A little confused about the plan

rdsx28

Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!
Hi, I just had a question about the DP. I usually book room only through AAA and then do all the other details myself. I was just wondering I understand you have to book a package to get the DP but can you just get DP and hotel or do you also have to get the park tickets as well? I find that Ticketmania is cheaper than AAA for tickets and usually get them through here. So, I guess my question actually is what do you have to get for a AAA package.Also, am I correct in thinking that you do not get a AAA discount for the meal plan? Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat question and thanks for all your help! :sunny:

no problem... in order to get the dining plan you have to book a package which includes three components... room, tickets, dining plan... you cannot do room-only, ticketmania and still add on the dining plan... but you can book the package thru AAA or thru another disney travel agent or online at wdw.com or directly thru CRO (central reservations office) at 1-800-828-0228 (# can also be used for making ADRs - advanced dining reservations)

we found that the savings from the dining plan more than covered what we would have saved booking each component separately/at a discount...

enjoy :flower:

If you are doing the package and you still want your AAA discount on the room, you will have to book through AAA travel agency (see your local office.) The AAA discount will not be available with dining through central reservations. (I made this mistake!)

When I booked the dining plan last year, I was able to use an email code for the room,(lower than the AAA rate) :cool1: and purchase tickets from ticketmania :woohoo:

In order to do that, I just purchased a one day base ticket from WDTC. I believed I saved @ $100.00 by booking it this way.

I'm planning to do the same thing for our next trip.

Hi, I always book through AAA and I simply added the dining in with the package and paid the total. I would ask your AAA travel agent. Mine was the one who suggested it and as two adults in their twenties who love to eat out, it was worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter