A little annoyed @ ASMu

Anniefrances

Mouseketeer
Just arrived tonight - first time at ASMu but not first time at a Value. We did online check in and received a text to bypass the check in desk. Anyway, I booked a preferred room and we were put in the far end of Jazz. When I went to the desk to ask if there had been a mistake, the CM informed me that Jazz is also preferred. I don't know why this is bugging me so much, other than I feel like costs are increasing little by little, here and there, and now we are paying for a location that most definitely does not feel like preferred.

Just arrived tonight - first time at ASMu but not first time at a Value. We did online check in and received a text to bypass the check in desk. Anyway, I booked a preferred room and we were put in the far end of Jazz. When I went to the desk to ask if there had been a mistake, the CM informed me that Jazz is also preferred. I don't know why this is bugging me so much, other than I feel like costs are increasing little by little, here and there, and now we are paying for a location that most definitely does not feel like preferred.

We had a similar issue with our stay 12/17-12/23. asked for room close to smoking area as mom smokes and is in ECV. I figured that would be no problem as most people don't want anywhere near it. Was robotically told "all standard rooms are equidistant from a smoking area) and was put as far as possible from it. Also didn't get bday buttons and when I said it was on reservation was told "no it isn't. You must have changed something"

Allearsnet.com and touringplans.com both show Calypso as having the preferred rooms. I would ask again.

Allearsnet.com and touringplans.com both show Calypso as having the preferred rooms. I would ask again.
Agree! There is no way I would sit on my haunches. You paid a higher price to be in a closer building.

We were very pleased with our first value stay at All Star Music. Did not specifically ask for "preferred room" but did request "close to transportation" and 1st floor. We actually received a text BEFORE we left home (our flight was at 5:35 PM) that our room was ready and we were located in Calypso #10 - #504-2. Second floor location was not a problem...we were close to elevator/stairs and actually ended up with a pool view. The DSA was next to Calypso #1 which was about the same distance I'd guess as the DSA in the Jazz section. :tink:

I just glanced at Allears and touring plans. According to them, only Calypso is preferred, unless Disney has recently expanded their definition of "preferred" to include more rooms (and more dollars).
It wouldn't hurt to check again and see if you are indeed in the correct section, and if something else is available. Go to the front desk, don't call.
Either way, try not to let it dampen your spirits. Hope you have a great trip!

I thought Jazz had some family suites, but wasn't considered preferred!! That's interesting to say the least.

Definitely.

However,Sports just recently added Touchdown! to Surf's UP! as Preferred sections so Music may have followed suit and added Jazz Inn to Calypso.

We stayed 12/10-12/14. Also booked preferred and were put in Jazz. A bit annoyed, but did read before we got there that Jazz had been added as preferred level. It was a little further than I would have liked. But it was just mom & I & she was in an EVC & we did get 1st floor as we requested. It was nice & quiet. Never saw anyone....so we kept it. We were only in our room to sleep and though our room was half way down in Jazz it was clean and the beds were fine!

I traveled in early November and was also put in Jazz after booking a preferred room. Whomp.

I booked standard back in November. Requested Jazz because Touring Plans said some of it was standard. When we checked in we were informed that all of Jazz is now preferred.

This is ridiculous. OP when did you made your reservation? Depending on that I would go to the front desk because if you made reservations before this buildings were added to prefer well then it is not what you reserved.

They are really pushing it.

After 2 bad experiences booking preferred rooms at ASMu (and not getting a preferred room either time) I have to say I'm not surprised. I don't know who runs that resort, but they don't seem to know what they are doing.

I would go to the desk and ask for a room closer to the front of the resort.

One thing we've never had good luck with at WDW is room requests. Seems the best way to get what you want is to ask for something opposite. :( To make matters worse it is the first day of your vacation and can start you off on the wrong foot if you let it. My only suggestion, whatever you end up doing, is not to let it stress you and impact your time at WDW.

Thanks everyone for your replies and for "getting it". I booked sometime over the summer and had looked up preferred rooms on allears, so that's why I thought Jazz was a mistake (I just double checked and it's still not updated on allears). Anyway, it's not ruining our trip or anything - really, this is part of my overall discontent with prices at WDW. It feels like prices keep going up, up, up and not always "worth it". For the extra $50 bucks for the preferred room that doesn't feel like a preferred location, I would rather have just booked standard and put that difference toward snacks. I was shocked in the park today to see that the ice cream treats are now $5.00. With 2 kids things add up quickly, so every bit counts. Next time I will know better.

Thanks everyone for your replies and for "getting it". I booked sometime over the summer and had looked up preferred rooms on allears, so that's why I thought Jazz was a mistake (I just double checked and it's still not updated on allears). Anyway, it's not ruining our trip or anything - really, this is part of my overall discontent with prices at WDW. It feels like prices keep going up, up, up and not always "worth it". For the extra $50 bucks for the preferred room that doesn't feel like a preferred location, I would rather have just booked standard and put that difference toward snacks. I was shocked in the park today to see that the ice cream treats are now $5.00. With 2 kids things add up quickly, so every bit counts. Next time I will know better.

I hear you! It totally seems like a money grab to add buildings to a preffered area and charge more for "preferred" when it nothing has change and the buildings have not gotten closer to the amenities.

OP, I feel your pain. I do have to say, allears is not always as up to date as I would like. Jazz has been preferred rooms for quite some time. a couple years? at least a year and a half. I like it as you are in between the 2 pools. the piano pool is much nicer win the afternoon when there is the loud DJ at the calypso pool... and the other 2 sections can be quite a long walk to the buses and food court, (esp country) I would still book preferred.

on year I payed for preferred at Music and was surprised to get a room facin the parking lot in the dalmation section. turns out they have changed the preferred rooms at the values. example, preferred at Pop century used to be 60s. years ago. now it includes some of 70's some of 50's. and there are actually rooms in the 60's that are standard.. it is base on proximity to the food court/transportation. not views. so yes, some of the touchdown section at sports is preferred.

I'm thinking robo might have maps of preferred rooms.. look on robo maps.

last time I was there only the half closest to the food court was preferred. that was quite a few eyars ago, so i'mnot sure. I wouldn't be surprised if all of it was. usually Idon't like the back side as it can be dar,k.. but in this case I would really dislike facing the football "field as it get quite noisy with tons of people and kids playing ball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter