A New Idea for Autographs

Totally recommend it. I have one of these and I love it. I have a good number of character autograph's and it is a big hit with a lot of the characters, they like to read about themselves! :)

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been back since. We have to move everything out of our house for some drywall repair.

I'm uploading some pictures right now and I'll post them in a minute. Thanks for bearing with me.

So I got the book at a book fair at our kids school, but I"m sure you could find it on Amazon.com.

I took the book to Kinko's and had them cut off the spine and laminate the front and back covers. Then had them put a coil binding on it. I chose white because I wanted it to be easy to see in a dark backpack.

DisneyBook.jpg

Front of the book

DisneyBook2.jpg
The book could lay flat on a table or we'd fold it in half so there was less for the character to lose.

DisneyBook3.jpg
While we waited in line, we'd read their story.

DisneyBook4.jpg
Nice index to see if they were in the book.

DisneyBook5.jpg
If they weren't in the book, we'd have the sign on the inside cover (front or back) and on empty pages.

It was really nice. We only had one book for our two kids. They would take turns who was going to give the marker. We used a silver sharpie.

I know it was less than $10. We have two kids and only had one book this time though, so I justified the $10 that way.

Our kids have looked at the book so many times, the flip books we had the previous trip never get looked at.

Thank you SOOO much for posting your pictures of this. I love this idea. I ordered the book from LTD for $5.95. I can't wait to get it and take it to Kinko's for the binding and laminating. I assume you didn't have any problems with the Sharpie marker bleeding through the pages? Thanks again for this great idea. It's definitely something different!

Thank you SOOO much for posting your pictures of this. I love this idea. I ordered the book from LTD for $5.95. I can't wait to get it and take it to Kinko's for the binding and laminating. I assume you didn't have any problems with the Sharpie marker bleeding through the pages? Thanks again for this great idea. It's definitely something different!

No bleeding. It was great!

Holy smokes! I am so excited. Just ordered mine on amazon (for faster shipping). I think this will be a great keepsake for my husband and I to share with our kids one day :)

Wow, what a great idea! :cool1: We are taking my nephew next summer and I think he will love this!! We bought my daughter a hat and had the character sign it and she still has it, she now 13.

My daughter is 13 years old and wanted some different than a autograph book. I painted a Mickey head and my daughters name on a pillowcase and had the characters to sign it.

just returned from staples. 8.00 about 15 minutes and it's awesome! Well worth it. Laminated front and back covers spiral bound.

Question: If I am making my own autograph book, would they still spiral bind it?

I am in the process of making a special Christmas edition for my Dec 2012 trip and have been wondering where and how to get it bound for ease while at Disney.

Thank you sooo much for this info! I am a papercrafter and made super nice autograph books for my twin sons when we last visited 3 yrs ago. I just ordered two and hope they are here by the time we are ready to go. I will definitely have them laminated and spiral bound for ease. Super idea!!!
Stay well,
AnnMarie

Question: If I am making my own autograph book, would they still spiral bind it?

I am in the process of making a special Christmas edition for my Dec 2012 trip and have been wondering where and how to get it bound for ease while at Disney.

Your local office supply store, such as Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot, should be able to provide spiral binding services. I created autograph books for our April 2009 trip and had them bound at Staples.

My mom bought my DD4 that book, and each night, she is going to read about a couple of characters to her. What a great idea to make it an autograph book. Is it pretty big to haul around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter