. That sacrifice was too high a price for him. (His father was the exact same way as you recall). Do you really think he would just turn away from them, not talk to any of them anymore and not care if they all died? A lot can happen in 20 years, but your core will always be your core.

Again, just my opinion. You certainly do not have to share it, but that's the beauty of Star Wars (and the curse that Disney has). It can mean soo many things to soo many people and everyone has their own views.

I think Harrison just sees Star Wars as kiddie fare, not that deep or complex. That's how George Lucas sees it to. I believe that they believe tha the fervor of adult fans is somewhat unwarranted - and I kind of agree, though I definitely still love it - I still love lots of Disney movies, cartoons, etc. though and I consider Star Wars cut from the same cloth.

I mean, you can certianly see Luke that way and it makes sense, but I don't think it's totally off the mark either for him to recuse himself. I think at that point he didn't see his friends as needing him to survive - the New Republic had it handled, right? Maybe if they explained the circumstances a bit better. That's were a The Clone Wars type show could really come in.

Last edited:
I think Harrison jsut sees Star Wars as kiddie fare, not that deep or complex. That's how George Lucas sees it to. I believe that they believe tha the fervor of adult fans is somewhat unwarranted - and I kind of agree, though I definitely still love it - I still love lots of Disney movies, cartoons, etc. though and I consider Star Wars cut from the same cloth.

I mean, you can certianly see Luke that way and it makes sense, but I don't think it's totally off the mark either for him to recuse himself. I think at that point he didn't see his friends as needing him to survuve - the New Republic had it handled, right? Maybe if they explained the circumstances a bit better. That's were a The Clone Wars type show could really come in.

As long as we can all agree that it's best to let the Wookie win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter