• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A List of Cast Member Discounts

nick.turpchinoff

happy married!
I thought it would be great if there was one place that I could go to find discounts I can use with my Cast Member discount.

Please post below if you know of anywhere that you can use your Cast Member Discount. I will update this first post with ALL discounts that were posted below.

Special thanks to: Nicole Sprouse

Disney World Discounts
===============
Hotels: 40-50% off rates
* Friends and Family (40% off) - You are not staying in room
* Yourself (50% off) - You are staying in the room

Merchandise: 20% off
* DVD, CD, VHS, Electronics - 10% off
* Everything else: 20% off
* Add Cast Discount to sale price
* Holidays (40% off): Mid October - Mid Feb

Quick Service Food & Beverage: 20% off
* QSFB in resorts
* QSFB at DAK

Table Service: 20% off
* They automatically add 18% gratuity.

====================
Offsite Disney World Discounts
====================
* Denny's: 20% off
* IHOP
* Perkins
* Some McDonalds
* AAA Auto Care center

* AT&T
* Apple computer
* BJ’s Wholesale Club
* Bank of America (Tampa)
* Books Are Fun
* Bath & Beauty Fair
* Canteen Services
* The Book People
* USA from Scholastic
* Collette Vacations
* DOGgone Gourmet Treats
* Fun With Jewlery
* Darcy Smith & Associates
* The Jewelry Lady
* Kiehl’s Cosmetics
* Sarah’s Boutique
* Premium Popcorn Company
* Shoes for Crews (shoes approved for most work locations)
* Sprint/Nextel
* Thomas Kinkade Reproductions
* Thorlos (socks & foot products)

I know a lot of off property hotels extend discounts of up to 50% to cast members...I can't remember where we are staying next time we go down but my sister got a Disney cast rate at the hotel for us...

When I went to Disney last year in Mid November my cousin (cast member) got 50% of of everything at all stores. Not 40% like you mentioned in your first post...

When I went to Disney last year in Mid November my cousin (cast member) got 50% of of everything at all stores. Not 40% like you mentioned in your first post...

That was a special they ran last year but not a typical discount.

Liz

UMM, it may have been a special for last year, but I also got 50% off for the holiday season of 05/06, so it happens quite a bit I'm guessing.

The 50% is a special discount (like Liz said) but it is only offered during the holidays (like dkmulder said). You're both right.

The length of the discount varies based on year... this past season it was extended.

I know you can get a discount at CiCi's Pizza ... I can't remember how much it was, but cast members can eat there for under $4 ... or at least we did my first program.

Yes, I think CiCi gave cast members two dollars off, so it was like getting your drink for free.

Cici's is down to just $1.50 off... it changed earlier this year. Not that .50 is a big difference, but it was still a "WHAT?" moment.

However, Bennigans by Vista is currently giving 20% off!
Chik-fil-A gives CMs a free sandwich on Thursdays after 4 (with a purchase).
We get 10% off at Chevy's as well.

I use my ID everywhere! I even got a discount on a pair of shoes last week... I expected them to say No, but more often than not they'll give a discount.

never gotten a QSFB discount at resorts (and I lived at AKL for a month in January, believe me, I asked!) I understood the only CM discount on QSFB was at DAK (and not on Picnic in the Park...YET).

There are also discounts at Character Outlet (Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores) and don't forget Cast Connection over by Disney U. LOVE that store.

I got my parents a discount at the Holiday Inn Express over by Crossroads, as well. It's VERY nice, includes a free breakfast and has a great swimming pool (waterfall) and playground. I don't remember how much it was, but it was much better than the gov't rate my Dad had booked.

never gotten a QSFB discount at resorts (and I lived at AKL for a month in January, believe me, I asked!) I understood the only CM discount on QSFB was at DAK (and not on Picnic in the Park...YET).

There are also discounts at Character Outlet (Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores) and don't forget Cast Connection over by Disney U. LOVE that store.

I got my parents a discount at the Holiday Inn Express over by Crossroads, as well. It's VERY nice, includes a free breakfast and has a great swimming pool (waterfall) and playground. I don't remember how much it was, but it was much better than the gov't rate my Dad had booked.

I think the QSFB discount is only at resorts that don't have full service eatieries - like the values.

Liz

Does anyone know how much the 2 Disney water parks and DisneyQuest is for Cast Members? I've heard that at certain times it is free, but how much of a discount do we get when it's not free? Thanks!

Does anyone know how much the 2 Disney water parks and DisneyQuest is for Cast Members? I've heard that at certain times it is free, but how much of a discount do we get when it's not free? Thanks!

Recreation workers get in to the water parks for free their whole program...I believe...It's a perk of that job...but I'm not sure about the cost otherwise...

I believe it is 50% off which makes it like $20 for the waterparks and DisneyQuest. I am thinking of maybe just adding the Aquatica admission onto my SeaWorld pass so that I can still go to a waterpark, even if I only go to the Disney ones a couple of times.

Ive heard somewhere that Vacation Planners get into hard ticket events for free??? Does anyone know if this is true??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter