A Northern Family's Southern Getaway -Take 2 Jan 2010 PTR Updated 1/15 SNACKS

:yay:YAY!!!! You finally got your Mickey Mail!!!!!!!:cool1:

Yes, it did finally come in today's mail! :) Glad to have it although now I am wondering why I was so anxious to have it? :confused3 I suppose it just makes the trip that much more real! :) I am not sure why but I am not really excited yet! :eek:

I have been so busy helping other people with their trips that I haven't had a chance to really get excited about our own! :upsidedow

Natalie should be able to go back to school tomorrow so I will have some time to myself to get a few things done. Maybe I will get some lists made! :thumbsup2

Hi Kim! :wave2:
I'm 13 pages late, but I'm here! Not sure how I missed your report from the beginning. :confused3 Anyway...
I'm loving your PTR! :goodvibes Your plans sound great. And Ken, you crack me up! :laughing:
I hope you love POFQ. We stayed there a while back (2002?) and really enjoyed it. And I'm glad to know we're not the only family who can't sleep in while at WDW! We're too excited to sleep! :cool1:

What You're not in the Disney mood yet!!!!!!! :earseek:

Well by golly we gotta get you there! Go make some lists. Take a look at those park maps and picture your girls faces at each of their favorite attractions. Don't forget to think about a couple of meets with your fellow DIS friends- THAT should get you in the Disney Mood!!!!

Maybe a few bouncy friends will help...
:mickeyjum:goofy::figment::stitch::dumbo::simba::ccat::donald::sulley::tigger::hmghost:

HEY PALS AND GALS!!! :goodvibes

Hope I haven't lost any of you! :hug: So sorry I have been so A-WOL lately! Transitioning into my life as a less busy lady has been more busy than I thought it would be! :lmao:

It turns out that I will still be doing some childcare during the week but far less than I was doing before SO I will still have lots of time to devote to the many other things that are important in my life! :thumbsup2

Let's see now...where did I leave off? hmmm.......oh yeah, our last day...WAH! :sad2:

Since we will have been up so late the night before, we will probably sleep in as late as we can! Unfortunately that will only be until about 8am! :laughing:

Our flight is set to depart from MCO at about 12:45 pm I believe so that means we will have to catch our DME shuttle at about 9:30 or so!

I assume there will be a flurry of last minute packing up and gathering of objects scattered around the room! We will acquire for our selves some breakfast at some point and make sure that all our DDP credits have been used up too!

We will depart from POFQ sad I am sure but knowing that some day (don't know when :sad1:) we hope to go back again! ;)

Upon arrival at the airport we will do all the necessary check in things and proceed to check our luggage (Sun Country does not participate in RAC). Once that is all taken care of we will head to the food court to acquire some lunch and coffee. Last year we ate at McDonalds. This year I hope to improve upon the quality of nummies we consume!

After eating we will make our way to our gate and await our return flight back to the COLDNESS!!! :mad:

We will be staying another night in Minneapolis and driving home the next day! :)

So, my friends...there it is... that is what I THINK will happen on our trip! I wonder how it will really go?

up next: packing mania and my version of organization!

You will love the French Quarter, and your daughters will adore the pool. The first time we stayed there my son was 6 and he has always referred to it as the King Triton Pool, the slide is so much fun. The resort is so quaint, never having to walk mare than 10 minutes to get anywhere. Have a great trip!

This part sounds so sad. I hate that last morning. Usually by the end of a trip I'm ready to get back home, but gee, for some reason that's not the case when leaving Disney! I don't suppose that happens to anyone else around here?

So what date and time are you scheduled to arrive back in Mpls??? Hmmmm.

You will love the French Quarter, and your daughters will adore the pool. The first time we stayed there my son was 6 and he has always referred to it as the King Triton Pool, the slide is so much fun. The resort is so quaint, never having to walk mare than 10 minutes to get anywhere. Have a great trip!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 The girls are SO excited to try out the pool! They want to go swimming as soon as we get there! :rotfl:

This part sounds so sad. I hate that last morning. Usually by the end of a trip I'm ready to get back home, but gee, for some reason that's not the case when leaving Disney! I don't suppose that happens to anyone else around here?

So what date and time are you scheduled to arrive back in Mpls??? Hmmmm.

I know! I am sad right now just thinking about it! Disney seems to be the only place I never want to go home from! When we walked out of the Magic Kingdom for the last time last year, I felt like throwing myself to the ground and having a big ole temper tantrum right there on the ground! :lmao:

Our flight gets into MSP at 3:15pm on Monday February 1st! We are planning another trip to MOA that night as well! ;) Might even go to IKEA too! :cool1:

LIST # 1 - My Must Eat Snacks

MK

Dole Whip/Float
Sweet Cream cheese pretzel
Corn dog nuggets
Main St. BAkery Cinnimon Bun

EPCOT

Chocolate croissant
School bread
cappucino yogurt smoothie

DHS

Mickey Ice Cream BAr
Frankfurter in a pretzel roll

AK

Iced Chai
Frozen Lemonade
Frozen Banana

POFQ/POR

Beignets
Yogurt Parfait
Magic Cookie Bar

DTD

Design your own pretzels from Goofy's!

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF FAVE SNACKS THAT I SHOULD TRY???

Hey Kim! I am catching up....you are gonna have so much fun!!!! I am hoping and praying your weather is tremendously perfect!!! Take lots of pics of those little cutie pies too!
I am sure once you get home from the trip, you will get to enjoy your slower time more...it just takes so much time/energy getting ready for a long trip.

LIST # 1 - My Must Eat Snacks

MK

Dole Whip/Float
Sweet Cream cheese pretzel
Corn dog nuggets
Main St. BAkery Cinnimon Bun

EPCOT

Chocolate croissant
School bread
cappucino yogurt smoothie

DHS

Mickey Ice Cream BAr
Frankfurter in a pretzel roll

AK

Iced Chai
Frozen Lemonade
Frozen Banana

POFQ/POR

Beignets
Yogurt Parfait
Magic Cookie Bar

DTD

Design your own pretzels from Goofy's!

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF FAVE SNACKS THAT I SHOULD TRY???

When we got our schoolbread we also got a Cloudberry Horn. I loved the horn so much more than the schoolbread. You definitely need to try schoolbread, to just say you have, and you may like it... I like pastries etc. and was not a fan of the schoolbread.

On my list... Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot FW.
Strawberry Shorotcake sundae at Mrs. Pott's in MK is also very yummy, very large and very much worth the snack credit.

Don't forget those cupcakes at Starring Rolls.

Hey there busy lady! I always feel like I find myself more busy on a day off because I'm trying to catch up on all the errands and such. Throw in planning a vacation that's coming up *REALLY SOON* and you got yourself a bad case of a mad woman trying to get it all done!

I hope your trip is exactly how you plan it- with more magic nad fun than you planned! :goodvibes

Your snack list looks yummy! popcorn:: Especially that Dole Whip and Main St. Bakery Cinnamon Bun. Mmmmmm....

OOOH you're making me hungry. Wonder where I could find a chocolate croissant or a sweet cream cheese pretzel around here?

Actually we get Schwan's delivery and they have a sweet cream cheese pretzel that I keep forgetting to try. Next time. I know it wouldn't be as good as at MK (cuz all food tastes better at WDW), but it would help get me through until the next trip!

How's the packing going??? ;)

There were a lot of good looking cookies at the Main Street bakery I saw in someone's PTR. There was one shortbread shaped like a Mickey with the ears dipped in chocolate!! YUMMM!!

I had to take a break from packing - I am SO overwhelmed! :headache:

When we got our schoolbread we also got a Cloudberry Horn. I loved the horn so much more than the schoolbread. You definitely need to try schoolbread, to just say you have, and you may like it... I like pastries etc. and was not a fan of the schoolbread.

On my list... Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot FW.
Strawberry Shorotcake sundae at Mrs. Pott's in MK is also very yummy, very large and very much worth the snack credit.

Don't forget those cupcakes at Starring Rolls.

I will have to go find a picture of that Cloudberry Horn - it sounds interesting! I think the only reason I want to try school bread is just so that I can say that I HAVE tried it! As far as the cupcakes at DHS, we are plkanning to have luch at Starring rolls on our DHS day so those ginormous cupcakes will be a part of our CS lunch that day! :cool1:

Hey there busy lady! I always feel like I find myself more busy on a day off because I'm trying to catch up on all the errands and such. Throw in planning a vacation that's coming up *REALLY SOON* and you got yourself a bad case of a mad woman trying to get it all done!

I hope your trip is exactly how you plan it- with more magic nad fun than you planned! :goodvibes

Your snack list looks yummy! popcorn:: Especially that Dole Whip and Main St. Bakery Cinnamon Bun. Mmmmmm....

I totally know how you feel! I am so overwhelmed by packing right now! There are piles of clothes and suitcases ALL OVER my living room! :headache: We were trying to avoid too many baggage fees but trying to cram all our clothes into just a few bags is stressing me out! Plus we are bringing boxes of Pop Tarts and Granola bars for breakfast plus all the liquidy things like sunscreen and toothpaste that HAVE to go into checked luggage - Aaaahhhhhh! My brain hurts! :upsidedow

I am REALLY looking forward to this vacation now!!! Once I am in the car on Sunday morning, I will be fine! Until then I will be a basket case of stress and lists! :faint:

I think for supper on Monday night I will be having a Dole Whip and some Corn Dog nuggets! :woohoo:

OOOH you're making me hungry. Wonder where I could find a chocolate croissant or a sweet cream cheese pretzel around here?

Actually we get Schwan's delivery and they have a sweet cream cheese pretzel that I keep forgetting to try. Next time. I know it wouldn't be as good as at MK (cuz all food tastes better at WDW), but it would help get me through until the next trip!

How's the packing going??? ;)

There were a lot of good looking cookies at the Main Street bakery I saw in someone's PTR. There was one shortbread shaped like a Mickey with the ears dipped in chocolate!! YUMMM!!

I LOVE Schwan's! :love: We used to have it here for a bit a long time ago! Ken's sister gets it out on their farm - she always gets extra when we are there for our visit every summer! I absolutely adore their Ice Cream Sandwiches! so yummy!

As I said above, packing right now is VERY stressful! :headache: I think I might have to go to square 1 and start all over agin! I just finished getting all the girls clothes into baggies and now I am secind guessing that idea - it actually seems to take up more space! Aaaarrggghhhhh!

We need a bag for our overnight stay in MSP, bags for the planes, carry ons, checked luggage - It is all just too much right now! Accuweather is NOT helping either - they keep changing the forecast on me! :headache:

SIGH - guess I'll just keep plugging away at it! After all, I only have 7 more days until we leave!!!!! :cool1:

You could do like Joey in Friends and just WEAR a bunch of your clothes on the plane!! :laughing:

Hang in there, it will work out!

kim....thats what I hate about packing for weather extremes..which is what happens down there in dec and jan. It really drove me nuts also!! I used to get Schwans too..they do have awesome ice cream---but dang it's expensive!

I walked away from the packing, closed the door to the "packing room" and am leaving i until tomorrow. I think if I were to look at it I'd panic just as you are. Gee even thinking about is makes me stress :upsidedow.
I agree with you on he weather forecast, I had pulled out more summer clothes, only to see the clouds and rain :sad2:
Tomorrow will be my big packing / laundry day, as I have to work all week!
I am worried about space as well, including souvenier space ;)

take a break and relax.

You could do like Joey in Friends and just WEAR a bunch of your clothes on the plane!! :laughing:

Hang in there, it will work out!

:lmao: I'd better not do any lunges! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

We LOVE :love: FRIENDS...Favourite show EVER!!! We own the Entire series on DVD!!! You truly are a kindred spirit Sheree! Thanks for making me laugh!!! :hug:

kim....thats what I hate about packing for weather extremes..which is what happens down there in dec and jan. It really drove me nuts also!! I used to get Schwans too..they do have awesome ice cream---but dang it's expensive!

Hey Shawna - thanks for your encouragement! :) You are a dear! :hug: hmmmm, ice cream, that sounds so yummy right now! :rolleyes1

I walked away from the packing, closed the door to the "packing room" and am leaving i until tomorrow. I think if I were to look at it I'd panic just as you are. Gee even thinking about is makes me stress :upsidedow.
I agree with you on he weather forecast, I had pulled out more summer clothes, only to see the clouds and rain :sad2:
Tomorrow will be my big packing / laundry day, as I have to work all week!
I am worried about space as well, including souvenier space ;)

take a break and relax.

Thanks Joanne! :thumbsup2 I did take a break! It has helped me to clear my head some! We ate dinner and watched a movie with the girls - WALL-E! First time we have watched it - so cute!! :)

All the clothes are washed and sorted - just need to figure out what goes where! The organizational part of my brain seems to have melted! Maybe a good nights rest will give me some fresh perspective!

Hope your packing goes well tomorrow! :goodvibes

Today is my day for packing frenzy. I want to take too much, simple because I am worried the weather will change at any time!
Once I know what I am taking I then want to be sure all is laundered and clean!
Only to help matters I developed a cold last night!
Positive note, it should be gone before Disney and not during!

I took a break to check the weather forcast - and that rain they were calling for is now gone... hard to tell the weather I think until we get there. I am a cold person to begin with, so I am packing for all extremes :laughing:

Better get back to it!

Glad you saw Wall - E , we love that movie as well ! Hope you are able to get more packing done today!

Kim...are you feeling any better about your packing? Drakes, how bout you? I am thinking of you both!! Just try to do what you can and then take breaks...that is what I had to do...I did my food/toiletry suitcase first...then the morning we left I just put my blowdryer and my makeup bag in there and it was ready to go....
I also did the kids one at a time--suitcase, then they helped me with the backpack. I did my stuff and my carry-on last...Mike did his own because we don't agree on how to pack:rotfl:! So, he does his own bags...we just decided to go ahead and pack what we needed even if we had to pay for it...it's just too hard to try to cram it all in the carry-ons!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter