A Pixie Dusted Christmas 2013 - Completed 8/4/14

FastPass right by the fear of Space Mountain
I'm finally getting back to my trip report this weekend after getting over the last of this awful cold I could not seem to shake...

On day one after lunch it was FastPass time...we had never used this system on the first trip at all so...This trip we scheduled FastPass+ for rides we have never all been on and wanted to enjoy. First up – Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.

You can see from the photo, my daughter was not so sure of this one. She was not a fan of the dark or of Zurg, but she wanted to shoot so she would raise her head up and shoot at things, often without looking at them.
Our next FastPass was for Space Mountain so we wanted to stay in the area. We explored the gift shop and my daughter fell in love with a Stitch Pillow-pet. She knew she could not buy anything on day 1 as a rule, but told me that she would be bringing him home with us (Thank you Uncles for the awesome birthday gift card you gave her in May!) and I wondered how he would fit in the suitcase when other surprises that were coming involved large stuffed things as well???? We also tried on silly hats...of course

We are always on the look for pins for trading and in the shop with Stitch we met Walt (a perfect Disney name if I do say so) who had pins all 3 of us wanted to trade for. His rule – Each pin he trades comes with a joke. The only one we can remember now is “Where is Peter Pans favorite place to eat? Wait for it…… Wendy’s!!!!!” HA!! Way fun. We had to add his signature to our Cast Member autograph book as well.

We still had some time so we decided to hop onto the people mover and tour around Tomorrowland. It was perfect as it was pretty warm out that day and this provided a nice little breeze. I also got a nice shot of Space Mountain which is a good thing considering what happened pretty soon after that.

The Club 626 dance party was daughter’s favorite from the Halloween Party we attended, but it has been replaced recently by an Incredible’s dance party. Despite the heat our daughter wanted to move.

She did not want to hold hands or dance too much with characters, but boy did she want to dance. She was dripping and finally came to me and asked to change out of her Merida costume into her Chicago Disney shirt. Yes we had matching shirts – when in Disney!!! There were some really great ones around with all sorts of fun themes.

Once changed, we sat in the shade and waited for the Space Mountain Time to come. Now, I had already decided that I was sitting this one out. I was 10 days out of surgery and had been told not to do roller coasters, fast, bumpy, jerky rides…so I knew this counted in that category…BUT I so wanted to go. I was feeling okay, but not wonderful and I had done a lot of walking so I was going to follow doctor’s orders.

Our daughter on the other hand had nothing holding her back except her fears – she has seen YouTube videos of the ride and before coming really wanted to do it, but she got nervous. I have to say I was so proud of her. We started talking while changing and she was saying she wasn’t going to go, but before she could have a full on fear attack we talked and she calmed down. I reminded her it was one of the things she had been looking forward to and that the only scary was the dark. I played a small guilt card as well and told her how excited her daddy was to go on this and would hate to have to go alone… that did it. I sent them into the FastPass line and crossed my fingers they would come out only after having ridden the ride….

SUCCESS!!! Once off the ride she was screaming to do it again! Her smile said it all. I was on the phone with my dad at the time and he got excited for her and shared the news with grandma. I guess we know what that Little Mermaid Fast Pass would be changed to later in the week. We decided not to wait in the 90 minute line for them to do it again. She said that was fine as long as we could go to Dumbo instead. Done.

The new waiting area for the double Dumbo is great. You get a pager and go in to a play area (the line to get to that point was about 10 minutes I think, not awful).The kid got to play and we got to sit. The hardest part – finding your kid and getting them to stop playing when you pager goes off for you to ride the ride. I think we waited about 30 minutes total for the ride, not bad and it was restful to sit more. I was super warm and drinking lots of water, but not sure if the place had air or not???
We thought about Barnstormer, but line was over 50 minutes so we headed over to see what the wait times were at Pete’s Silly Side Show – 20 minutes on each side. That is an easy wait time. We started with Minnie & Daisy. One of Minnie’s poodles was named Sophie – a fun twist on the meet & greet.

We finished with them and got in line for Goofy and Donald. My daughter continued her argument with Donald about being number 1 over Mickey. Donald really had fun with it and her. Goofy was – well Goofy!!

It was almost time to meet Talking Mickey back in Main Street. Before we could make our way back we had to pass through the gift shop conveniently placed on your way out of Pete’s Silly Side Show. The pillow pets screams at us once again, but we all got distracted looking at cast members pins for trading. A cast member said she had a special mystery pin to trade with our daughter!! My daughter selected her pin to trade with and the cast member had her close her eyes for the trade. She traded my daughter a safety pin – Now my daughter knows better and even when the CM tried to say it was an official Disney pin that held up her official Disney uniform my daughter wasn’t buying it. The final trade was pretty awesome a pin that featured a photo of Walt Disney with Mickey looking in- a pretty sweet trade.

Needless to say we needed this Cast members autograph in our book. While all this was going on some management looking people were watching the trade. When we explained about our CM autograph book they took pictures of it and notes!!! They thought it was cool we were honoring fun cast members that way.

We started the walk back and enjoyed it. We arrived for the FP time slot and asked where to go for Talking Mickey. We were told he doesn’t always talk so they do not call it that – I was pretty sure that is what my FastPass reservation said on it “Talking Mickey” (I could be wrong??) so I would have been a little upset if he had not been talking but….HE WAS!!! It was neat.

The interactions were fun and if you keep your questions basic he would respond. He did a card trick with the kid in front of us and the kid showed him which card he picked – Mickey had him pick another and it was the same one…Mickey showed us all they were all the same and it was funny!! He and my daughter roared like lions (an interaction I had seen on a video) and my husband asked him about cheese and he responded with an “I Love it.”

It was about 5:30 and we had been in the park since rope drop at 7AM. Originally we were going to go to 1900 Park for dinner this night, but we canceled that so we could spend the whole day in MK and see fireworks if we wanted to. My feet were hurting and I was worn out from the walking. My daughter spoke what we were all feeling –“ Let’s go back to the hotel!!”

We got on a boat back to the resort and once back headed up to the room. When we arrived we were greeted by the CL staff members, who asked how our first day was and welcomed us home. It was so comforting to have that after our fun day. We had met Grace when we checked in, but she was working the desk this time and started asking our daughter about the day. Meanwhile, Sam asked what our dinner plans were. We told him we did not have any and he suggested looking for an opening at Whispering Canyon – in a few minutes he had us schedule to eat at 8:30. We went back to the room to wash up for dinner. We grabbed a few appetizers from the Old Faithful Club and we’re welcomed into the room by some fun towel treats!!!
When it was time for dinner we headed back down, took some more pictures in front of the lobby tree and went across for dinner.

Whispering Canyon is known for the fun. We were tired from our day, but still wanted to enjoy our meal so it was super easy to play along with our waitress as she threw napkins on the table and sat down in the empty seat with us. We enjoyed the “friendly rude” behavior and our meal was good – glad I took a photo because I was so sleepy I would have forgotten one of the best meals. We opted for menu items instead of the all you can eat platter. I had the Oak-roasted Pork Loin Rib Chop with Cheese Grits, Buttered Chard, Apple-Cranberry Relish, and Natural Juices. It was so yummy. I had to ask what the cheese grits were because I had forgotten…the waitress laughed at me for that one. My husband had the steak and my daughter the goldfish shaped grilled cheese dipper sandwich…she almost fell asleep at the table.

Around us a larger table came in and the teen girls were on their phones – there waitress quickly put an end to that – it was wonderful. Funny thing is she was saying what lots of people feel in a joking way fit for the restaurant and they all followed right along and had a wonderful time. We watched as others needed ketchup and it was all at one table-so if called for it the table with it had to bring it all over to the new table. It was fun, but we were fading fast – when time for dessert we ordered it to go.

Our waitress asked my husband if he wanted the whole birthday thing or not – when he told her it was her decision she yelled out to the restaurant, “This is Erik and he is super tired, but we are celebrating his birthday. Instead of the whole song we are just gonna give him one big Happy Birthday on the count of 3.” The restaurant all shouted Happy Birthday and we were headed back upstairs.
Before we headed into our room we stopped in the Old Faithful Lounge upstairs.
Grace wished us sweet dreams and we got some hot chocolate (mine with a small shot of Kahlua) as a bedtime drink.

Day one in the books!:love:

I am enjoying reading about your trip. I am very interested to hear your thoughts on Wilderness Lodge as you go. We are staying there this summer and I am contemplating now changing our reservation to club level. Can't wait to hear more!

Cool, the bell ringers, a birthday song and a great meal! Nice way to celebrate indeed!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks, It was such a great first day at MK!!!

I am enjoying reading about your trip. I am very interested to hear your thoughts on Wilderness Lodge as you go. We are staying there this summer and I am contemplating now changing our reservation to club level. Can't wait to hear more!

I can not say enough about our amazing Club level experience. It was so welcoming form the moment we stepped off Magic Express and were walked right upstairs to the amazing Grace I will talk about over and over when it comes to this trip. My husband is a TA and now recommends it over and over.:love:

I followed you over here from my PTR. Looks like such a wonderful trip so far! I love all your costumes! I also took a look at your PTR and I am so glad that you dressed up too! WL is one of the resorts I want to stay at someday. In, fact I strongly considered it this time, but my gut was saying AKL. It looks so beautiful at Christmas!

Can't wait to read more!

I followed you over here from my PTR. Looks like such a wonderful trip so far! I love all your costumes! I also took a look at your PTR and I am so glad that you dressed up too! WL is one of the resorts I want to stay at someday. In, fact I strongly considered it this time, but my gut was saying AKL. It looks so beautiful at Christmas!

Can't wait to read more!

Loved dressing up for Halloween - young at heart at Disney...great combo!

S funny about you saying you want to stay at WL someday...Next on our list.. AKL!!!

Christmas Eve Thrills & Chills Part 1
Our second day in the park was all about Epcot. Spending Christmas Eve walking around the world sounded pretty nice to me. I even had bought a fun Mickey shirt to wear around the world. It did not turn out the exact way I thought or planned, but it was a wonderful day and no one can tell me otherwise. The number two item on my wish list for the trip was happening this day – Candlelight Processional. I was super hyped from the moment I woke up.

We had an ADR at Akershus for breakfast that morning and when we arrived at the park we were able to go in before they officially opened for the day. What fun to walk in and over to the Norway pavilion with no one around you. (Of course I had to take a quick Space Ship Earth photo).

Our breakfast at Akershus was nice. For me the highlight was having our photo taken with Belle in her holiday attire. (That means I have her photo in all her dresses)

The food was okay, but nothing extra exciting or special. There is a simple buffet with some fruit, cheeses and breads(some Norwegian fare) and you get a platter of eggs, cheesy potatoes (these were wonderful), and sausage. Again, it was not my favorite breakfast - No Mickey waffles even, but the meet & greet with the princesses was a lot of fun.

They also do a cute little princess parade where the children walk around the room with the princesses. We got to see Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel & Aurora.
(a note on this line up later on)

After breakfast the plan was to walk around the World Showcase, listen to storytellers, see the shops and maybe try a few of the rides until our afternoon FP+, but this little movie came out in November, you might had heard of it, Frozen??? Well, let’s just say my daughter’s new favorite characters are Anna & Elsa so we had to do the meet & greet with them. They started their meet & greet at 11AM, but by 9:15 when we left breakfast the line had already started and was growing. We figured we had 2 choices – skip it all together or get in the line…

We got in the line. We were surrounded by some wonderful families both from Illinois as well and it was a nice wait telling stories and talking about home. Our daughter went inside the shop that had to close one entrance due to the line, and she read a whole Frozen book (no one minded as the store was a little empty due to the line blocking one entrance). There was also a Kidcot place for kids to color a Duffy the Bear or Perry the Platypus sign so she went over and took her time coloring that. My husband and I took turns in the line for washroom breaks and moving around and he even went over to ride Malestrom when it first opened and there was no line at all. In the end it was a little less than a 2 hour wait, but by the time they opened up for the 11AM session they had already started the line for the 1PM one and were telling people it might only be one of the sisters at that time.

…it took a huge chunk out of our day, but we can officially say we have met up with all the Disney Princesses (okay not sure when these two will have an official coronation, but they so will sooner or later I’m guessing.)

After our time with the beautiful Anna & Elsa we were still about an hour away from our first FP+ window to open up. We had originally booked Mission Space, but for our daughter we decided to switch it. We had no problem doing this the night before and were all set up for Spaceship Earth at noon. On our way towards the ride we saw the line for Duffy the Bear was very short.

We enjoyed the short queue that had the story of how Minnie made the bear for Mickey when he was going to go travel the world.

Even with a quick break for Duffy, we were only in line for about 15 minutes. I like that his butt had a Mickey head on it.

We continued on our way and stopped for some photos with the tree at the entrance to The World Showcase, did some pin trading and found out exactly where we needed to go in order to get the Disney Visa photo opp.

We had to go see Figment as well. I know some people do not like this one, but for me it is all about being a kid here. I wish they had the old ride with the professor and the balloon, but Figment is still Figment and I love him. After the quick ride we played with some of the fun games they have in the room and created our own Figment – Sapphire (do not ask me why she is not blue).

Once in our FP+ time for Spaceship Earth we headed into the line – oh wait there was no line for the FP+, just walk in and enjoy skipping the 60 minute stand by line that was going on. This is good because as excited as my daughter was about “going into the ball” she got a little less thrilled as we headed in. She closed her eyes at first, but got comfortable with the basics of the ride and the dark as she listened to Judi Dench tell the tale. Our daughter’s favorite part was at the top with all the stars and heading back down you get to create your own future. We actually got stuck here for a few minutes, but with the stars around and the backwards slant it was not an uncomfortable place to be stuck. We left and stopped up front to get our official entrance photos.

Later on we saw this cute Stitch lite up…Very fun!!

Our next stop was the Disney Visa photo area (if you have a Disney Visa you get to have a special meet and greet and you get to select one of the photos – to have printed out) . You can find this at certain times inside Innovations West right by the Where’s The Fire? exhibit. (We liked the patches of all the different fire stations showcased by the truck) Who would it be at the meet up? We were told the characters change up so we had no idea who we would be visiting with.

We were very happy to visit with Minnie & Pluto (my daughter says that with the backdrop you feel like you are meeting with the whole gang)

It was now time for one of the rides I had been waiting for – Test Track! Only problem was I wasn't sure if I should go on the ride or not. I was 11 days out of surgery and they had told me 7-10 days was the basic recovery so I was within those guidelines. I also was feeling great. I think the walking of the first day wore me out, but also got my body ready for the rest of the trip. I had never ridden this before so I totally decided to try it. I figured if it bothered me I would not do anymore rides that were fast and bumpy like this.

I am so glad I did it and even more happy that I felt great afterwards. We made a fun purple car with special stars all over and very large wheels. It may not have done well with the environment test, but in the end we scored pretty high.

One person in your party puts the car right onto your magic band and when you enter the actual ride it scans the band all over again. We also made our commercial (pick the music, spokesperson and what feature to focus on…cool) and sent it to my email address.

Next stop….Soarin’. This was another one we had never done, but had heard so much about. We were not disappointed at all. The FP+ line was one of the longer ones we waited in, but in the grand scheme not too long. Is it just me or do you get guilty walking past everyone in the stand-by line?? Just a little bit? Anyhow, we had a great time in the line with a family in front of us and we got to share a row with them when we got on the ride. Loved the smells. My favorite part was the fireworks over Disneyland at the end. This will become one we do over and over each visit I’m sure.

Now we had about an hour before our Dinner reservations at Garden Grill right there in the same place. I wanted a photo of the Test Track sign before it got any darker so we figured it would kill some time. We got our daughter a Frozen Coke and while my hubby and daughter watched the Jammanators? I went on a secret mission for Santa. I even picked up a stocking stuffer for my hubby. It was getting a little chilly at this point but nothing major…boy would that change

Your Frozen picture turned out super cute, looks well worth the wait.
We were at Epcot on Dec 23, and had the same princesses at Akershus. Food was great ....the meeting with the princesses felt rushed, but my DD didn't mind it.....it was all about meeting Ariel for the first time.

Your Frozen picture turned out super cute, looks well worth the wait.
We were at Epcot on Dec 23, and had the same princesses at Akershus. Food was great ....the meeting with the princesses felt rushed, but my DD didn't mind it.....it was all about meeting Ariel for the first time.

The Frozen photo was so worth it for us. Glad you enjoyed Akershus...it is not that I didn't I just love the castle. Meeting Ariel for the first time is a BIG deal!!! :flower3:

Looks like the perfect start to Christmas eve to me! Your Frozen meet looks totally worth it!

I am glad you were able to enjoy TT we skipped it last time, and it was sort of a bummer because it was always one of our favorites!

I love Belle's Christmas dress, so pretty! Someday, I will see it!

I can't wait to hear what you thought of GG!

Oh yay! I found your TR! I have been looking for this! So exciting so far (still catching up). Love the balloons! Your family is adorable! I love how Christmassy it all looks!!!! Can't wait to read more!

Christmas Eve Thrills & Chills Part 2
It was Christmas Eve and the number one thing on my top ten list for this trip was seeing the Candlelight Processional. After reading about it and watching a few sample videos, I knew it was a must see for us. The day we were able to make the Candlelight package reservations we were up early and on the phone. We were pleased to get one at Garden Grill. It was not our first choice, but turned out to be just perfect.

We got seated as the sun was going down outside and ordered just in time for Chip to arrive at our table. He was super fun and playful with our daughter. She got very distracted by the spinning restaurant and very excited that her macaroni and cheese had Goldfish crackers on top.

My husband and I were not sure when we booked the meal that we would be happy with the food, but nothing can be farther from that…it was wonderful. We loved not having to make a choice in our meal for one thing and it was all yummy…for me it was the stuffing and turkey for my husband the steak. WE got more of both …We also loved the dessert (which was gone before I remembered to snap a photo… But here is our plate.

We loved the character meet ups during dinner and our daughter had fun teasing Chip and Dale…the best part was the characters seemed to keep coming round and each time would stop for a quick hello and hug. Our poor waiter got interrupted by them over and over.

My husband is part of many Disney Facebook groups and in one he had posted something about our Cast member autograph book. A Cast Member who works at Garden Grill was so excited about it and told him she would be working on Christmas Eve. We made sure to ask for her and she came over and we had a wonderful chat and she told us how special she thought our book was.

We got our Processional stickers and got ready to head that way when the meal was over, but WOW it was cold. Now I hear what you must be thinking – I live in the Chicago area, Florida cold is nothing compared to what I am used to and you are right. We had all the extra gear ready to go, but we had read the weather wrong and not carried along any extra warm gear for the evening. We ended up buying my husband a new jacket and a warm blanket to keep us all toasty warm during the Processional. SIDE NOTE: It is my new TV watching blanket and I love it!!

I will be the first to admit I got a little nutty about getting to Processional on time and pushed us to go superfast to get into the line for Processional (until I realized I could not move that fast and had to slow down to catch my breath). We had to walk halfway around the World Showcase to get to the end of the Dinner package line (oh I so wish we had gone the other way around). We thought the line was crazy long and how would everyone fit, but that place holds so many people. It was crazy to see.

I made the decision as we were sitting wrapped in a blanket waiting for it to start to not try and take any photos. I figured I could look online for one if I needed it, but what I really wanted was to just feel like I was at church for the Christmas Eve service so I kept the camera put away. As soon as it began I knew I was not going to be disappointed.

Our narrator was Steven Curtis Chapman. I do not know much about him but he was a wonderful narrator. I had a great time watching him be wrapped up in the music and watching the choirs around him. (If you did not know, we learned that the guest choirs form schools and community groups are the people dressed in yellow. The choir members that make up the tree are actually Disney Cast members who sign up to be part of the show. Amazing Grace (our CL CM) told us she had done it once. There is always a big list of people who want to do it. How cool.

I cried during Silent Night (not a big surprise as I always do at church as well). It was beautiful. Our daughter was very tired and fell asleep on her daddy’s shoulder. When the show was over we decided we had seen Illuminations before so would skip it this night and just head back home to get to sleep before Santa could arrive.

I totally forgot about the In-Room Celebration. When we reached out door there was this wonderful banner hanging and Sophie asked what this was. She had mentioned wishing for another treat like her pumpkin at Halloween so she knew right away something was up.

The room was glowing with red and green luminaries and there were giant snowflakes all over the floor. On one bed was a giant Minnie Mouse holding a huge gift box and a pair of green and red Minnie ears. On the other bed was a giant Mickey Mouse with another box and a fancy note. On the desk was a rolled up newspaper and a storybook.

We had so much fun opening the boxes to see what Mickey & Minnie had left us to help with our holiday celebration – 3 light up Mickey necklaces, a pair of Santa Mickey Ears, caramel corn, a cookie decorating kit, a wishing star necklace, autograph book and pen, a rolled up blanket with our daughter’s name on it, & 2 pillowcases (with a cute holiday message).It was magical. I only wish I could have captured the look of the room with the lights better as it was so beautiful.

This In Room Celebration had been on my list for a long time and I am so so happy we did it. She was so surprised and excited. :cheer2:

We got her tucked into bed, I enjoyed some hot cocoa from the lounge and before long was dreaming away.

Looks like the perfect start to Christmas eve to me! Your Frozen meet looks totally worth it!

I am glad you were able to enjoy TT we skipped it last time, and it was sort of a bummer because it was always one of our favorites!

I love Belle's Christmas dress, so pretty! Someday, I will see it!

I can't wait to hear what you thought of GG!

Belle's holiday dress was one of those childlike moments for me
-she is my favorite princess so i was a little giddy

Loved Garden GRill.

Oh yay! I found your TR! I have been looking for this! So exciting so far (still catching up). Love the balloons! Your family is adorable! I love how Christmassy it all looks!!!! Can't wait to read more!

The balloons were a big hit. Glad you found me!!

You had a really busy Christmas Eve. It seems like you were lucky to only wait two hours for the Frozen characters. It looks like you got a lot done with Soarin' and Test Track and my DH's favorite ride, Spaceship Earth. I like designing the car in Test Track. And the ride reminds me of driving around in our Mustang. ;)

What a nice dinner at Garden Grill! The Candlelight Processional is perfect for Christmas Eve. You must have seen one of the last performances of the year.

I think Disney has been selling a lot of blankets this winter, since Florida has been so cold. My DH had to buy a sweater when were in Epcot in February. He had a jacket back in the resort room, but didn't realize how cold the World Showcase can get when the wind is blowing and the temperature drops.

We got our free Disney Visa photo on this trip, too, the first time I'd been able to talk DH into it. We were the only ones there and had Mickey and Goofy. It was a lot of fun and my DH was surprised at how much he enjoyed it. I doubt I can talk him into any other meet and greets, though. I'd love for him to do a face character because those can be a lot of fun.

What a wonderful Christmas surprise for your daughter. Maybe it was better that you forgot about it too. It helped make it more of a real surprise. The WL is such a nice place for Christmas. :)

Oh what a nice surprise! What a wonderful ending to a great day!
We also loved Garden Grill. I thought the food was great and th charcater interaction was fantastic.
Someday we will do the candlelight processional. It sounds like it is a can't miss part if Christmas at Disney!

You had a really busy Christmas Eve. It seems like you were lucky to only wait two hours for the Frozen characters. It looks like you got a lot done with Soarin' and Test Track and my DH's favorite ride, Spaceship Earth. I like designing the car in Test Track. And the ride reminds me of driving around in our Mustang. ;)

What a nice dinner at Garden Grill! The Candlelight Processional is perfect for Christmas Eve. You must have seen one of the last performances of the year.

I think Disney has been selling a lot of blankets this winter, since Florida has been so cold. My DH had to buy a sweater when were in Epcot in February. He had a jacket back in the resort room, but didn't realize how cold the World Showcase can get when the wind is blowing and the temperature drops.

We got our free Disney Visa photo on this trip, too, the first time I'd been able to talk DH into it. We were the only ones there and had Mickey and Goofy. It was a lot of fun and my DH was surprised at how much he enjoyed it. I doubt I can talk him into any other meet and greets, though. I'd love for him to do a face character because those can be a lot of fun.

What a wonderful Christmas surprise for your daughter. Maybe it was better that you forgot about it too. It helped make it more of a real surprise. The WL is such a nice place for Christmas. :)

The Face meetings are fun when you get to talking...We loved watching my daughter argue with Gaston - later in trip report.

Oh what a nice surprise! What a wonderful ending to a great day!
We also loved Garden Grill. I thought the food was great and th charcater interaction was fantastic.
Someday we will do the candlelight processional. It sounds like it is a can't miss part if Christmas at Disney!

I loved Candlelight Processional. It was stunning and heart warming. Just right for the holidays. I imagine not matter who narrator is it just is an amazing spectacle fitting for a Disney holiday

The Candlelight processional is at the very top of my to do list. It sounds so magical and beautiful!
What an adorable surprise for your DD with the In-Room Celebration! Sounds like so much fun!

I read your entire PTR, but not sure how I missed the link for the actual trip report... glad I found it!!

Sophie makes a wonderful Merida! I did not get to meet her on my trip, but I had some great interactions with the princesses I did meet.

How cool that you got to open the restaurant! I didn't know they did stuff like that. What a fun experience.

I am SO happy for you that you got that awesome pin with Walt! What a special souvenir. And I love that everyone was so excited about your Cast Member autograph book. That was something I wanted to do but never actually got around to it... which is probably a good thing, but I didn't even wind up getting any character autographs.

Steven Curtis Chapman is a beautiful human being. Do a Google search on him... but not if you're feeling overly emotional. There are some things that will have you sobbing. But I love his music. He is a great choice to have participate in the processional. I've never experienced it, but I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time!! pixiedust:

I read your entire PTR, but not sure how I missed the link for the actual trip report... glad I found it!!

Sophie makes a wonderful Merida! I did not get to meet her on my trip, but I had some great interactions with the princesses I did meet.

How cool that you got to open the restaurant! I didn't know they did stuff like that. What a fun experience.

I am SO happy for you that you got that awesome pin with Walt! What a special souvenir. And I love that everyone was so excited about your Cast Member autograph book. That was something I wanted to do but never actually got around to it... which is probably a good thing, but I didn't even wind up getting any character autographs.

Steven Curtis Chapman is a beautiful human being. Do a Google search on him... but not if you're feeling overly emotional. There are some things that will have you sobbing. But I love his music. He is a great choice to have participate in the processional. I've never experienced it, but I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time!! pixiedust:

I have googled him and am a fan....he is perfect when needing to let go of emotion a little bit. Thanks for finding me.

Loving your trip report so far! I am from Illinois, too. :) We have never done the CP, but I bet it was awesome! Steven Curtis Chapman was one of my favorite singers in high school. He must have been great! Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter